1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

#4 cylinder missfire

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by davy1974, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    davy1974

davy1974 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    davy
    ga
    Vehicle:
    99 tacoma 4x4 reg cab 2.7
    i have a 99 tacoma reg cab 4x4 with a 2.7. i have very bad skip on cylinder 4. no power and converter gets red sometimes and then clears up. ive replaced wires plugs and #4 injector. pulled converter and started engine still missfires. it tries to clear up but then starts missing again. compression and timing are good, flushed fuel system and put in new fuel. also preformed top end cleaner service. after that was done i have a brown sticky oil looking substance leaking at front converter flange. any ideas im ready to take a match a hold of it.:eek:

2. Dec 19, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    99s have 2 coilpacks, one is like 1/3 other is 2/4. swap the 1/3 for the 2/4 and see if the misfire moves, if so, replace the bad coilpack. also check the MAF to make sure its within voltage spec, and or try cleaning it

Products Discussed in

To Top