4 runner rear coils

Discussion in '4Runners' started by lonniea, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Jan 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM
    lonniea

lonniea [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lonnie
    Monroe LA
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma dc sr5
    add a leaf and uninstalled for rebuild fabtech coilover set at 3 inch foglight mod keyless entry deckplate soon leer shell
    my old coils are shot and was wondering if i should go with the landcrusier 80 series or go with the ome coils for the rear suspension

2. Jan 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    Desertrunner

Desertrunner Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    SoCal and AZ
    Vehicle:
    '01 LT 4runner
    Total Chaos Long Travel; Fox 2.5 8" Coilovers w/ Eibach 1800.300.0600.DS coils; Sonoran Steel 1.2 Rear Kit; Glassworks Unlimited Fiberglass Front Fenders; 285/75/16 BFG KM2 on American Racing Chamber Teflon Wheels; Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack; DMZ Fab Custom Front Bumper
    I have LC coils and shock on the rear of my 4runner and love them. The ride is awesome on and off road. I have the Sonoran Steel 1.2A kit.
    They do give quite a bit of lift though. So you will want to make sure its the lift you want or find the right year LC coils that will give you the lift you need.

I'm not an expert on that though, as far as how many coil wraps on the springs and how much lift they give. Hopefully someone can chime in on that part of it.

I've never had OME coils, but I have heard they are good too.

3. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    Ripcord

Ripcord KM6PIM

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northglenn, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Spruce Mica 2013 TRD-OR
    LC coils give at least 4" of lift.

If that is too much take a look at the OME coils, the 890 is very similar and only gives 3".
    I have the 890's with Bilstein 5125 and love it.

4. Mar 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    CHAPLAIN

CHAPLAIN New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    socal
    Vehicle:
    lt FUNrunner
    Trail-Gear, BFGoodrich, Sway-A-Way, Total Chaos, Griffin, RaceCO USA, CBI, Currie, AEM, ARB, Baja Racks, Bassani, Fiberwerks, KC HiLiTEs, Lucas Oil, Tuffy Security
    I'm running ARB OME 891's and have had real good luck with them compaired to others that I've ran. I found that the 890's were too soft, and the 892's were too hard. 891's give you <= 3" of lift. One thing that you want to keep in mind with longer coils is there compression length. A long coil will bottom out before your bump-stop does in some cases. This will tear out the coil bucket and/or other carnage. Off course the opposite is true with a shorter coil; you loose travel because it will fall out of the bucket. [​IMG]

5. May 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    J0hnMata

J0hnMata Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    BHLM, bilstein 5100's, satoshi grillcraft grill, k&n cold air intake, tinted windows all around, interior map and dome light led's, hid fog lights and headlights, yellow fog light lenses, black lower valence.
    What year is your 4 runner

6. Jun 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    PooRunner

PooRunner Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    99T4R4WD
    OME set up all round, Camburg UCAs, kicked off running boards replacing them with mud flaps, and k&n air filter
    I have ome set up all round. i have 891s in the rear and i cant really complain. awesome ride but if your seating in the rear passengers seat.... lets just say itll feel like a horse kicked you in the balls.

Products Discussed in

To Top