1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by commtrd, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jun 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
  2. Jun 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    iamjyoung

iamjyoung Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Braunfels
    Vehicle:
    Toy
    My ********* deal went awesome! My system kicks ASS! I have sent a few others to them and they have all come back happy!

I am thinking about going to their new ported box. hell i am going with it!

got this from tn: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302855
    Ok we have been working with Image Dynamics on this box. We had design assistance from Matt Borgardt on the entire box. This picture is the first go round. The final version has the subwoofer on the right hand side. The port stays in the same spot. With tis desgin you can still fold the seat down on the passenger side, but you can't fold down the seat on the driver side. The seat does go back in place.

It will come in three flavors based upon your music style.

The box pictured here is desgined to work with an IDQ12V3. Yes that is a FULL 12" subwoofer!!! not a shallow mount!http://www.*********.com/tn/ported12.jpg
    <br>http://www.*********.com/id/iDQ-10small.png
    The box pictured will satisfy about 95% of the folks. It hits VERY low (port tuned at 31Hz) and is very tight. You will need to fatmat your truck, cause this thing will make stuff rattle.

It will outperform just about all dual 10 inch subs (setups) that will fit behind the seat of a taco AND with less power. Yes, I am saying it will produce more sound, tt will provide a lower extension and provide that low frequency range that a sealed box can't deliver at lower volumes. Plus it will hit harder than two 10s at higher volume.

It is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

WE have a full write up coming up. Now that I am back in the saddle, we will be installing in this truck:

http://*********.com/pictures/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=464&g2_serialNumber=6

For those of you guys that don't know us. I have owned 2 Tacomas, 1 FJ Cruiser and a Tundra. I am not a shop that develops boxes for other vehicles only toyotas AND only Toyotas I have tested. We are a small shop, but we make the best stuff for your tacoma hands down. Our products are 3D modeled and CAD designed, CNC machined for ultra tight tolerance and we use only the finest materials. NONE of our stuff is from home depot or lowes. Our materials cost US more and produce better sound.

For example, we don't sell cheap MDF speaker baffles made in a garage, we use outdoor grade Extira. WE have to pay nearly 4 times the price of a sheet of cheap MDF. But our customers have ALWAYS mentioned the high quality products we offer. Plus in many cases our products cost less and offer more installation options. Most of the cheap copy cats offer 3/4 MDF. WE offer a full 1" thickness, this provides our customers with MORE speaker options. Not to mention better quality materials. Most folks opt for our ULTRA heavy dutry plastic mounts.

Thank you to the TNers that have supported our efforts!

BTW, this box was done 2 months ago!!! Just got back into a place where I can show you guys.

3. Jun 18, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    Ahhh... Rob posting vicariously.

Couldn't resist the slam on Marv. Seems like the same old high school attitude that goes hand in hand with the lack of personal responsibility that gets folks pissed off when their inquiries get blown offand go unanswered.
    You can have the greatest product but it can never overcome shitty customer service.

4. Jun 18, 2009 at 6:52 AM
    iamjyoung

iamjyoung Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Braunfels
    Vehicle:
    Toy
    dude what gives . . . I can't post about what I got in my taco
    three words: get a life

5. Jun 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    God I hate this subject.

Jimirich is posting in regard to robsatx, and I agree with his opinion. for that matter, and I don't think I'm overstepping myself, some of the moderators here share the opinion as well.
    Robsatx has a penchant for trying to belittle the competition and making claims that he can't back up or are simply false. He's masqueraded as a customer of *********, misleading people into believing he was not associated with them. He's battled forum admins and lost across the internet.
    His company is known for missing ship dates with no notice and not getting back with customers.
    However, those that do receive their product seem to be generally pleased. I have heard of one issue where the baffles required modification to properly fit the door.

The ********* product is not being brought into question, and no one is slamming your vehicle. It's the business practices.

Jimirich, though I agree with your opinions, please avoid posting in a way that will provoke others - take it down a notch. ;)

iamjyoung, I would ask that you brush this one off. I enjoy that you posted information on ********* and ID's new ventures (I didn't know that a 12" would fit other that a Rockford), but I would avoid re-posting stuff written directly by robsatx. Just post up the pics and comments written by YOU - I'll still listen to YOUR opinion!

