1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jul 15, 2018 at 3:45 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    Studmuffin?

Matic [OP], DoorDing and robssol like this.
  2. Jul 15, 2018 at 4:28 AM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    oh, let’s be real, first it’s gonna be “aweeee” then “you lil shit” followed by “dammit dog!!” then. “ you little shit monster”
    what it says on the tag is irrelevant for the first year or so

robssol, DoorDing and Sammie like this.
  3. Jul 15, 2018 at 4:45 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Shasta, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, Warn Hidden Winch Bumper and winch
    Steve.

ThomasMore66 likes this.
  4. Jul 15, 2018 at 7:39 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I got to name our dog when my wife brought him home last year. I've never wanted a dog (or cat for that matter). But she went out and got him anyway. I just don't like animals living in the house. I didn't want Sam (got to name him too) either. But, as it usually goes down with me, I end up liking them and I think my wife knew that was what was going to happen. It was a rough start with Bear and the puppy stage. He wasn't hard to housebreak at all but he was just so hyper. He's calmed down a lot and now he'll just bring me his ball when he wants to play. He's damn smart too and has been easily trainable. I like taking him on walks around the neighborhood each evening since he really seems to enjoy that and he's kind of become the neighborhood pet. Everyone loves him since he loves everyone else. I wasn't very happy at the time but I'm glad that we rescued him now. He's become part of the family.

5. Jul 15, 2018 at 9:12 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Understand that. My wife has a soft heart when it comes to animals. She always wanted a dog and I've never wanted one. We got lucky with Bear. He doesn't shed and his temperament is very gentle. He just wants to play. He's never met a stranger and everyone loves him around our neighborhood. Kind of like I mentioned before. He'll walk next to us and look up and it's like he's asking "can I go see them please?" The older gentleman that lives down the block from us I think really looks forward to him coming each evening. They play with each other and he's just a really nice / friendly guy that really seems to love Bear. So yeah... he's the neighborhood dog lol.

medic2230 and DoorDing like this.
  6. Jul 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    We have a golden doodle. Awesome dog. Most athletic one we’ve ever had. We name ours after people we’ve known.

And she can lounge like no other...
    6E85235F-303F-4769-A613-D82216495059.jpg

DoorDing and robssol like this.
  7. Jul 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Medium. Weighs in at 50 lbs. Watches tv.

783F6848-10D9-4F0B-945E-55A02A5FB280.jpg

VE7OSR, DoorDing and Matic [OP] like this.
  8. Jul 15, 2018 at 12:13 PM
    Matic

Matic [OP] The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!

DoorDing likes this.
  9. Jul 15, 2018 at 12:23 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    RVM.
    Ive picked up a few guitars since ive been in last.

20180701_114205.jpg

SC2SC, MQQSE, RearViewMirror and 2 others like this.
  10. Jul 15, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    Damn Rich! How many do you need?:rofl:
    I count 18 with the hidden one and camouflaged one.:D Nice collection!:thumbsup:

Matic [OP] likes this.
  11. Jul 15, 2018 at 1:30 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    27 or so. Theres a few missing.
    A cream Kramer Baretta reissue and my latest find from last week. The Vh1 EVH.
    A few acoustics werent involved in that shoot. And an indo jem that I returned.

robssol likes this.
  12. Jul 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
  13. Jul 15, 2018 at 1:39 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    We ended up leaving Marble Canyon this morning and heading along SR89 to House Rock road then Winter Road (Forest Road 1025) towards Fredonia AZ.
    BB16F96C-30C3-4462-B895-DCE54B8905F4.jpg 31221611-544D-4DFE-90D4-C15180FE8052.jpg 6600CE07-1D90-463A-B773-72B88B670749.jpg

robu, VE7OSR, DoorDing and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jul 15, 2018 at 1:39 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    The Frankie and newly purchased VH1.

20180712_062859.jpg

medic2230 likes this.
  15. Jul 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I haven't picked up any of my guitars since January. I have no feeling in the left two fingers of my left hand so I can't tell where my fingers are landing on the fretboard because I can't feel the strings. Add to that my right elbow (the one I broke when I was 35) is giving me fits. I can barely bend my right arm to pick up anything without it hurting (even a fucking pick :rolleyes:). My wife broke her wrist a month or so ago and had to have an MRI and all the other things that go along with that so we are still getting bills coming in for her. Once the final bill comes in then I'll have to have my left hand operated on and I'm not really sure what they are going to do with my elbow?

Matic [OP] likes this.
  16. Jul 15, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    How did you do all of that? That’s horrible.

Matic [OP] likes this.
  17. Jul 15, 2018 at 8:29 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My elbow never fully healed from the bike crash that I had when I was 35. When we were in DC back in March I woke up one morning and it hurt like hell just to bend it. I thought I had slept on it wrong. Hurt the entire time we were on the trip and has hurt every since and it's only getting worse. My left hand has a bone spur that is pushing on a nerve that connects my left ring and pinky finger and I can't feel them at all right now. In January I bought my latest guitar and noticed there was numbness in my fingers but I didn't give a lot of thought about it. Then when I stopped feeling anything I went to the Dr. Went to an orthopedic surgeon and I'm going to have to have it opened up and the bone spur taken out to get the pressure off my nerve to get the feeling back in my fingers. It sucks since I haven't picked up any of my guitars since January.

18. Jul 15, 2018 at 10:47 PM
    Matic

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    Dang, that's terrible. Hope you get it sorted out man. A few of mine are collectors that don't get played much but Idk what I would do if I couldn't strum a few chords before or after work.
    Bout the only thing that keeps me going anymore.

19. Jul 16, 2018 at 12:33 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Don't I know it...

I haven't played since January. I noticed a sharp tingling in my left ring finger then both of the left fingers started going completely numb. I still have full motion in them but I've no feeling. My thumb still doesn't have any feeling in it but that never mattered much with playing once I got about 75% range of motion back. I just needed the thumb to be able to rest on the back.

20. Jul 16, 2018 at 1:13 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    :sorry: Britt, hope the corrective surgery goes right. :fingerscrossed:

DoorDing, VE7OSR and Matic [OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top