1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Day Expo Trip ThroughLamartine Ghost Town

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Lumpskie, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Jul 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie [OP] Independent Thinker

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    I while back headed out for the Lamartine townsite. (sounded like a cool place to see) Here's a quick run down of our adventure.
    Day 1:
    By the time we started airing down at Cascade Creek, the sun was already going down. With no one around and low light, it made the trip seem more exciting!
    [​IMG]

Day 2:
    We got up early, had some breakfast and packed up our stuff to head to Lamartine.
    [​IMG]
    We arrived at the townsite around 10am and explored for a bit. The scenery was beautiful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that, we decided to pick out a camp spot, in case the area got busy during the day.
    [​IMG]
    Once we were settled, we headed out to the Lamartine mine, heading for the big tailing piles first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apparently, there are a number of structures still standing at the mine so we decided to go look for them. As we were doing that, I got distracted by what appeared to be an open shaft on a side road.
    [​IMG]
    I climbed to the mouth of the shaft.
    [​IMG]
    Then got in a little way.
    [​IMG]
    and just a little more.
    [​IMG]
    The ceiling and walls were looking pretty precarious, so I decided that was enough adventure for me.
    [​IMG]
    I climbed back out, and we headed back to camp to call it a day.
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 10, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    Lumpskie

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Here's day 3:
    We were going to head back up Saxon Mtn. trail, but it was too deep with snow, so we headed back the backside of the Cascade Creek loop.
    Here are some pics that I liked from that leg
    The trail started at above 10,000 feet, so there was a good mix of dense forest and open views. As the trail progressed the vistas gave way to streams and small water falls.
    [​IMG]
    The colors were cool on this deadwood
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cool views
    [​IMG]
    About a mile after the Saxon Mtn. trailhead (which we didn't take), we came across this cabin. It's in good shape!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that, we came to this water crossing and the water was just glowing in the morning light. I tried to capture it with my camera, but couldn't quite get it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jul 10, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    Lumpskie

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    So I was getting a couple pictures of some Aspen trees and such when I came across a place I call "Camp Deliverance".
    It looks like a small, active mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, a great trip!

4. Jul 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    96.5 FrankenTaco & 03 Stock dbl cab
    BFG KM2 33x12.5 tires, Wheelers Type B rims, Allpro 1.5'' Wheel spacers w/extended thread lug nuts 2 Alpine 10'' Type Xs 2 Kicker 6X9s 4 Sony 5 1/4s Pioneer 4100 HU Sway bar removed 4 Hella 500 HIDs Frankenstein Leaf packs 1'' lift shackles Eibach coils 5100s front 10'' 5150s rear BAMF BPV bracket Deckplate mod Elite Front bumper Magnaflow 14'' muffler Elite Off Road Rear bumper with Tire gate with jerry can and fold down table, BAMF sliders, Custom Homemade Bed, rack/roof rack, CVT Mt. Shasta Roof Top Tent, 20lb CO2 tank, BAMF diff skid custom front skid, GM CS144 140 amp alternator Blitzpro 21s HAWK side LEDs Blitzpro Custom made side mirror lights, LightForce 240 Blitz llights, Piaa 510 ION fogs, XRC8 Winch w/in cab controls,
    Looks like a good time!

5. Aug 9, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    Enjoyed the pics and travel log.

It doesn't take a lot, a few words, a couple of pictures a day to make a nice review of a trip like that.

Thanks for posting

To Top