1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. May 22, 2019 at 8:13 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    starting off to be potentially another bad year for forest fires. Already had a few in my valley, though quite frankly, they were the good kind, burning off ground fuels, and better now, than in the summer.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/slave-lake-wildfire-evacuation-high-level-1.5143124

and the one constant in the mountains is change; with geology, it happens either imperceptibly slow, or goes big. Interesting to comprehend the scale of this. Wondering if the rocks tore out the glacier below it or covered it up. My guess is mostly covered it.
    https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/05/22/third-slide-joffre-peak-imminent-scientist/

and apparently this good news SAR story made it to the news in the US. Several teams in the lower mainland (ie the big city) made this happen.
    https://www.cbs46.com/news/georgia-...KKXZgGWXs6mWXhoaXHTgtHYZjmEjjAfREWoSG26csuIhU

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    jubei likes this.
  2. May 22, 2019 at 8:23 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Good news man. Glad to hear that.

3. May 22, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I smoke the shit out of it. Although its not for medical reasons. Highly recommend it though. The shit that I smoke is in a cartridge, basically a vape pen. Weed cures more shit than anyone knows, which pisses me the hell off because these pharma companies suppress the hell out of it.

If you youtube epilepsy patients and how quickly it suppresses seizures, any kind of seizure for that matter its amazing.

Shit weeds has been proven to kill cancer cells.

Get her some, you will be happy with the results. :thumbsup:

This gateway drug bullshit is crap.

Silver02Taco and RearViewMirror like this.
  4. May 22, 2019 at 8:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Lol... exactly. The shit I was going to do in life while I was growing up I was going to try with or without weed. Weed made no difference in those choices.

5. May 22, 2019 at 8:55 AM
    Wadar

Wadar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD Xcab
    A few.
    Cody Jinks has some good stuff. I’ve been listening to a lot country & bluegrass lately, it’s good to mix it up. My Pandora default station is Tyler Childers radio, lots of Cody Jinks, and Chris Stapleton.

Hardscrabble and RearViewMirror like this.
  6. May 22, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I've never been a country music fan. Just not my cup of tea. Though I will say there are some amazing country musicians out there. That said... I love anything from Lyle Lovett. Is he country though?

Saying that... I've always really liked this song so I guess I do like some country

Wadar likes this.
  7. May 22, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My favorite Lyle Lovett song. I love the album title also which is actually a cool play on words that I wouldn't have put together. But I like the double meaning. Joshua Judges Ruth. Some of you will get it ;)

8. May 22, 2019 at 9:30 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    From my experience, if you want to keep kids from getting on drugs in the first place make them detox from codeine at 15. Between the physical and mental effects, they'll never want to deal with anything harder than aspirin or one beer again.

I still don't take anything harder than Motrin if I can help it.

#NEVERAGAIN

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. May 22, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Shasta, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, Warn Hidden Winch Bumper and winch
    Heck, when I broke my femur they had me on morphine for a few days and then switched to demerol. It was tough making the switch just after even a few days. I'm right there with you, nothing harder than ibuprofen these days. And beer.

My wife has been done with her cancer treatments for years other than some maintenance meds to suppress hormones or something. That said, living with the fear of it coming back has been a source of anxiety -- and it didn't help to get a 2nd cancer (not as bad as the first). Best thing for her is the devil's lettuce, although she has some prescription stuff for anxiety as well. But I'd rather her do the weed thing than the prescription stuff. Not my thing, but I'm all for de-criminalizing it. Regulation of it has its own drawbacks and brings a whole new set of problems, and not sure it's going well everywhere it is legalized. Booze is way worse.

I'll leave this here . . .

10. May 22, 2019 at 10:16 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
  11. May 22, 2019 at 10:18 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I've no idea how I didn't go through withdrawals from pain meds because I quit EVERYTHING abruptly. When I started I was taking one or two 10/500 Percocet and that would get me to where I wanted. Then they switched them to 10/325 because they realized that elderly people were overdosing while on 500mgs of acetaminophen because they were taking Tylenol along with the pain meds so they lowered to 325 which just made it worse (or better from my point of view at the time). It got to the point that I had built up such a huge tolerance to it that I would have to take 8 of them just to get me started then keep on taking them to keep the level I wanted. Truly sad when I think about it now.

When I burned my ankle down to the bone they gave me a shot of demerol in my ass then chased it with phenergan. The phenergan didn't hit in time and I got tunnel vision like a motherfucker and got so sick it made me puke like crazy until the phenergan kicked in. Never had morphine and hope I never have to have it. I'm afraid I'd wear the button out as soon as the drip was allowed.

