1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 wheel low is a pain in the ass!!???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by kevinS, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sep 6, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    kevinS

kevinS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    new jersy
    Vehicle:
    trd off road crew cab
    none
    anyone have an apinon on how to enter and exit 4 low and the rear lockers i feel like its a total crap shoot every time i use 4 low or both. eiter it gose in no prob but takes forever to come out or vice versa or it just dosent go in till i really dont need it lol.

anyone els having thies issues

2. Sep 7, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Kragen HID, 1 Cibie Halogen.
    Never a problem going into L4 (as long as you are in N Neutral and not P Park).

Engaging the Rear Locker is sometimes a repeated step affair... but usually between the 1st and third time I push the button it engages. I used the rear locker lots on my '01 and '05 Tacomas... but since the '10 has A-TRAC, the rear locker is not needed... so I only use it now for 'testing'.

3. Sep 7, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Read the manual. One thing it doesn't tell you to do is to be in 4wd high first. My truck goes into low range every time. To make locking the rear end easier turn the wheel side to side while locking.

4. Sep 7, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Mine goes into 4 lo all the time as well.

Sometimes it just takes 20 attempts.

To Top