1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. May 2, 2018 at 10:38 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    How are you dealing with changing the channel for each TV individually? are they all running feeds from different systems and they are more or less just a monitor?

2. May 2, 2018 at 11:24 AM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    Haven't figured out the remote and HDMI matrix switching yet. For now the main tv has a playstation hooked up to it and the two top TVs are running Fire TV boxes. The TV remotes connect to each TV via bluetooth so no cross talk. The Amazon Fire TV remotes are box specific. I will be putting a cabinet in the closet for all of this and then have a 4x4 HDMI matrix switcher to move inputs around. We'll see what else I need after that.

medic2230 likes this.
  3. May 2, 2018 at 11:52 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    I must be old. The only place I've managed to make use of multiple monitors is on my work computer.

wilcam47 likes this.
  4. May 2, 2018 at 12:00 PM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    or did he find a way to pseudo-weaponize them to do his fishing for him?

5. May 2, 2018 at 12:05 PM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i like the bluetooth connection. Much better than IR.

6. May 2, 2018 at 1:08 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco Official TW Grill Guy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Very well written. I feel exactly the same - my daughter is also 13. Fortunately she still thinks boys are yucky.

RearViewMirror and Biscuits like this.
  7. May 2, 2018 at 1:43 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Shasta, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, Warn Hidden Winch Bumper and winch
    My daughters have been the best part of my life (so far, anyway). Lucky to have good ones, but I've never written something so eloquent. Best I've been able to do is listen patiently and give/get a hug when I can. Maybe I should take some cues from Britt.

My college sophomore has a graduation requirement under communications or something to shadow a leader (in her chosen field, if possible, which happens to be the same as me). I got my boss to agree to it (he was actually excited and really into it, which is cool), and she got to sit in on an operations review. She handled herself so well, with such confidence and respect. I couldn't have been prouder, teared up with pride a little when she introduced herself at the beginning of the meeting and explained why she was there.

And she provided honest feedback on the review to my boss, which was not totally positive, then freaked out because she told the truth. I told her that was the best thing she could have done, and don't worry about it -- my boss actually had the same opinion and was laughing about it.

8. May 2, 2018 at 3:49 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Mine has had one boyfriend. I guess you could call him that even though they never hung out with each other. It lasted about a month and it was over. She hasn't shown much interest in boys (yet). But she thinks Rodney A. Grant (the man who played Wind in his Hair in Dances with Wolves) is sexy (her words lol). To be honest... I just wish I had his hair lol.

A while back I showed my daughter the extended version of Dances With Wolves and I wasn't really sure that she would sit though a 4 hour movie but she became obsessed with anything Dances With Wolves. I can't tell you how many times she's watched that movie. She can name every single actor in that stared in that movie. We were talking one day about a month ago and she told me that they wrote a sequel to the movie called The Holy Road so I bought the hardback version for her. She read it in less than a month and it is a long book. I told her (although I've never read it) that it can't have a happy ending. She finished it the other day and sure enough, it didn't. But she still loved it and told me all about each character and what their fate was. She asked if I would buy her a copy of Dances With Wolves and I was lucky enough to find a first edition hardback so it will be here tomorrow. I've read it and it's a really good book. Dances With Wolves was one of my favorite movies when I was growing up and that hasn't changed. I've glad she enjoyed it and got to see a different side of history than what most of us were taught.

Biscuits and HomerTaco like this.
  9. May 2, 2018 at 3:53 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I’m hoping she thinks it until she’s 21. :laughing:

Realistically, I’m just hoping she inherits her mother’s libido and not mine. :oops:

RearViewMirror likes this.
  10. May 2, 2018 at 3:55 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    On an unrelated topic: got the cortisone shot today... :fingerscrossed:

medic2230, sandjunkie and DoorDing like this.
  11. May 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Hahahaha. Right?

It's funny you mention that. When I was younger I wished that they would have made a pill that would make me not want or think about sex every 3 mins. Imagine all the shit I could have gotten done if that wasn't always on my mind. Well... I figured out what changes that. Getting older. Don't get me wrong... I still want it, I just don't think about it every waking moment of the day lol. Hell... sometimes my wife asks me "are we going to do something tonight????" lol.

Biscuits likes this.
  12. May 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    :cool:

13. May 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Fuck... I hate those shots. I have to get them in my knee about once a year.

14. May 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM
    loosnut

loosnut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jerry
    feasterville pa
    Vehicle:
    06 dbl cab long bed
    ome 2.5lift leer cap

HomerTaco likes this.
  15. May 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
  16. May 3, 2018 at 9:12 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    So, I enjoy reading but there is not much out there I find I enjoy reading. Well, aside from technical shit on forums. Then, I come across a book at work. It’s called “The Hidden Brain” and it was in one of our leadership libraries. Now, immediately I’m thinking “Joy, more leadership BS to shove down our throats...”. I think I might be wrong on this one. I just started it and I plan on reading a chapter or two a day at lunch. So far, it’s got my attention and if you have a chance to read it, I would recommend it.

Here’s a taster on what it’s generally about.

List of chapters.
    97117693-7FAE-4BF4-8F2B-45380693D711.jpg

17. May 3, 2018 at 9:21 AM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    HomerTaco likes this.
  18. May 3, 2018 at 9:31 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Is this the book which you are referring too? Sounds pretty interesting. One of my favorite pastimes is reading. If so... I might have to check it out.

19. May 3, 2018 at 9:47 AM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Yes, that’s the one. You can probably find it at the library.

20. May 3, 2018 at 9:47 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top