1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    That's exactly what my daughter has hanging on the wall in her room. She actually has the nicest TV in the house but rarely watches it and is usually laid up in our bed or on the couch in the living room because it's hooked up to my sound system with Klipsch speakers and a 12" Klipsch sub that rattles the entire house.

I'm like you though. I very rarely watch TV at all. I have been watching The Walking Dead with my daughter since she got hooked on it. I never watched it before my daughter got me hooked on it. The last series I can remember watching was Banshee but I binged watched the entire series in about a week. I spend most of my time on Youtube since my attention span is apparently very short lol.

That's not bad at all for 3 TV's with one being 80+".

sandjunkie likes this.
  2. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:53 AM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    Easy to get hooked on Walking Dead at first but then it got too repetitive for me. Now the office or parks and rec, I could watch over and over again.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  3. Apr 17, 2018 at 7:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I like that table. Looks heavy as hell.

We are at the point that I would love to buy a new couch, bed, kitchen table, etc... but it's kind of hard to justify buying any new furniture right now since we will be putting the house on the market in less than 4 years. I'm not taking anything with us to Colorado when we move other than a few electronics and cloths. We'll do what you're doing right now once we move out there.

sandjunkie likes this.
  4. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:05 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I can see it getting repetitive after a while. I think I'm on season 5 right now but there are only so many directions that the series could go and it will get old I think. That happened with Dexter for me. I loved the first 2 - 3 seasons but after he got a conscious it got old.

Banshee never got old to me (partly because I finished the entire series in a week lol). But I really liked how they ended the series and didn't drag it out until the storyline became too thin. I did the same thing with the first season of True Detective. That is one of the best series I've seen in a long time. I suppose I didn't really realize just how good Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey were as actors and the writing was top notch. I tried to watch the second season and it didn't even compare to season 1. Right now (besides The Walking Dead) the only show I watch with any regularity is Billions on Showtime. Really good show if you have a chance to check it out.

5. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:08 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Im taking a break from WD...

6. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:09 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    How many seasons are there in The Walking Dead? I only watch it when my daughter wants to watch it.

*EDIT* I suppose I could look it up but I'm lazy :rolleyes:

7. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:10 AM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    they are on season 8 right now...

8. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:11 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    So I've got a lot more to watch then. Didn't realize there were that many seasons.

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:15 AM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    yeah while I did like the story line, its become a series of bad decisions by Rick. Its like when you are down to the last 1/4 cup of milk and you decide to add water to it to stretch it out...seems like a good idea at the time but really not a good outcome..

10. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:18 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Lol... I like that analogy. :thumbsup:

wilcam47 likes this.
  11. Apr 17, 2018 at 8:30 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Absolutely spoiled rotten. He's got me trained well :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

12. Apr 17, 2018 at 2:42 PM
    Sammie

Sammie >.<

Member:
    First Name:
    De Anna
    NC
    Vehicle:
    BBP... best color ever
    Saw my first hummingbird today :yes:

wilcam47, medic2230 and robssol like this.
  13. Apr 17, 2018 at 3:55 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck

Need to get one of the fancy screen remotes where you can set them to different modes. Morning, afternoon, theater mode, etc.

I rarely open the blinds though so it'd be a waste for me. But cool to show off when someone came over. lol

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    sandjunkie likes this.
  14. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    We actually don't watch much tv. Every once in a while we will but it mainly gets used for me playing on the xbox. I play on a 60". Little man would rather be outside or playing on his iPad than watching tv. Me and him used to watch How it's Made all the time. With the latest 4k update in Division you can actually see the difference on a 1080p tv and the xb1. Graphics have been cleans up and it's not so dark anymore. I can only imagine when Division 2 comes out with HDR too which I'm sure they will do. If you haven't played again there are new gear sets which are classified. Rumor has it you need to get all the sets collected so if you move to Division 2 you'll have the gear you need to play it. Apparently the standard gear will be obsolete in the new game.

Oh and for the price I paid for that headset you recommended I could have bought a PS4. Haha I thought about that as I was walking out of the store with it. That Astro A50 set is awesome compared to the Polk Audio's I was using. Really loving the 7.1 surround for footsteps and NPC's talking in the game. Not to mention the gunfire direction sensing. Plus I like being able to use them with the laptop too.

I've got the Roku 4 with the 4k in it already. Along with a Android tv box, cable box and the xbox all sitting on the tv stand. I'm wanting to build a builtin cabinet along the wall the tv sits on and clean that clutter of boxes up. Then mount the tv on the wall too. I figure that will look better than having the tv stand and a stereo rack next to it that holds pictures only now. Figure I can build the cabinet to hold the Bose 301's on each end to hide them too. Might have to get creative with it though since the speakers in them are angled in different directions. May need to have speaker cloth on the sides of the cabinet also for that.

15. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    No doubt the headphones are expensive but damn they sound good. I've got my Mac plugged into the mixer so I can listen to all my music on iTunes while I'm playing Destiny. When you're not playing the game, try just listening to some of your favorite music with them. They sound unreal and the bass they produce is amazing.

medic2230 likes this.
  16. Apr 17, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    I’ll use them at work watching YouTube and love them. Watching game videos it even sounds like you’re in the game with them. Haha.

17. Apr 17, 2018 at 5:55 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    Nice! I think its too cold here but I'll keep a watch out for them. They should be here anytime!

Sammie likes this.
  18. Apr 17, 2018 at 5:59 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    I hate when teenagers open their mouths anymore....this neighbor kid (17)says today "my mom says its ok for me to buy a house now". dumbass kid cant even afford a car, much less a house...then expects people to believe him.:confused: nor would he even have a good credit score to get a house...all I wanted to do was smack him:smack:

19. Apr 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    haha!
    yeah, I dont believe anything that comes out of these peoples mouths...I always seem to run into these idiots that are so full of their bs they think its real.

I should have said Im tired from flying my apache helicopter around for the day and need to sell it because it uses too much gas. LOL

DoorDing likes this.
  20. Apr 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    Best sentence/story/lie I ever heard from a guy when I was active duty and he was dead serious. "my dad landed the concord on an aircraft carrier". We all looked at him and said STFU!!!!!

DoorDing likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top