1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. May 13, 2019 at 7:33 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I wish I had. I have 20 different folders and one of them has 1.1k photos in it. It's just a bunch of random photos dating back to 2005. I found a bunch of photos of my old Tiller Truck that I had completely forgot about so I moved them to Imgur and my HD. A lot of them I don't really care about but some of them I don't have saved so I'm going through and downloading them so I don't lose them

A few pictures that I took from the drivers seat while driving the trailer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiller Trucks don't like the ice and snow. We got stuck 4 times that day and made 37 runs. I never saw the station after the first run. 24hrs on the truck. Most runs I made in a single day.

[​IMG]

2. May 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Lol... I get this email almost daily. Just got this a sec ago.

[​IMG]

Fuck you Photobucket. I just posted your image on Imgur

wilcam47, Hardscrabble and medic2230 like this.
  3. May 14, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    I'm imagining the tiller truck fish tailing on ice & snow. Tail wagging the dog, or dog chasing the tail. LOL
    eDit Crossover and departure angle suck on that truck.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  4. May 14, 2019 at 12:46 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    We tried once to put traction cables on the rear tires but they would just peel off on the first turn. So yeah... basically you were just along for the ride. And yes. The approach and especially departure angles sucked on that truck. We ripped the back bumper diamond plate cover off so many times that we finally just left it off.

5. May 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    4WDTrout

4WDTrout Perpetually dreaming of tall trees & rivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD SR5 DCSB
    Total Tacoma nOOb.
    RearViewMirror and HomerTaco like this.
  6. May 15, 2019 at 12:41 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Lol...

I tried that with my daughter once when she was around 3 or so and my daughter just laughed when I did it which made me even madder. I thought about spanking her harder but then I just started moving everything out of her room. She asked me "what are you doing?" "I told her I'm taking all your stuff until you don't do that again". I took everything out of her room and locked her in the room. I just couldn't spank her while she was growing up. Taking all her shit was alway more effective. Not to say that I certainly didn't want too. I just knew what would get the most attention. She got into trouble a few months ago when she said something pretty shitty to my wife and I walked in and broke up the argument and told her she was grounded. Sent her to her room and told her I'd be in there in a minute. I walked in and said "give me your phone now!" (which is her life), took her Apple TV remote, iPad, hoverboard, the controller for her PS4, etc... So the only thing she could do is read a book. She came in the office about 30 mins later and apologized. I told her don't apologize to me... apologize to your mother. I said "you're not getting your stuff back". She told me "oh I know... I deserved to be grounded". She asked how long she was grounded for and I told her I haven't decided yet but I'll let you know when you're not. So she ended up hanging out with me in the office all day that day. Which was actually pretty cool since I actually got to talk to my daughter instead of her face being buried in the phone. We talked about a bunch of shit that day which was cool and although I was angry at her for what she said, after all her stuff was gone she still came in and talked.

I'm sure spanking works for some and I'm certainly not against it. If I had a boy I would have probably spanked the shit out of him as he was growing up. I dunno? But I just couldn't bring myself to spank my little girl. I know my Mom spanked the shit out of me growing up. And I deserved it.

4WDTrout likes this.
  7. May 15, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    My wife’s dad was pretty rough on her growing up. Whether she deserved it or not I don’t know but it left some lasting issues. Because of that my wife is completely anti-spanking.
    We take away privileges and technology.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  8. May 15, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I used to get spanked like a red headed step child. I deserved most of it, but some of it was just my mom dealing with issues from my brother dying. My dad just had to threaten us with a spanking.
    I never had any issues from it though. I do think kids need to get a few in life though growing up. Let you know their is a consequence to actions.

9. May 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    I'm not opposed to it, but it's way down the use of force continuum. I mean if the goal is a rational human being, why am I going all the way down to the physical level?

I'm more likely to do a joint lock and sit on them until they listen to reason. Or to otherwise ensure compliance (go to your room, etc - don't listen? frogmarch and/or pick-up-and-carry)

Spanking as 'punishment'? Maybe just a slap on the hand or something as a pain reinforcement mechanism. I'm glad mine generally operate on a level where all I need is words and/or activity denial. YMMV, of course.

RearViewMirror and HomerTaco like this.
  10. May 15, 2019 at 3:13 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My dad taught me one of the most valuable lesson one time. When I was in 7th grade I made a bad grade on my report card and I flushed it down the toilet. My mom kept on asking if I had gotten my report card yet and I kept telling her no. Don't know why I did it because all I was doing was delaying the inevitable. About 3 weeks passed and my mom told me she was going to take me to school instead of me riding the bus. "Oh... Shit...". We got to the school and they gave her a copy of my report card and she looked at it and just folded it and put it in her purse and we walked into the hall and she looked at me and said "I'll talk to you when I get home". I seriously thought about running away.
    My dad got off work earlier than my mom and I was sitting on my bed and he walked in and took off his belt. I thought "of fuck... he's NEVER spanked me". He told me to stand up and he barely tapped me with it on my legs with it. He looked me dead in the eyes and said "your mom told me to come home and whip your ass." "When she gets home you tell her I did, but if you EVER do some shit like that again I WILL whip your ass you understand me?" That made more of an impression on me than if he would have just come home and done it.