CaptAmerica likes this.
  12. May 22, 2019 at 10:28 AM
    Mister Grey

Mister Grey The Viking of disapproval looks in your direction

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Hayward Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4
    Lift, bumper, steps, speakers, rims, tires, roll bar, lights
    I threw my back out recently. Worse pain I've experienced in a long, long time. Doctor says I exasperated an old injury and prescribed me muscle relaxants. Chiropractor told me I'm getting fat, lose weight and exercise. One thing I can tell you, no strain of weed helps against real pain. Aspirin either. Beer so far has been the real help. Sorry chiro, I'll start next week. And I never got the script cause I hate pills.

13. May 22, 2019 at 10:41 AM
    Wadar

Wadar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD Xcab
    A few.
    As for my cup of tea I kinda get tired of the same thing all the time. That said I’m not into “pop country” I’ll stick with the classics, some of the new stuff isn’t bad like the previously mentioned artists. Acoustic music, folk(ish) and slightly more mellow stuff is my current choice. However I have a long history with classic rock, metal, punk, reggae & ska, electronic, hip hop, dub step, pretty much everything. There’s always something good in every genre. Variety is the spice of life!

14. May 22, 2019 at 10:56 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Agreed

Wadar likes this.
  15. May 22, 2019 at 10:56 AM
    Wadar

Wadar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD Xcab
    A few.
    About the heaviest thing I take anymore is ibuprofen or acetaminophen. They had me on some heavier stuff for the shoulder surgery in March, but I only used what I had to for that. Unfortunately I was never equipped with an off switch, which doesn’t work well with drinking or smoking. God willing I’ll celebrate five years without a drink at the end of August, and three years without smoking come the end of November. But I won’t count the eggs till they hatch, just take it one day at a time. On the bright side I no longer have the desire or urges, I can be surrounded by friends doing their thing and I’m content with my iced tea. As for the legalization here in Colorado, I wish the funds actually made it to schools like they said they would. Unfortunately schools have to match the funds to receive them, so it doesn’t work out quite as well as they said it would.

jubei, Blackout14 and RearViewMirror like this.
  16. May 22, 2019 at 10:59 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Bureaucracy in action. It never works out well once the government gets involved.

The only thing I take now is prescription Ibuprofen because it's cheaper than Ibuprofen over the counter.

Wadar likes this.
  17. May 22, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Depends on the type of pain. If it's nerve pain then it has it benefits. Certain types of chronic (pun intended) pain etc... Pain because you cut off a finger or some shit like that? Nope.

Blackout14 likes this.
  18. May 22, 2019 at 11:16 AM
    Wadar

Wadar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Western Slope, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '02 Tacoma TRD Xcab
    A few.
    Funny how that works.

I will say I’m in a much better place mentally now. I spent over half of my life in a haze fueled by pot and booze. It works much better for me personally, and I’ve done a lot of growing up since getting sober. I’m actually in the process of going back to school currently, it’s a little scary at 42. But it should work better when partying isn’t my first priority.

jubei and RearViewMirror like this.
  19. May 22, 2019 at 11:29 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I don't know how I graduated college with a business degree? College was some of the best years of my life. I graduated high school early at 17. A 17 year old at college = an amazing amount of fun lol. The second two degrees weren't nearly as fun since the FBI paid for one and the FD paid for the other.

I'll always be a marijuana advocate. I'm not a stoner like I used to be but I use it when needed. Especially when I can't go to sleep. And then I'd be lying if I said I didn't use it to just enjoy life with a little bit of Sativa if I want to get some shit done around the house. Or some good Indica to chill out while laying in bed listening to music on my headphones. Funny thing is when you hit it a few times you can hear things in the music that you haven't heard before. Seems it has a very good system to open up pathways in your brain that wouldn't normally be open. I firmly believe that is why some of the best music was written by people that were smoking something. One look at Hendrix, Joplin, Dylan, you name the artist...

If that makes me not completely sober then I suppose I'm not. But I don't consider taking a hit every once in a while with something as benign as weed as an issue. Plus I've got a medical card that takes care of the condition. If some think it doesn't have medicinal value... sorry... I disagree.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    TooTallJAMZ, jubei, 01Tac0ma and 2 others like this.
  20. May 22, 2019 at 11:34 AM
    Mister Grey

Mister Grey The Viking of disapproval looks in your direction

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Hayward Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4
    Lift, bumper, steps, speakers, rims, tires, roll bar, lights
    100% a great sleep aid.

VE7OSR likes this.