6. Jun 19, 2009 at 1:36 AM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.

7. Jun 20, 2009 at 12:11 AM
    dreamnz

dreamnz Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Suspension: Camburg Spindles, Bilstein 5100s, Deaver Leafs, BFGs Audio: IDQ 10 in "Marv" box - Hybrid Audio L6 mid bass/ L4 mids / L1 ProSE tweets - RF Power / Arc Amps...BitOne.1 to control it all.
    My $.02. I've done business with both.

I got what I ordered from both Mr. Marv and *********. The responsiveness and professionalism simply is not there with *********. When I sent several specific questions to *********, I got 1/2 an answer to 1 question a few days later. Marv answered everything I asked and everything I forgot to ask, promptly.

********* has a good deal going and decent products (though I found higher attention to quality with Marv's stuff), but TT seems dead set on providing poor customer service. If he'd hire a curtious and knowledgable teenager to handle the public relations/customer service side of things, his business would benefit enough to offset the cost of the kid's paycheck quite easily.

Ordering from ********* was like ordering something from another country. You pay up and just watch the mail hoping it'll come, because they can't be bothered with providing shipping notifications or replying to the "where is my stuff emails".

I post this for the benefit of those who like me a few months ago, were trying to decide who/what to go with. This is just an honest review of my own experiences.

8. Jul 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    Terrawood

Terrawood New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Access TRD
    I have to agree with this. It's been well over a month since I ordered from ********* and the parcel is still not here. My system has bits and pieces from Parts Express, Crutchfield and *********......the first two vendors had parts to me within 4 days. I understand ********* is probably a small one person operation and processing/shipping is probably much more time consuming for them but a simple e-mail reply explaining that they are behind on orders is all it would have taken to keep me happy with them.

9. Jul 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    taco tunes is a joke.

10. Jul 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    I'd like to see a picture of this installed. I am biased to Marv, but if he couldn't fit it into the DC w/o modification necessary, I find it hard to believe it can be done.

11. Apr 10, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    gene1715

gene1715 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    curt
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Tacoma D-Cab
    Borla exhaust, TRD cold air intake, 3" Lift, Infinity Perfect sound, Hella Lighting,
    My initial Order took almost 3 weeks to recieve they offered me a refund for shipping to compensate me. I had them ship me to an alternate address because I had left on vacation and wanted to finish my install. Their communications was fast and responsive, I even received several texts to straighten things out.

I ordered 10" box, Amp board, wiring harness, Dash Kit, Front and Rear speaker mounts for my 2011 Tacoma double cab....the amp board dosn't fit unless you cut a slots out in the plastic or cut a curve out of the bottom corner of the board, the speaker box dosn't fit without removing the entire plastic panel behind the seat, and even after removing the plastic the subwoofer sits too low in the box and rubs on the back seat restrict the movement of the speaker... the speaker mounts were made of high quality plastic however the mounting holes weren't alligned right and I had to drill new ones, the included mounting hardware didn't match my doors and i ended up purchasing better screws at Lowes hardware... the palstic was too thick for the tweaters and pushed the grills of of my door out so I ended up shaving them down...About the only thing I liked about the boxes or amp board were the rhino lining protectiv coating sprayed onto the wood, it adds a nice look and protective coating

The double din Dash kit by Metra was good, however I think the Schotch mounting kit is a little high quality, I also purchased a stearing wheel adapter from Taco tunes and was sad to see their were no instructions included on how to install and utilize it on my system ended up going online to figure it out
    I actually received a phone call from ********* trying to help me figure things out on my tacoma but their recomendations to remove my rear plastic panels in order to make things fit defeats my desire to retain a factory look to my tacoma.

All and All I couldn't honestly recomend this company to anyone looking to upgrade their sounds system in the tacoma, if they made a few modifications to manufacturing their products and did a little research into how their products fit into their target Market they might have a great product.
    Ill add pictures later

To Top