1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Cylinder Oil Change

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by SSrUs, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Jan 16, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock

:D awesome!

2. Jan 16, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    Plain Jane Taco

Plain Jane Taco ALL human beings deserve equal treatment

Member:
    USA
    This works great. I just steal a qt. size Zip-Lock bag from the wifey. First I loosen the filter to the point where it's about to drip. Then I slip the bag over it...as far up as I can. I unscrew the filter a bit more and let it drain as I hold the bag on. After a minute or so I slowly unscrew the filter...still in the bag...and lower it down. If you're careful...not a drop will spill and no clean up is needed.

I've done 6 oil changes so far...and never a drop on the side of the block or garage floor. :thumbsup:

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    We've done like 5 this year in Auto tech and my Taco has by far been the easiest. The others were a Buick, My mom's MDX, a 350Z (lucky bastard), and the teachers Jetta.
    The Buick was pretty simple, filter was a little hard to reach. All the rest had that plastic crap underneath for aerodynamics that we had to pull off.

4. Jan 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    BobSaget916

BobSaget916 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab PreRunner 4-cyl MT
    Volant CAI Magnaflow Cat-Back HID's 6000k bi-xenon Fog Light Kit mod w/6000k HID's Tinted Tail Lights Kicker CVR 10'' Sub in Super Crew Sound Sub Box Alpine MRP-350 Monoblock Amp Pioneer Premier Head Unit JL 6x9's up front 6.5's in the back Tweets up front Mud Flap Delete 5 over 20% Tint in the back, 20% on the front, 35% on the WS EGR In-Channel Wind Guards Coming Soon -Doug Thorley Headers -Color-Matched Front and Rear Bumpers, Overfenders, Mirrors, Door handles, and Grille -Billet Grille or Mesh Grille -Bilstien 5100's front and rear -OME Coilover Springs -Rear Add-a-Leaf -33's after suspension work is done -TRD Skidplate
    Try a K&N oil filter, it has a 1" nut on the bottom so you can use a socket to take off the filter, this way you can just put down some rags to catch the oil and your arm doesnt get full of oil.

Products Discussed in

To Top