1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. May 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Never seen one stupid episode of that crap. There was a poll I saw on FB that asked who has never seen an episode of it. I took the poll just to see the results. If you have not seen an episode you are in .7% of the population :facepalm:

Not even one percent of the population hasn't seen an episode, thats pretty sad IMO.

I mean I have my shows I like to watch, but I record them and watch when I have time. Typically I end up with 5 or 6 episodes of a show by the time I get around to watching one.

Fishing, dealing with the boats and drinking beer apparently take up to much of my free time when not working. :notsure:

2. May 8, 2019 at 8:36 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
    Im with ya on that...Ive never seen one episode of game of thrones either. Im fishing, hunting, or working on my property...

RearViewMirror likes this.
  3. May 8, 2019 at 8:48 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I'm with you two. I've never seen an episode of Game of Thrones. But I will say this... It's not because I haven't wanted to watch it. I'm just so far behind now and I know a lot about what happens in the show by hearing others talk that I'll just never get around to watching it. But I did binge watch Breaking Bad, Banshee, every single episode of the first season of True Detective (in one night btw), and now I'm caught up in Billions on showtime. I did re-watch Band of Brothers a few Saturdays ago though I do that at least once a year. That is a series that I think everyone should watch at least once in their life.

wilcam47 likes this.
  4. May 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    @Pchop If you ever get around to watching it, I think Banshee would be right up your alley. It's a fucking awesome series on Cinemax.

5. May 8, 2019 at 9:12 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Agreed on the BoB, I own the box set. I'll watch it on the PS4. Love that series. Plus its pretty historically accurate and in the box set you get the interviews with the actual guys that were in the unit at the beginning and end of each episode. If you dont have the box set, I highly suggest you get it. I watch it about once a year as well.

Thanks on the Banshee one, I'll have to check it out.

6. May 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Actually it's less than 1% of those that bothered to answer the poll. Pretty sure the percentage of population would be higher, except the same demographic who havent seen GOT, are the same demographic that couldn't be bothered to answer stupid polls.

7. May 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:

[​IMG]

We stand alone together brings a tear to my each time I watch it.

As far as Banshee goes, I think you'd like it. That was the least graphic video I could post here. The guy that plays the lead character is driven by pure determination. IIRC it's 4 seasons long and it's just a good watch. The series ends like you would want it to also which so many series get wrong.

medic2230 and wilcam47 like this.
  8. May 8, 2019 at 9:22 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 Xtra Cab 3.4L
    I've seen every episode of GOT. So there.

G.T. and RearViewMirror like this.
  9. May 8, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    You're in the majority. I wanted to watch it but I'm too far behind and I already know to much so a lot of it wouldn't be a surprise.

wilcam47 likes this.
  10. May 8, 2019 at 9:25 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    It took me about two weeks to watch Breaking Bad. Everyone said I needed to watch it so I finally set down and finished it. I see what all the fuss was about. Damn good show. Though they did leave out a few key ingredients for manufacturing Meth (for obvious reasons).

11. May 8, 2019 at 9:25 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Even knowing what happens, it's still a good binge watch. If only for the bewbies.

I haven't seen an episode of Breaking Bad or Band of Brothers.

12. May 8, 2019 at 9:26 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I like bewbies :)

rmepilot and se7enine like this.
  13. May 8, 2019 at 9:28 AM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    As have I but I’m a bit disappointed in the screenwriters as they’ve completely lost the plot of the books and are now just throwing stuff at the wall

After that glowing review, you can watch every episode on the HBOgo app on your AppleTV.

14. May 8, 2019 at 9:30 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    I mean if they had material to go on instead of relying on the writers.

15. May 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh I know... I see it every time I log into HBO. I just don't know if I have it in me to watch the entire series.

16. May 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM
    4WDTrout

4WDTrout Perpetually dreaming of tall trees & rivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD SR5 DCSB
    Total Tacoma nOOb.
    I’m not too sure if this is in compliance with the “thread rules” but....

I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to the families and those affected by the tragic and terrible event that took place in Colorado yesterday and everyone in this country who has had to deal with these types of unacceptable, sick behaviors & actions. I don’t know why this is happening but, I do know that the people who are carrying out these acts of unnecessary violence are sick individuals who are praying on the innocent and this needs to stop. I don’t know about you guys but, I’m beyond tired of this happening. Hate and separatism is slowly infecting our homeland and attempting to rot us from the inside out. We need to find a way as a community, as a state, as a nation to put an end to these horrific acts and keep our children, families, and communities safe.

HomerTaco and RearViewMirror like this.
  17. May 8, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I don't have an answer to this problem. I do know the posturing both sides will put up after this incident just like they always do. But nothing will be accomplished. There is a very easy way to stop school shootings. It costs money but it can be done. You know the one school that hasn't had a shooting? The school where a President's children go to school. There are resources out there that could be enacted to provide protection for all schools but again... money. I walk into my daughters school and all it takes is one look around and I just shake my head knowing what could happen and what needs to be shored up. But, even if all the resources in the world were thrown at the schools all it would accomplish is moving the address of the shooting. Anyone hell bent on carrying out something horrific like this will do so where they can get the most attention.

Mental health plays a huge part in this. Until we come to grips and realize that we need to find a way to revamp the mental health system I fear these events will keep on occurring. Just my take.

18. May 8, 2019 at 10:40 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    100% not stock... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Well said.

4WDTrout and RearViewMirror like this.
  19. May 8, 2019 at 11:07 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Probably right. I took the poll out of morbid curiosity. Dont know a thing about GoT other than I can tell its not something I want to spend time on.

20. May 8, 2019 at 11:07 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yup, we have the same box set. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top