1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Yeah, I can't do that. I'd never put it down. :oops:

2. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:05 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I've got this pair of Logitech headset that I use for my gaming pc and they are okay. Nothing like the sound of the ones I have hooked up to the PS4. The ones you got look a lot nicer than the Logitech set that I've got.

I've got the music turned off in Destiny since I listen to my own music while playing. I listened to it during the first playthrough but after that I turned it off. I play better in the crucible with my own mix of music.

3. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:07 PM
    .jake

.jake Well-Known Member

Member:
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Vehicle:
    0x07E1 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport
    2" Lift on 16x8 -12 SCS Ray 10's w/ 265/75 Wildpeaks
    I have to ask, when do you guys find time to play? I can't even find time to enjoy a good dump at this point. Between Mr. Mom duties (I work from home) and this time suck forum I'm tapped out.

4. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I'm retired

.jake likes this.
  5. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:15 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    It is a fun game no doubt but the issue I have with it at the moment is there is no difference in the rolls on the guns / armor. When they said there would be loot they really kind of lied. Yes there is loot but only a certain amount of loot with no difference in any of the rolls. I've got every weapon / armor piece in the game and maxed out on everything. Now the issue I have is Prestige Raid comes out today and there is nothing different in the rolls on the weapons / armor other than a different color. No power level increase either. So the hard cap remains 300 with 305 with all the mods.

The raid is fun but this was much better and longer IMO. (By the way you missed out on TTK and Wrath of the Machine)

6. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh, and the final boss fight in the new raid

7. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:44 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Your looks bad ass. I'll give these a try and if they are not super impressive I'll just return these new ones and get the ones you have. Simple as that.

8. Oct 18, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I'm single with no kids. I get to do what ever the hell I want to do, when I want to do it.

VE7OSR likes this.
  9. Oct 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    My kids are older now and only need me to pay bills, but I still don't play a lot, maybe 10 to 20 hours per week depending on the weather.

Rob, that looks like a nice set, especially if you might do PC gaming. Says only stereo on consoles, though. The Sony ones have simulated surround sound if the game supports it, forget what they call it, 3DSS or something.

10. Oct 18, 2017 at 3:16 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, I'm sick of dealing with that bullshit that happened last night. Hopefully these take care of that issue and I'll be happy. If your on tonight jump in so I can test it out. Britt same goes for you.

11. Oct 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    We're doing the Prestige Raid so I'll be in our group. If you're still on after we get done I'll join up with ya.

12. Oct 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    <deletes gamerz/addicts rant>

Anyone else sorry they loaded IOS 11? My cellphone battery used to easily go all day. Yesterday it went 8 hours.

13. Oct 18, 2017 at 7:03 PM
    Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    De
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 BBP Tacoma Limited

Haven't did it yet. Been trying to avoid it.

14. Oct 18, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    not a chance, 11 aint ready yet....

when my "IT" guy (Dad) says its good, i'll go, maybe. 76yrs old and has or has had a good portion of the Mac arsenal from the beginning, i tend to listen to what he says.

he'll update ONE device and run everything he can on it to flush it out. he's got the time.

15. Oct 18, 2017 at 8:42 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I ALWAYS wait for at least 2-3 weeks for them to make sure they get the kinks worked out before I ever load a new OS on my phone. I'll let others be the guinea pig.

16. Oct 19, 2017 at 4:32 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Apple does send preliminary releases out to the app development community to test and get feedback on, over the course of 2 months prior toublic release.

17. Oct 19, 2017 at 4:36 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I've thought about signing up for the beta but then thought better of it. Even after, there are almost always some bugs in the system that I'd rather others find and deal with before I do. It's kind of like a video game. No game launches without bugs. That is one reason there is almost always a "day one" patch.

18. Oct 19, 2017 at 4:46 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "Ben" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I had to quit for this reason also. Love it too much.

HomerTaco likes this.
  19. Oct 19, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    :annoyed:

Got home and was all excited to use my new head phones, figured it would be plug and play. Since I am not a great tech guy I printed out the instructions at work and brought them home. Went through the setup and nothing was as they said in them. Pulled up youtube video's, I went through fucking 10 of them and none helped!!
    After a motherfucking hour with no luck I gave up.

FUCK!!!

20. Oct 19, 2017 at 7:54 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    I don't buy anything from hipster jackasses in turtlenecks. I live with mediocre.
    I saw you on when I logged in but then you disappeared. Save yourself some grief, go by Walmart and grab an $87 pair of Sony Golds, or Platinum for a bit more. They just work and are pretty comfy to boot.

Products Discussed in

To Top