1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Apr 4, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    sweet.

my britfarticus purchase shows up today. Pretty damn good for ground shipping. It went out on monday and arrives today.

medic2230 likes this.
  2. Apr 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    I ordered on Sunday from Toyota of Dallas, it shipped Monday and showed up yesterday. Tracking said it would be today, so kind of a surprise. Cold but sunny today, might pop it on when I get home from work. Oh, and I grabbed the TRD oil cap as well for the extra 5 HP.

DubfromGA likes this.
  3. Apr 4, 2018 at 8:48 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Will that work on the Camry? :)

4. Apr 4, 2018 at 11:50 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    I think on the Camry it adds 5.72 HP due to the more aggressive tune.

DubfromGA and RearViewMirror like this.
  5. Apr 4, 2018 at 12:42 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I have a TRD 710 cap too. :anonymous:

6. Apr 4, 2018 at 3:44 PM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:

These are some quality speakers. Every thing looks great and I have a few ideas for the box. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend.

DubfromGA, DoorDing, wilcam47 and 2 others like this.
  7. Apr 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :popcorn:

8. Apr 4, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Can't wait for the finished product!

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. Apr 4, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    A year or so ago I bought the movie Dances with Wolves for my daughter to watch. She loves history (especially Native American history) and for some reason that movie struck a chord with her. Granted it was a pretty accurate portrayal of the Native American side of history and not many movies (if any) took it as far as Dances with Wolves. It wasn't completely 100% accurate but it was as accurate as possible. It was one of my favorite movies growing up and it is by far her favorite movie to date. Granted she still hasn't seen the other really good movies out there due to her age but she will in due time.

She is an expert on the movie and can name every actor that starred in the movie, even sub actors (by their original name) and the history of how the movie was made. The other night we were waiting to be seated for Ready Player One and we started talking about Dances with Wolves and her knowledge of the film and screenplay astounded me. She also told me there was a sequel to the book written by Michael Blake called The Holy Road and it delved into what happend after the original movie / novel. So I ordered her the hardback version and she has read it non stop since it came in. In fact she's sitting on the couch right now with Bear cuddled up beside her reading the book (and it's a looonnnggg book).

I only buy books. There is just something about holding a book in your hand rather than a tablet or listening to it on Audible. I much prefer the feeling of an actual book in my hand. Apparently so does she.

It's really hard to pin down a favorite scene in the movie but I really like these.

The heartbreak in his voice is palatable

10. Apr 4, 2018 at 6:10 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    I'm the same way - Bon has a kindle and I just can't dig into any literature on that type of device.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  11. Apr 4, 2018 at 8:09 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My wife has a Kindle and I just don't like it personally. Hopefully in the future books will always be available.

12. Apr 4, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    :fingerscrossed:

RearViewMirror likes this.
  13. Apr 5, 2018 at 4:42 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    My oldest and I both prefer real books, although I think she will be leaning toward electronic textbooks more when available. Lugging that backpack around campus is probably getting old. They are not much cheaper, unfortunately.

That said, I usually buy the Kindle versions these days for similar reasons. When traveling, it weighs a lot less and takes up less space than a couple of real books, and I have a traveling book shop if I want to look for something new. I really didn't like it at first, but I have gotten used to it. The Kindle is a nice device for really cheap, too.

That is a cool project. I'd like to figure out a way to get Google to stream music to something like that for the living room.

My stuff went on yesterday, easy peasy. Got to use my new tiny torque wrench, too, that thing is nice! If you need a small one that works both right and left-handed, I highly recommend it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M12284X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Before:
    [​IMG]20180404_163045 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

After:
    [​IMG]20180404_172123 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

Haven't driven it yet, so verdict is not in on performance differences. Didn't seem much different sitting in the driveway.

14. Apr 5, 2018 at 7:57 AM
    Bastek

Bastek Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seb
    SI NY
    Vehicle:
    '17 OR MGM
    Some stickers, plastidip and radio knobs
    Books... Last couple of years, for the most part, I handle children books... Lol

TRD intake looks good. Now to complete the look you could try to stick on some engine cover decals by rrentrop

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Viny...2613260206?_trksid=p2056016.l4276&_mwBanner=1

Just watch out for the "4", lol

Decal Install Attempt Fail

15. Apr 5, 2018 at 8:02 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
  16. Apr 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner Smashed Ass Edition
    OME, 285 KO2’s, Fridge, Compressor, Rack, Lights, Switches, Dorkel
    Maybe they are still choking on a tide pod with a condom stuck in their nasal cavity...and these people drive amongst us.

Bastek likes this.
  17. Apr 5, 2018 at 11:18 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    So my 20 year old daughter needs to take her driving test. She's only driven on the highway 2 times, and never parallel parked. So I was telling her she was not ready and would fail the driving test. My wife has been asking around, and they apparently don't do that anymore (or maybe never did in AR). Basically they make sure you have basic vehicle knowledge, know how to operate the vehicle (lights, turn signals, wipers) and just do a short drive around town, maybe through a neighborhood. No getting on the highway, no parallel parking. WTF. No surprise they can't figure out a number 4.

sandjunkie and DoorDing like this.
  18. Apr 5, 2018 at 11:34 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Hmm, "borrowing" some cones . . .

19. Apr 5, 2018 at 11:53 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Well, legally of course. I might order some from Walmart since I get an employee discount, lol. I'll need tall ones with a hole that you can stick a rake in or something so you can see it for parallel parking. We live at the back of a neighborhood on a cul-de-sac with only one other house, so plenty of room to set up for practice. Only people that are lost drive back this far.

DoorDing likes this.
  20. Apr 5, 2018 at 12:23 PM
    Navelfunk

Navelfunk Fair is fair.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    Cap, rims & tires, stereo...
    Because I said I would post them, here's a pair that love my rosemary. The bees can't get enough, either...IMG_2726.jpg IMG_2729.jpg

jubei, wilcam47, Hardscrabble and 3 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top