1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Cyl PreRunner Towing

Discussion in 'Towing' started by SC4333, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Mar 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    wesrunner

wesrunner Gang Gang

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It's paid for.
    a buncha fuckin toyotas
    My 3RZ tows my boat pretty good (14' aluminum hull). I just push the ECT PWR button and do my thing. Now, it is only 5 minutes from my house to the launch, but I have towed a trailer with some furniture about 20 miles. I try to keep it at or below 55 when I tow, because I'm paranoid like that... :D Truck did better than I expected it too. Stopping was noticably harder. But I've since had my brakes redone, so I'm sure it would be better now.

I'm about to move 6 hours away and If i find myself towing a uhaul I'll be sure to keep track of the mileage!

2. Mar 2, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    bpurdy

bpurdy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Duluth MN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab Tacoma 4x4 5 speed
    Heavy Duty Tow Package, Field Logic Graphics Aries Black Grille Guard Ionic Tonneau Cover
    Yeah, I really works quite well, you just have to be smart about it. Towing 10,000 lbs with a strait 4 can be done if you have a stick and are careful and essentially drive it like a train. Towing 6000lbs with a V6 would be a piece of cake. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top