1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Gen Tacoma Power Folding Mirrors

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by KTJO 4x4, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 25, 2019 at 8:57 PM
    TacoTruck808

TacoTruck808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB, Prem & Tech Pkg, MGM
    I sanded only the area i had to cut off to fit the new switch (same area as you pic), but didnt sand around the circle where the turning switch is. The folding switch sits flush with the door panel, but so does all the other switches so its fine.

2. Oct 25, 2019 at 9:07 PM
    Rainoffire

Rainoffire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCLB TRD Sport
    May I also get an install instruction set?

KTJO 4x4[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 26, 2019 at 5:08 PM
    KTJO 4x4

KTJO 4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4 DCSB BARCELONA RED
    Nitro 4.88 Gears OVTune 1.05 91Oct DirtyDeeds Exhaust
    Yeah. I can send them a little later. Going to check on the progress of my truck right now. Just got done finishing building a set of Power Folding Mirrors for a 4Runner. Taking a Break before I start on some Tundra and Tacoma Tailgate labels; as well as replying to PMs I also need to build a set of Power Folding Mirrors for the Tacoma to send out on Monday.

Rainoffire[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Oct 27, 2019 at 10:28 PM
    TacoTruck808

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    I finished modifying both mirrors today but i gotta be honest, it was not an easy task. Modifying the connection plate and adjuster plate was really time consuming. I had to grind down more then what is on the installation instructions on the plastic connection plate, and i had to grind down some of the edges of the adjuster plate. Also, the holes didnt line up so had to work on that also. After working on the first plate for like 2 hours, i was starting to regret the DIY kit. The second one was alot quicker after doing the first one, but still required alot of modifications. My suggestion is to make sure you mark the mirror adjuster position BEFORE you take it apart so you know what orientation to put it back on, since it will require drilling new holes in the metal plate. I wish i had taken pictures along the way but i just wanted to get it done before it got dark. I didnt even have a chance to run the wiring yet, but was able to plug everything in and test it. My drivers mirror moves slower then the passenger side so i dont know if it is normal or not but the motor sounds louder.

i do want to add that although the modifications of the mirror was a pain in the ass, the plug and play connectors and terminations of all the wiring harnesses was top notch. Katie really did an awesome job creating this kit and getting it out to market. It was worth the wait.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    KTJO 4x4[OP] and Rainoffire like this.
  5. Oct 29, 2019 at 7:36 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE:

I just noticed that the new batch of Adjustment Plates with the build I am doing, the holes are completely off. For those of you that have started your build, I apologize for that. I’m not sure how that happened as I just checked these and completed a build prior and they were right on as you see in the pictures. o_O If you haven’t started your build yet, I will be having some new plates made, so let me know and I can send you new ones. If you would like new ones regardless, let me know. I can send them to you anyways. Again, I do apologize as I’m not exactly sure what happened here.

6. Oct 29, 2019 at 7:52 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    I’m glad you really like it. I do apologize for the modifications. You shouldn’t have had to make that many. I didn’t realize the holes were off as I just mentioned in the post above. I am actually fixing this now. Ugh. As I did my build prior to having these made, the plate matched up which is how I have those photos. I do apologize. When the holes actually match up, you do not have to modify that much. Also, in my picture with the Actuator you will see that I mark my actuator so I know the orientation of it and where to align it. I also mark my mirror housing as well. :thumbsup: There are a few tips I try to point out in the pictures and steps. One of the big things I state on the disclosure is to make sure you read the instructions all the way through prior to starting your own installation and/or DIY so you know what’s in store for you. It will help. Especially when I give you a couple different options of doing things. Like cutting wires or not cutting wires ;). Remember, this is a DIY project if you get the DIY kit so make it your own too. Those are my words of advice :)

7. Nov 1, 2019 at 11:43 AM
    AllenOne1

AllenOne1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport / 2018 TRD Off Road
    Gen2: Access cab platform, Gen3: MESO Puddle Lights, KTJO Power Folding Mirrors,
    I finished the install today on both the power fold mirrors and the puddle lights. The kit really helps with pulling this mod off but as someone else stated it is not for the faint of heart. On the instructions it mentions a time frame of 3-5 hours I hope that is just for the actual mirror mod because the entire install took me a lot longer than that. One of the biggest issues I had was getting the loose pin connectors popped into the connector, it was like my holes weren't finished or something only one of the pins just snapped right in. Several things on my truck were different than the instructions and it took some time to figure it out and make it work. Many thanks to Katie for putting this together I can tell it took a lot of time.

