1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Apr 12, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    That blows my mind. There may be a story soon about an SV turd that was actually using a deceased members DD-214 to get free medical - and maybe other as well - benefits out of the VA in St. Louis. I was in the waiting room while a friend a I had dropped off was in for his appointment and this guy was getting hauled out by the police. No sympathy for that behavior from me. I'd love to meet someone playing the whole seal/recon/special forces/space shuttle door gunner thing and hope that I could have the wherewithall to keep it together to see how far down into their own rabbit hole they really are.

Anyone thats been around past and present G.I.'s knows that we all do the whole "what are/were you" butt sniffing process. What branch, unit, MOS, years and all the other crap are questions that easily helps us figure out who we are talking to. It takes very little time to suss out the bulk of the bullshitters but it is cool to find someone that did their "runnin' and jumpin'" in the same places that you did.

jubei, medic2230 and DoorDing like this.
  2. Apr 12, 2018 at 5:10 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I'm about 10' from the xbox so I'm thinking I may go wireless this time. I've been attached to the controller for 2 years and that's even been aggravating at times. I like that it has all the controls right there on the headset also so you don;lt have to go into the xbox menu to adjust chat to game audio settings. My last set had it on the adapter that went on the controller. I can hook these up through the optical connection. Any experience with the wireless? As far as lag or sound drops?

3. Apr 12, 2018 at 5:15 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner Smashed Ass Edition
    OME, 285 KO2’s, Fridge, Compressor, Rack, Lights, Switches, Dorkel
    I’m kind of surprised but not really at how many people just join to sell their stuff. On a good day it’s 3, maybe 5 reported posts. Other days we can’t keep up. It’s a lot of “I don’t have the necessary posts or time here but I want to pass on the deal...local pick up only”

98tacoma27, DoorDing and G.T. like this.
  4. Apr 12, 2018 at 6:06 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
    seems to be the same here...

I didnt know they had a sequel.

5. Apr 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM
    Wadar

Wadar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD Xcab
    A few.
    I sympathize with your situation, I pulled a similar move when I was that age. Reminds me of Mark Twain’s quote: “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. I didn’t follow the plan my parents had for me, and did some dumb things to spite them. Retrospectively it would have been easier for me in many instances to heed their advice, but I had to learn these lessons for myself. She can still get into a community college with a GED, and work her way up with some tenacity. One of the best things my parents ever did for me was to let me fail. I’m sure it wasn’t easy to watch me take my lumps, but ultimately I learned some valuable lessons. Sure it may make the next few steps more challenging, but it’s not the end of the road by any means.

jubei, robssol and wilcam47 like this.
  6. Apr 12, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
    I totally agree and get it. I too was hard headed, still am in many ways(my wife says);) Just seems like at this point it would be easier to stick it out the last 2 ish months and graduate. GED isnt easy to pass, at least thats what I heard. I know its not the end of the road but she doesnt have a lot of motivation, so we will see how this pans out.

7. Apr 12, 2018 at 7:12 PM
    captainh00k

captainh00k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB
    When I graduated (barely) high school my parents said there is no point in going to college if I’m not going to be committed to it. So I didn’t go. Worked full time and paid rent while I was still home. It made sense at the time, but I’m not sure if they were more demanding if it would’ve had a different outcome.

My oldest (21) is slowly finding her way through college now. 2 years at community college. Last fall transferred to another school and made it one semester before moving back home. Now she’s back at cc taking a few classes and is planning to attend a different school in the fall. 5 year plan.... It’s tough not to “tell” her what she needs to do in life, but she’s got live her life. We just try and help her stay on a good path. Luckily she has a good head on her shoulders.

8. Apr 12, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I don't have any experience with wireless headphones. Since my office / game room is set up to where I'm close to everything I never felt the need to buy a set. I don't imagine there is any sound loss as a buddy of mine uses the exact same headphones (except wireless) and he says they sound perfect. It's just the recharging that would get on my nerves. I never even unplug my controller from the PS4 so I never have to worry about it going dead.

I didn't either? About a year ago I bought the extended version of Dances With Wolves and she fell in love with it. It is over 4 hrs long and she sat and watched every min of it. She has watched it multiple times and can name everything about the movie. She is now studying Native American Culture which I think is great. She told me that Michael Blake wrote a sequel to the book and sure enough he did. She comes home every afternoon and reads it for a few hours. The hardback version of The Holy Road was $25 but the hardback version of the original version of Dances With Wolves is $75 since it is out of print. I'm going to go on and buy it for her because it delves much more in depth than the movie could.

wilcam47 and HomerTaco like this.
  9. Apr 12, 2018 at 8:05 PM
    Wadar

Wadar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD Xcab
    A few.
    Your absolutely correct sticking with it for 2 more months would make all the difference. At that age two months is a lot longer period of time than it is for those of us in this thread. Regardless of what happens I hope for the best for you and yours.

wilcam47 likes this.
  10. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:31 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    It's Friday.... Lets wake up easy. Mike Dawes is an amazing guitarist.

11. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:35 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck

I woke up to Eminem. :anonymous:

RearViewMirror likes this.
  12. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:37 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Not exactly what I'd call easy but should get you out of bed pretty fast lol.

medic2230 likes this.
  13. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:38 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Can't like that. That sucks.

14. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:45 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    Well you know how our type is. We're just used to 0-100 in a few seconds. lol

Sammie and RearViewMirror like this.
  15. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    My wife was puking last night if it's any consolation.

16. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:49 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Used to be... Funny thing... I've just now settled into retirement. It's taken a while to adjust to retirement (and I think it will probably be the same for you). For the first 6 months I really didn't know what to do with myself but now I "realize" I'm retired and no longer have any responsibilities other than just doing what I want too.

medic2230 likes this.
  17. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:52 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB

She worked in the ER the other night after not working down there in a few years. I told her you've been working around healthy patients in post OP. You got to get that immune system built back up before you head into the hell hole. Haha

Sammie and DoorDing like this.
  18. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:54 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Bear will eat any food you put in front of him. Carrots, Broccoli, chips, yogurt, dog food, cat food, sticks, bark, trees, it doesn't matter. So far he hasn't thrown up. Crazy dog.

19. Apr 13, 2018 at 5:56 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    We switched ours over from Science Diet to Blue Buffalo. Those jokers love that shit. Got to where we have to quit free feeding them because their little asses will just go eat the bowl till it's gone.

DoorDing likes this.
  20. Apr 13, 2018 at 6:17 AM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Bread- I want to make it with you. Bride isn’t as subtle as she imagines.

wdb likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top