1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. May 8, 2019 at 11:12 AM
    rmepilot

rmepilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB S/C 4x4 Limited Pyrite Mica
    You should visit Huntsville someday. I think you would enjoy a walk through the Davidson Center.

https://rocketcenter.com/

2. May 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    rmepilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    I've seen none.

wilcam47 likes this.
  3. May 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I would definitely like that.

4. May 9, 2019 at 4:11 AM
    rmepilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    I’m not a heavy.com fan, but at times they have some good info:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/kendrick-castillo/

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/stem-school-shooting-active-shooter-highlands-ranch/

The boy who died, is now a fallen hero. I thought I read somewhere he was an aspiring Marine, but now can’t find it.

Hate was a motive here, not separatism. I don’t condone either.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    4WDTrout likes this.
  5. May 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    This morning's wake up view; Moyie Lake provincial park, BC.

20190509_084001.jpg

jubei, Hardscrabble, rmepilot and 7 others like this.
  6. May 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Your view is much better than mine. I'm still trying to see through the haze in my eyes after the sleeping pill I took last night slowly wears off. Insomnia sucks. Don't think I'd have as much problem sleeping if I had that view to look forward too in the morning.

VE7OSR likes this.
  7. May 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    4WDTrout

4WDTrout Perpetually dreaming of tall trees & rivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD SR5 DCSB
    Total Tacoma nOOb.
    I’m in dire need of waking up to scenery like that. Beautiful view....thank you for sharing!

VE7OSR and RearViewMirror like this.
  8. May 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Still trying to decide what to do for vacation this year. We were going to take two weeks and go to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Utah, and back through Colorado. But my daughter made lead on the varsity dance team and she only had about 2 weeks that were free at the beginning of June. We couldn't plan anything out due to we didn't know when her time would be available. So we decided we would just go to Colorado and mess around. Then her schedule changed once again and we have a window of about a week and a half to work with and the rest of the summer is taken up by dance. So we sat down last night and started to make reservations and holy fuck... Every place we normally stay has almost doubled (if not tripled) in price. I assume it's because it's at the start of the summer vacation period but after looking at all the places we were going to stay, just the hotels were almost $4000 for 12 days. That's just the hotels. That's not including renting a vehicle (was going to rent a minivan to give my daughter more room), food, anything we do, gas, etc... So we're looking at $6000 min. just to go out and play around in the mountains. I'm just not sure I want to spend that much money because I feel rushed. She has to be back at a certain date otherwise she gets replaced if she misses a practice. So that will always be in the back of my mind. I'd enjoy it but not as much as normal. So I dunno?

9. May 9, 2019 at 9:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Agreed.

10. May 9, 2019 at 9:56 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I watched the first episode and I was hooked. Guy I was working with brought it in to work one time. Been watching it ever since I got caught up from his box sets.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  11. May 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    That's how I ended up watching all the series I binge watched. One of my friends at the station would say "you've got to watch this". I did that with the first season of True Detective. I started watching it around 8pm at the station and stayed up all night and watched every episode. I just couldn't stop. I HAD to see what happened in the next episode. The first season of True Detective is the only show that ranks right up there right below Band of Brothers. It was that good.

medic2230 likes this.
  12. May 9, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I could have written this post...

May I suggest an alternative: pick one NP and do an extended stay.

I plan on doing a week long trip to Zion. Stay at the Desert Pearl Inn and really dig in to all that the place has to offer.

jubei and RearViewMirror like this.
  13. May 9, 2019 at 11:17 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I think we are going to just go to Colorado Springs and base everything out of there instead of driving all over the state and having to pack and unpack every other day or so. My daughter wants to go to the Royal Gorge one day and she says she wants to do the swing that swings out over the gorge. We'll see about that lol. I told her I'll do it with her but I don't think she'll work up the nerve to do it. I might do the bungee jump as well since I've done them before but not from the distance that it drops over the edge. I jumped off the Stratosphere Tower in Vegas a few years ago and it was the best $100 I spent lol. Of course your not falling at full speed but stepping off the edge at 1000' was a little nerve racking to say the least. But your hooked into a drop line and two guide wires to keep you oriented so it was a cool fall.

Then a day in Manitou Springs and Pikes Peak. Maybe travel up to Denver for a day and there are plenty of things to do around that area. Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods, over to Bella Vista, etc... Rocky Mountain NP is pretty much out of the question as it will be so damn crowded and we would have to drive a couple hours just to get there so it wouldn't be worth the hassle. One day with an agent to see what our living arrangements would be once we move out there. Things like that. That way if we have to come back for some reason it's just a days drive if we have to get back in a hurry.

Wadar and HomerTaco like this.
  14. May 9, 2019 at 4:19 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    So got tickets to see the Rockies play the Cubs while we're there. Only issue is, it's going to be hard for me to root for a team. The Rockies will be my home team but I love the Cubs. Always have.

15. May 10, 2019 at 11:35 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Fuck yeah!!!!! I just happened to check what is going on at Red Rocks and I scored 3 tickets to Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and Colin Hay (lead singer of Men at work). I've seen Big Head Todd and the Monsters 3 times and I've always loved their music. I've never seen Toad the Wet Sprocket but I always liked a lot of their music and Colin Hay... That man is amazing. I know Men at Work were just a goofy MTV band but holy hell is that guy talented.
    This trip is turning out a lot better than I expected. I never thought I'd get to go to Red Rocks for a very long time but it just happened that a concert was happening that Saturday night that I really wanted to see. So I get to go to the ultimate place to see a concert and see bands that I really like. :woot:

[​IMG]

Here is a really good video of one of Colin Hay's songs. Extremely sad song but poignant. I looked up his guitar and it's around $8000 for this 12 string.

Then going to see the Rockies play the Cubs

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  16. May 10, 2019 at 12:40 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I cannot wait to go here!

wilcam47 likes this.
  17. May 10, 2019 at 9:20 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
    Funny I was thinking of this band the other day and of my first duty station, that song was popular when I first came into the military...still takes me back to those early days.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  18. May 10, 2019 at 9:22 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
  19. May 10, 2019 at 9:43 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Been out of cell range for a bit, last night's rest stop at the top of a log landing. The morning view.

Then explore to reach up by vehicle into another valley, had to deal with a bit of snow. I'll have to post a video of the avalanches coming down the chutes.

Back down in the valley to check out some cool river features.

20190510_085713.jpg
    20190510_085727.jpg
    20190510_151437.jpg
    20190510_165636.jpg
    20190510_175333.jpg

20190510_151746.jpg

20. May 10, 2019 at 9:54 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
    whats the elevation there? Lots of global warming there I see....;)

Products Discussed in

To Top