1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2018 at 8:16 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    :oldglory:Good for him!Very long career!Congrats where ever he is!

2. Apr 15, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    THIS is why i went to laser jet , it doesn't do color, i/we don't really need color, and the cartridge does not dry out.
    After multiple printers drying out and coming useless it made the most sense.

With my wife and daughter printing randomness at will, we've gone thru the original (starter) cartridge and regular capacity cartridge, now on high capacity in the fourth year and so far so good.

Brother HL-L2360D , i'm sure there are greater and better, it works when needed, no streaks, no lines or missing text.

one thing i found after tearing apart the last inkjet printer to possibly save it, there is a HUGE wad of TAMPAX type absorbent in a container on the park side of the print carriage. guess where a considerable amount of your ink ends up ? in the 2 years we had the Epson Workforce we went thru 3 sets of ink cartridges, the absorbent was almost half colored. i wasn't to impressed by that wasted ink and $$ only to have the damn thing dry up and stop printing in such a short time.

G.T. and DoorDing like this.
  3. Apr 15, 2018 at 11:42 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    This is one of the reasons I have Cat 5e running all over the place in the house. I had walls opened up a few years back and just went nuts.
    Wow, that really changes the value proposition.
    True that. But with that kind of capacity, replacing a printhead might make economic sense. I priced them for this latest printer problem, about $95 in my case. And pretty easy to replace too.

DoorDing likes this.
  4. Apr 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Pony up for a laser jet and quite paying the ransom prices for ink cartridges.

VE7OSR and Blkvoodoo like this.
  5. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:02 AM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    TVs for the man cave showed up yesterday. Wife was a bit salty. :boink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:10 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Lol... My wife has given up on being salty since there are almost always multiple Amazon boxes sitting at the door each day. That said... she was pretty salty a couple of years ago when I spent a little over three grand on a drone right at Christmas time. I think it was the sentence "Ummm... don't spend too much this month" that might have triggered her saltiness. "It's FUCKING Christmas time you dick. We have presents to buy" I think were her exact words. Probably didn't help when I said "Mine just came in today :)"

7. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:14 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck

You find a deal on that 82”?

RearViewMirror likes this.
  8. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:14 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I see another wife that's about to be salty lol.

wilcam47, sandjunkie and medic2230 like this.
  9. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:16 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Was thinking about a 80” and a New 4K Xbox. :anonymous:

Xbox is like my camera. They’re both black and say the same thing on them. She hasn’t noticed the camera is about 40% bigger than the last one yet. Lol

10. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    I sold my new patches last night. She said how much will you make selling all them? Told her and she’s already coming up with some way to spend it. Fucker.

Told her nope. This is getting reinvested for more patches. But I’ll grab little man some new clothes with part of it.

sandjunkie and RearViewMirror like this.
  11. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:23 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Lol that's awesome.

The new Xbox 1 is a damn nice machine. I know the PS4 Pro in 4k looks amazing and the new Xbox has more power than the Pro at the moment. Rumor is the PS5 might be coming out next year so hopefully you'll consider buying a Playstation so we can play together.

As far as the TV's go I'm interested as well. I don't need any new TV's but my daughters TV is the only TV in the house that's 4k if you can believe that? But if I buy new TV's then I'll have to buy four new Apple TV's also since they support 4k and the ones I have now are capped at 1080p. Hmmm.... now that I think about it... it might be time for me to shop methinks :)

medic2230 likes this.
  12. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:26 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    On a side note... I really dig the hardwood floors in your house. Like the color :thumbsup:

13. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:28 AM
    sandjunkie

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    So So. Costco model closeout. $2900. New models are coming and will likely be >$4k

medic2230 likes this.
  14. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:32 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    That's a pretty good price for that size Samsung TV. I've got a 34" Samsung 4K ultrawide curved monitor that I use for my PS4 and the picture quality is amazing. I sit about 3 to 4 feet away and it takes up my entire field of vision.

sandjunkie likes this.
  15. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:32 AM
    sandjunkie

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    It's ok. She got new blinds yesterday. :bananadead: Spending money like its on fire :spending:

16. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh GODDAMNIT!!! I didn't know I needed new blinds also. Fucker ;)

17. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    100% not stock... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I’ve got a Sony Bravia 42” that I bought like 9 years ago. It’s the only TV we have. (My daughter has one in her room with Apple TV on it but no cable)
    I just don’t watch enough to be bothered. Currently I DVR Family Guy and Timeless. Sometimes watch this is us and the Goldbergs with the wife.
    Occasionally the late news.
    That’s it.

robssol likes this.
  18. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    sandjunkie

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    Not too bad of a price. It was about $5k for all three TVs with warranty plans delivered to my house. Can't wait to get it setup in the next few days. Baseball/Hockey/ and PS4 all at the same time. LOL

Hardscrabble and medic2230 like this.
  19. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:46 AM
    sandjunkie

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    LOL. Still spending. We are getting this house all dialed in the way we want it and then hopefully it will stay that way for a while. Wife has been buying furniture like crazy. We have had our old furniture for years and bought it all on a shoestring budget. Now that the boys are mostly gone from here on out to college, my wife wanted to decorate.

New patio furniture came on Sunday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dining Table last week. Shit keeps coming.
    [​IMG]

20. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    sandjunkie

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    The boys and I don't watch much outside of sports. My wife watches HGTV

Products Discussed in

To Top