1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jun 16, 2019 at 7:25 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Yep

2. Jun 17, 2019 at 6:10 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Not mine...:wink:

VE7OSR and CaptAmerica like this.
  3. Jun 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    8FB7A4EC-001F-48F3-BF6A-9DE9F97B815E.jpg 546F9C45-7907-474A-A8E3-112D7131A642.jpg

So, not sure if I told you guys but I quit drinking for 6 months. Couple of reasons, one to quit smoking, two just to see if I could do it. I don’t think I have gone more than a day or two since I was 18. Haven’t had an issue TBH, easy peezy, I actually feel pretty darn good and am getting a shit ton done around the house.

Anyhow, since I am usually out drinking on weekends and now that isn’t happening, I find myself looking for cool shit to do.

Sea turtle nesting season starts on my B Day which is June 3. Goes to Oct. I totally forgot about it, I’ve gone looking for them before and have seen up to 6 in a night. Wasn’t so lucky on Saturday night when I went with seeing that many, but I did come across Large Marge here. She is a loggerhead. Green sea turtles have 4 sections of shell on either side of the middle. Loggerheads have 5. We also have Hawk bills and a handful of others, havent seen a Leather Back though, that will be something to behold. Those fuckers are HUGE!!!!

When I say large she was about 4’ long. It’s really something to witness in person.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    wdb, wilcam47, CXYyuppie and 5 others like this.
  4. Jun 17, 2019 at 7:02 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    To give you an idea, here are the turtles we get coming ashore:

Green Sea Turtle
    [​IMG]

Loggerhead
    [​IMG]

Leatherback - Fucking huge!!!!
    [​IMG]

For scale sake I put this one in.
    [​IMG]

Hawksbill, they used to be hunted for their shells. Combs and such were made out of them. Super illegal now days thank god. They dont get that big, 18'-24" or so. Super pretty though, note the hawks bill hook on their beak, they eat sponges and such off the coral.
    [​IMG]

Kemps Ridley
    [​IMG]

Kind of cool, thought I would share it with y'all.

5. Jun 17, 2019 at 7:07 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    When in Hawaii 10 years ago, i got to swim next to a green sea turtle for about 100 yards. Wish i could have gotten a picture. (Wife had taken the water proof camera with her to shore])

CXYyuppie and HomerTaco like this.
  6. Jun 17, 2019 at 7:12 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I swam next to a sea turtle when we were diving off Key Largo one time. That was a awesome site and experience.

7. Jun 17, 2019 at 7:25 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    That's funny. When I quit drinking I started smoking again. But you're right. You seem to get more shit done. Quitting wasn't really hard for me which was a surprise since I drank a fuck ton each day.

Pretty cool about the sea turtles. We used to get them when I lived in Hawaii though I never really witnessed them.

8. Jun 17, 2019 at 10:08 AM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    T4R PRO Wheels w/ Nittos, Katzkins leather, tint windows, 12” sub/amp combo
    Nice looking family. Looks like your son is doing well since the car accident. He's smiling.

9. Jun 17, 2019 at 10:13 AM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I highly recommend going to the NW coast of Maui for sea turtles. Off of Black Rock, in Ka'anapoli, there is a cove that has had several BIG green turtles just relaxing for the fish to clean their shells of parasites. They will swim up to you, but you are not allow to touch them. My wife and kids loved it. Even saw a few white tip sharks in the area. We have made the trip several times. It is one of the best vacation destinations.

VE7OSR and RearViewMirror like this.
  10. Jun 17, 2019 at 10:43 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Dude, you're like 800 miles from the east coast of FL, plus they have them in the gulf. Why would you fly your ass all the way to Hawaii for sea turtles?

11. Jun 17, 2019 at 11:17 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I lived there for almost 8 years. Beautiful place but I doubt I'll ever go back. After living in Hawaii, California, and Norfolk VA. I've no desire to see the ocean ever again. The mountains hold a special place in my heart. There is just something about seeing snow capped mountains that I can't resist. Sadly no sea turtles have made it up there yet.

jubei and HomerTaco like this.
  12. Jun 17, 2019 at 12:47 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Been a while since I've been in this thread but since you guys love hummingbirds I got a slow mo video of one at my feeder. Lighting isn't that great but it's watchable. :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    wilcam47 likes this.
  13. Jun 17, 2019 at 1:00 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma Xtra Cab 2.7L
    Toytec Bilstein 5100's, Chevy Leafs.
    I don't see any lightning :rolleyes:

14. Jun 17, 2019 at 1:49 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    Cool video! I took mine down last night to refill it but got distracted. Went out this morning and a bird was sitting on the hanging bracket. DOH.

DEEVON911 likes this.
  15. Jun 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Florida is a quick trip that we drive. we can be in Panama City Beach in 5 hrs. Do it a few times a year. We see different things in Hawaii than in Florida. Plus it is not as hot in Hawaii. The humidity in Florida is almost as bad as it is in Louisiana. Same bugs and bad drivers!

wdb likes this.
  16. Jun 17, 2019 at 2:54 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Thank you! Yes, he’s doing great. Got the cast off today. :D

He’ll need to go back in about 4 months to get the rods taken out of his arm.

G.T., medic2230, Bastek and 6 others like this.
  17. Jun 17, 2019 at 3:07 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    Man, I was thinking "Dang, that was fast!" until I saw the comment about the rods. Any concern since his bones are likely still growing? Amazing what they can do with metal, those orthopedic surgeons are a bit crazy. My left femur still has a rod down the center and some big-ass screws, they never went back to take them out. I forget they are there unless I'm in a foreign airport that has their metal detectors set on high.

18. Jun 17, 2019 at 3:43 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    They are keeping an eye on him. It may be another four months unless they start causing him some discomfort in which case he will get them out sooner. He goes back in a month for a check up.

medic2230, Bastek and CaptAmerica like this.
  19. Jun 17, 2019 at 3:56 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    That is great news brother. He looks like he is doing great. I'm so glad that he is healing up so fast.

VE7OSR and HomerTaco like this.
  20. Jun 17, 2019 at 4:09 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner Smashed Ass Edition
    OME, 285 KO2’s, Fridge, Compressor, Rack, Lights, Switches, Dorkel
    Wadar likes this.