When my daughter was little my parents were over at the house. One of my daughters friends was over and my daughter got upset at her friend and hit her. My mom hit her on the leg and said "hey... we don't hit!!". I looked at my mom and said "what did you just teach her???" "It's okay for you to hit?" :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    CaptAmerica likes this.
  11. May 15, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    4WDTrout

4WDTrout Perpetually dreaming of tall trees & rivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD SR5 DCSB
    Total Tacoma nOOb.
    Yeah, it’s usually boys who need a little paddling as a last resort punishment imo. Not all mind you, but some. I got spanked a few times as a kid and let me tell you...after that, I followed the rules.

wilcam47 and RearViewMirror like this.
  12. May 15, 2019 at 3:38 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My mom spanked the fuck out of me when I was growing up. Not sure why because as far as I know my grandparents didn't spank her. I know my grandfather didn't. He just wasn't that way. He had this certain tone in his voice that he used on me a few times and you just knew to straighten the fuck up now. I don't yell at my daughter. Never have liked yelling or being around people that yell. So I just took a page out of his book. It seems to make her more upset if she knows I'm disappointed. A few years ago I gave her my iPhone when I bought a new one. She got pissed about something and she spiked it in her room. She came in and told me something was wrong with her phone and showed it to me. The bottom of the screen had popped out and the back was slightly bent. I asked her what happened to it? She paused for a few and told me me that she got frustrated with something (I can't remember what?) and she threw it on her floor. I have to admit I was pretty pissed but I was also happy she didn't lie about it. So I went out the next day and bought another one. If she had lied to me about it she wouldn't have gotten shit. But she manned up (so to speak) and admitted what she did. So when I gave her the phone the next day I told her this is the only time. If she did something like that again she's buying it.

4WDTrout and HomerTaco like this.
  13. May 15, 2019 at 3:46 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma
    4 inch lift
    after a certain point it becomes futile. I got my butt busted for a few things I remember. I wasnt traumatized by it. Its no worse than stubbing your toe now. BUT I do think some kids need a reset once in a while

4WDTrout and RearViewMirror like this.
  14. May 15, 2019 at 3:47 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    God knows I needed a reset often when I was a kid lol.

wilcam47 likes this.
  15. May 15, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    .劉煒

.劉煒 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCSBTRDORMT
    Anyway, 'We Never Hit' is a weakness. There's a time and place for it. Now is usually not the time and/or place. You fuck it up bad enough, I'll end you myself.

wilcam47 likes this.
  16. May 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM
    loosnut

loosnut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jerry
    feasterville pa
    Vehicle:
    06 dbl cab long bed
    ome 2.5lift leer cap
    My mom tried to spank me a few times,she got so mad when i laughed at her,she broke down and cried.Never went that route again.I never made her upset again.Her husband on the other hand used to think it was fun to slap fight me for fun till it got serious and he took it too far more often then not.Until when i was sixteen and i put him on his ass.Guess who got kicked out of the house.
    when my older son (22)was @13 he thought he was going to flex his muscles i picked him of the ground and put him up againt the wall.He has never stepped out of line again.

wilcam47 and HomerTaco like this.
  17. May 16, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    LOL, I just remember us 5 kids in a station wagon coming back from vacation and my dad keeping a tally of how many swats each of us were getting when we got home. It got to the point of being comical trying to keep it straight. I can't remember if he carried through on it that time. We deserved it.

wilcam47 and Pchop like this.
  18. May 17, 2019 at 11:14 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Roughest day as a parent today. Mason was hit by a car on our street right before dinner. Compound arm fracture, concussion, multiple lacerations, and a lost front tooth. He’s in the hospital awaiting surgery to repair his arm.

98tacoma27 likes this.
  19. May 18, 2019 at 2:35 AM
    POOLGUY

POOLGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JEFF
    ALABAMA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT 6 SPEED
    CUSTOM SAFARI RACK, CUSTOM TABLET MOUNT, REAR HELPER SPRINGS AND FRONT LEVELING KIT
    That's rough. Prayers sent.

98tacoma27 and wilcam47 like this.
  20. May 18, 2019 at 5:42 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I'm so sorry Craig. I don't even know how to respond to this news. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I know nothing I say will make it any better but you are all in my thoughts.

98tacoma27 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top