1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Squadron Pros for Zone 1 and 2?

Discussion in 'Baja Designs' started by 01 dhrracer, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Sep 24, 2022 at 3:05 PM
    01 dhrracer

01 dhrracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palm Desert/Bermuda Dunes
    Vehicle:
    Still Shopping
    Would 4 Squadron Pros Amber Wide Cornering lens be overkill? Two would be mounted just inside frame in bumper pointed straight ahead and two would be mounted outside of frame in bumper angled out approx. 15-20 degrees. Then the plan would be an ONX6 30" light bar on top of bumper in the center. The ONX6 could be the dual control amber/clear driving combo or one of the other ONX6 options. Would it be better to have the two center mounted Squadrons be driving combo and the ONX6 be spot? Or should the bumper lights be S2's? Thinking of well balance coverage for Zones 1,2 and 3.

2. Sep 26, 2022 at 8:23 AM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    Hey 01 dhrracer, I would personally recommend the 4 squadron pros in the wide corner to fill in both zones 1 and 2. Biased on orientation you will cover a very wide span of the area in front of you and with a combination of that ONX6 light bar you will be covered with all 3 zones. Something to keep in mind regarding the dual control option that you mentioned. With those light bars you will need to run two separate wiring harnesses to utilize both of the two outer amber sections along with another harness for the center clear leds. This is a cool feature because it does allow you to run one of the other light bar sections depending on the situation you are in but may also be a bit of clutter depending on how you have everything wired in. I would also look at doing a driving combo option for the ONX6 light bar which will blend the the lighting patterns better with those wide corners due to those outer and inner wide corner lens patterns utilize in the driving combo. What bumper are you utilizing for this build and are you using a switch module unit like sPOD or Switchpros? Feel free to get back to me regarding this and we can dive a little deeper on this topic and get an order made up for you if you would like.
    Best,
    Brandon

3. Sep 26, 2022 at 9:54 AM
    01 dhrracer

01 dhrracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palm Desert/Bermuda Dunes
    Vehicle:
    Still Shopping
    Bumper will most likely be custom. I want to have everything that would go into/onto the bumper be on hand before designing bumper. I am leaning towards a SwitchPros for control. On the website the OnX6 Dual control in specs states High and Low. Does the amber and clear have a high and low function? Can the high and low be controlled from one switch on the SwitchPros? One switch for Amber, One switch for Clear. The 4 Squadron Pros would be on two switches so center ones could be if needed turned off when the amber section of the OnX6 is on. Both for power draw management and to prevent over saturation of zone 1. Just more flexibility of control. One thing I don't want to happen is too much light where that is all you see is the light and loose depth of field and details. Will you be at the OffRoad Expo this coming weekend? We can discuss further there.

4. Sep 26, 2022 at 10:32 AM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    So the dual control will only allows the two amber outer sections to high/low, the center clear will not have this function. If you are concerned about losing the depth of field with to much light I would recommend Sticking with more amber lights than clear. The amber will cut down on more of the shadows allowing you to read the terrain better than just using all clear. I will be at the Expo this weekend so feel free to come chat regarding this build.

01 dhrracer[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top