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  8. Nov 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    fatboyfirebass

fatboyfirebass Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blk TRD OR DCSB MT6 Prem/Tech Pkgs
    OV Tuned, S&B Intake, MBRP Dual black Cat-back, accumulator delete, URD SS, 2LM, SSO Hybrid bumper/Warn 10kSynthetic, Custom Car Grille, MESO Ultimate Turn Signal in KTJO Power Folding Mirrors, Genesis Dual Battery, BHLM with LED upgrade, Fog delete, Geko Bed & Underhood lighting, Rear camera anytime, Nav Block Override, 400W anytime w/ interior outlets, USB charging stations, DE-badged, TVD blackout kit, HiLux interior door handles, Hybrid SS/Delrin Shift Knob, Cali-Raised bed Stiffeners, Ultimate Tailgate Seal, "El Dorado" Dual-quad horns, Diamondback HD cover, Mobtown engine/trans skid plates, RCI control arm skids, JLT oil catch can, Meso overhead Hex rack.
    There is a right and wrong orientation for this loose pins. I found that during my install. I have some pics in this thread. But even in the correct orientation, it is tricky to get them fully seated. I found that some needle nose pliers right at the wire to terminal connection pushing in line works the best.

9. Nov 1, 2019 at 1:05 PM
    TacoTruck808

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    What Daniel mentioned in the install video was to release the clip on the OEM connector, but didnt show how to do it. One pin (black with grey lines) went in easy without lifting the clip, the other 3 would not budge. Took me awhile to figure out but once I lifted the clip on the door harness, the pin went right in. It should only go in one way because there is a notch at the bottom of the pin and connector, just dont force it or you will damage the pin and/or connector.

10. Nov 11, 2019 at 6:41 PM
    AllenOne1

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Gen2: Access cab platform, Gen3: MESO Puddle Lights, KTJO Power Folding Mirrors,
    What are you guys doing with the mirror parts that you removed, is there any reason to keep them? I'm thinking they have no residual value to anyone and need to hit the scrap bin. The original mirror switch I plan on keeping in case someone needs one later.

11. Nov 12, 2019 at 7:40 AM
    TacoTruck808

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    I just kept it in case. I have a bin of Tacoma stuff so it goes in the bin. Probably will never use it so if limited in space, you could dump it.

12. Nov 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    AllenOne1

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    I'm kind of a pack rat and need to break the habit but I never want to throw anything out that can be used later. I don't see the mirror mods as being reversible so they don't have any use for that but would anyone ever need internal mirror parts? Seems highly unlikely.

TacoTruck808 likes this.
  13. Nov 12, 2019 at 7:47 AM
    TacoTruck808

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    I am the same way but it has saved me more then a few times. :thumbsup:

AllenOne1[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Nov 20, 2019 at 8:38 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Anyone heard from Katie lately? I had some questions but haven’t heard back.

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  15. Nov 20, 2019 at 9:24 PM
    Rainoffire

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCLB TRD Sport
    What are your concerns?

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  16. Nov 21, 2019 at 8:07 AM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE:

30 SR5 Power Folding Mirror Harnesses will be shipped to me tomorrow from my vendor. Therefore, I will finally have those in stock. :bananadance:

I have been informed that the NEW Adjustment Plates have been shipped to me and I should receive them by Saturday :cheers:

If everything looks good when I start up my current build I was in the process of at the time, I will be shipping them out to everyone to replace the other ones!!

elaudtr likes this.
  17. Nov 21, 2019 at 8:08 AM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Sent you a PM

erok81[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Nov 21, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    No concerns. I asked her to hold my shipment because I was out of town. I’m back and saw she posted in a bit. But it looks like I have a fresh pm waiting for me. :cool:

KTJO 4x4[OP] likes this.
  19. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:22 PM
    KTJO 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE:

I received the Adjustment Plates tonight!!! :bananadance: Great News!!! They are perfect!!! I put one of the mirrors together just to make sure and test them out for everyone before I send them out as replacements. Here are some pics. In the first pic you will see that I shaved off the ends of the screw. I originally used all 4 Screws on the inside to connect the Adjustment Plate to the Connection Plate. However, when I Installed the Actuator onto the Adjustment Plate, noticed they bottom left was sitting a little on top of the screw so it wouldn’t sit completely flat. I couldn’t just leave it. Some of you probably could have, but my OCD kicked in. So I just removed it, swampier the bottom two screws from the insider and went from the Outside in, and then shaved off the ends. I actually think this looks the best.

7A5CF9AF-A50A-4E66-8996-605453F7F440.jpg

C04251AD-0B84-4D70-9ED1-7F149653FFBA.jpg

1784CF64-C410-42CA-867F-1CB0D6E99074.jpg1F3CFD59-D295-4B94-8AAC-45FD10CBB465.jpg

i believe these are now ready to ship out. So, if you are someone that would like a set of the adjustment plates that was on the first order, please let me know as it has been a little bit. I obviously have the list people and I will be checking each of former conversations to see if we have confirmed this already or not. Thanks again for being patient.

Beerpayzdabillz likes this.
  20. Nov 26, 2019 at 2:26 AM
    Rainoffire

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCLB TRD Sport
    I would like two please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top