1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jul 14, 2019 at 7:00 AM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    That’s really impressive. She must have a positive attitude.
    I don’t know what to say but it’s amazing & looks great. Looks like she is gong thru a life changing event. I hope she is doing well. I know thru my experience w/ cancer, a positive attitude makes everything a whole lot better. Be brave and keep strong!

VE7OSR, Blkvoodoo and MQQSE like this.
  2. Jul 14, 2019 at 7:37 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    @Blkvoodoo Ya'll kick the Devil Cancer's @ss!

My thoughts are with you.

medic2230 and Blkvoodoo like this.
  3. Jul 14, 2019 at 7:53 AM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    Her attitude thru this whole thing has been extremely positive, she’s grasped this and wrangled it and handed back.
    It was a very unexpected event Mid March and she’s marched thru 5 chemo treatments and has her final this coming Friday.
    I have to say, it’s worn on both of us physically, emotionally and financially, She is so over not having hair, this crown was a pick me up she needed, and while this was being done yesterday, our daughter and I happened across a fragrance shop that uses real essential oil scents, we custom blended a fragrance for her and named it so we can go back and get it again. That brightens her day even more.

We took the Henna crust off this morning...94CECA48-CCCC-42B0-A33C-F2E7D7F8D8E9.jpgD4429AA1-9811-40E4-AEDA-13F11C34501B.jpg205B49E0-8814-40A4-873F-330501EA04D2.jpgB2A7B361-AD34-4987-80CB-BC047B586881.jpg
    the black dots are the dried henna that hasn’t been wiped off yet, she can’t get it wet until tomorrow, we had to use olive oil to loosen the crust to remove it.

it will oxidize the next few days and darken a bit.

4. Jul 14, 2019 at 8:17 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    So that's 2 Attagirls! ... and 1 Attaboy! :thumbsup:

Blkvoodoo and Daria like this.
  5. Jul 14, 2019 at 8:29 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    Daria and Blkvoodoo like this.
  6. Jul 14, 2019 at 3:52 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    Beautiful. My heart goes out to y’all. I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery. God bless.

sandjunkie, Blkvoodoo and MQQSE like this.
  7. Jul 14, 2019 at 4:51 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    HVAC company tried to hook us for $884.10 labor to install this part under warranty. Cuz ya know, cancer patients need to be reamed out especially hard.

$235 on Amazon and 1.5hour (had to pull it back out and reposition) and we are chillin again.

Beware, that warranty on the new HVAC unit is a huge lie ! C4E8ED63-8ECD-4FC3-AD66-1589DF5379C8.jpg

wdb, Hardscrabble, Bastek and 3 others like this.
  8. Jul 14, 2019 at 4:52 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck

Glad you got it fixed!

MQQSE and Blkvoodoo like this.
  9. Jul 14, 2019 at 5:02 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco ---> Insert witty comment here <--- Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Just showed that to my wife, that’s some amazing work! We wish her a speedy recovery!
    Glad you were able to DIY. My skills do not extend into the HVAC arena. :oops:

MQQSE and Blkvoodoo like this.
  10. Jul 14, 2019 at 5:09 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco ---> Insert witty comment here <--- Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I’ve been slacking on physical activities lately...

Went out and ran the whole length of my local trail from the trail head (which is 3 miles from my house) down to the Delaware River and back. Drained the entire 2 liters in my camelback and kinda over did it. :oops:

Also went off trail pretty hard avoiding a group of young kids and bent my rear wheel. :(

I was still able to ride it just has a distinct little wobble now.

Everything hurts. :rolleyes:

11. Jul 14, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I need to get back into it as well. I've been slacking and had other projects to work on.

HomerTaco likes this.
  12. Jul 15, 2019 at 7:16 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Shasta, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, Warn Hidden Winch Bumper and winch
    Glad you got it fixed! Motor and fan is usually not a tough job if the unit is accessible. I hate warranties. I just swapped out brakes on my MTB -- originals failed and the parts were covered under warranty, but not the bike shop labor to rebuild and rebleed. Only slightly more expensive to just replace and do it myself, so not sure what the value of a warranty really is.

My wife had her head tattooed across the back while she was hairless, the Chinese symbols for faith, love, and family (we think, it might say silly white lady, or kung pao chicken, who knows). When her hair grew back in it was curly -- she has always had straight hair. Kept growing curly for a while, and then just went back to straight. Looked like a perm that was growing out. Really odd.

Sucks about your wheel, but at least you got out for a ride! Keep it up! You can probably find a used replacement wheel pretty cheap. If I had one I would send it to you, but I don't have any 26" stuff left.

I had a couple of close calls yesterday myself, into the weeds a couple times and then one full compression of the fork and a big oof, but then luckily it rolled over the rock that was holding me up. Close to a nasty OTB, limited soft spots to land in that section. I'm using the elevator today myself, legs are still jello.

13. Jul 15, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I just discovered the Smithsonian Channel. :facepalm:

And I like it!!

medic2230 likes this.
  14. Jul 15, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    Bought a new Car this weekend.....

No I didn't. My wallet just feels like I did. $13k Sub-Zero Refridgerator.:frusty:

Our 17 year old GE Monogram Built-In is on its way out. I also don't want to risk a water leak from it given that we had a major leak last year and re-piped the house. The price of Built-in Refrigerators is insane. Even a GE or Kitchen Aid is $9k. Hopefully the price difference will translate to the value of the house and an issue free appliance. These kind of purchases just suck.

[​IMG]

15. Jul 15, 2019 at 10:06 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    How in THE FUCK do you know what the street price of blow is?......asking for a friend :anonymous:

GasPowered and sandjunkie like this.
  16. Jul 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Thats awesome man. Can't wait to see the final picks.

17. Jul 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Sweet floor, must be a bitch if your tripping on acid or shrooms :notsure:

What is that zebra wood?

18. Jul 15, 2019 at 10:16 AM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4X4 TRD Sport
    RCD Lift, Custon Alcan Leafs, Ballistic Jesters, Duratracs 285/70/17,Fold-a-Cover Elite G4 Tonneau, Black Grill Emblem, Sock Monkey Yeti Decals, Tundra 4x4 emblem sprayed black, Debadged, LED interior, Xenon Depot 6000K HID Headlights, Xenon Depot 3000k Fogs with Lamin-X Coating, Borla Exhaust - Chopped, Weathertecs, Custom Katzkin Leather TRD Interior.
    Not sure, that's just a stock sub-zero photo.

Mine will be installed on Friday.

19. Jul 15, 2019 at 10:22 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Do you not recall which organization I work for?

20. Jul 15, 2019 at 10:23 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Wood that looks like a stripes zebra

DE4DE4C1-01DB-407F-B6FF-9CC4F41832CF.jpg