1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$400 best audio option

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JBTuncc, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Nov 24, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    JBTuncc

JBTuncc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    I'm looking to do something with the audio in my truck and would like to keep the stock head unit b/c I don't want anyone to break my windows over a cd player. I'm trying to avoid opening a can of worms and causing rattles and more problems. I was thinking just replacing the door speakers or maybe a small sub. Seems like either way I may have to spend a small fortune on sound deadening.
    I'm looking for opinions on what you would do with $400 for a decent sounding setup. I listen to pretty much all types of music. I like bass but don't want the car beside me to hear it. Any help is appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    John

2. Nov 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM
    DaytonLax14

DaytonLax14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    98 extended cab TRD Off Road
    Fact: music sounds better when it is played at all frequencies. (which means it will sound better with a sub, some mids, and tweeters)

Although, it sounds like to me you don't need a subwoofer. Quality speakers are going to give you a decent amount of bass.

You would probably be happy with some nice components. And later down the road, you can always amp them.

Sounds like you don't need sound deadening. I personally don't use it in my truck, but I did in my other car.

3. Nov 24, 2009 at 6:59 AM
    JBTuncc

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    I was thinking components but I've heard adapters for our doors are sometimes a problem. I don't mind the stock setup, but I would like a cleaner sound and more bass. From past experience, if I add a small sub the bass will cover up the crappy sound of the stock speakers. Like I said, not looking for something too loud, just better sound.

4. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:04 AM
    DaytonLax14

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
  5. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:14 AM
    JBTuncc

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    I've had a lot of audio setups in different cars. I had an old kicker solo-baric 10", an infinity basslink, a mmats 10". The mmats was by far the one I liked the most but the basslink is more what I'm looking for right now. I like the simplicity of basslink and it gave me plenty of bass, but I don't think it'll fit behind my seats. I also think anything that I put back there may move around or cause rattles. I'm talking in circles on here and to myself. I have replaced speakers and caused more problems than I had before in the past. I also had American Bass components in my Subaru that were great but at higher volumes caused the door panel to rattle. I prefer stock over rattling...

6. Nov 24, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    DaytonLax14

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    You can always buy deadening to prevent rattling.

7. Nov 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM
    JBTuncc

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    Yeah. I'll probably end up doing some deadining if I do anything. I just need to find an amp component speaker setup that I like/can afford.

To Top