1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Aug 9, 2019 at 8:44 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Wind from the south has brought in forest fire smoke. I can now smell like campfire in my own home.

2. Aug 9, 2019 at 9:25 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    Same here

3. Aug 9, 2019 at 9:29 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Bear found a new place to chill out.

[​IMG]

MQQSE, sandjunkie, wilcam47 and 3 others like this.
  4. Aug 9, 2019 at 9:33 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Retired, now a stay at home husband!

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Yeah I know, I was in Sand Point last weekend. Far too many Tacoma’s there for my liking btw.

wilcam47 likes this.
  5. Aug 9, 2019 at 11:43 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
  6. Aug 10, 2019 at 8:34 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    sandjunkie, shane100700 and wilcam47 like this.
  7. Aug 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Here's a PSA for anyone that has an Apple phone, iPad, or computer. I just received an automated phishing call claiming to be from Apple telling me that there has been a security breach on my account and to not use any of my devices for financial purposes. They told me to press 1 to speak to an agent before I use any of my devices. It just didn't seem right so I hung up and called Apple and spoke to an agent. They are aware of the calls and told me that Apple will always send out an email before actually calling you. So if you receive an automated call claiming to be from Apple do not press 1. They are looking for your financial information. I gave the agent I spoke to from Apple the phone number they called from and she confirmed that it was a phishing call. That is the first time I've had that happen. I get fucking solicitor calls every day but I've never had one claiming to be from Apple.

Just a heads up in case you get a call.

8. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:03 AM
    shane100700

shane100700 Retired, now a stay at home husband!

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    Only as much as they can. They don’t have the man power for all of the “suicidal” guys that need to be watched. Even in the army, every time a guy was about to get in trouble, they are suddenly suicidal. It’s hard to take them seriously. That’s coming from someone who has lost a lot of friends, subordinates and family. Also been there myself so it’s not something I write off easily.

CaptAmerica, Soul Surfer and wilcam47 like this.
  9. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:05 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Idaho
    shane100700 likes this.
  10. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, I get spam calls daily. Since I have an Los Angeles number I can filter them pretty easily. If its a FL number I answer it because it is more than likely work related. Plus I know were my vendors and such are.
    Any other number though, if it is not in my phone and I dont recognize it I do not answer.
    The gov't should crack down on that shit. Amongst many other things. :rolleyes:

Soul Surfer and wilcam47 like this.
  11. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:09 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer •ODNAREM Life• Jimi Was Last Seen: Road Trippin’

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimi
    West Central Florida Coast
    Vehicle:
    •’19 T4RP TRD 4X4•
    Thanks for the info, I’m running a IPhone.

12. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:25 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    IIRC I think congress just passed a law that allows carriers to automatically block spam calls. But the problem that I see coming is if you want the spam calls to stop, I foresee the carriers charging a fee for the service. I seriously doubt it will be free.

No problem :)

Soul Surfer and wilcam47 like this.
  13. Aug 10, 2019 at 7:16 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Look up the death of Brian Christopher last year..actually it was just the one year anniversary of his death..

14. Aug 10, 2019 at 8:26 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
  15. Aug 10, 2019 at 8:41 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    somebody might need to be driving with the outriggers extended.

16. Aug 10, 2019 at 8:54 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco TOYWERX Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    100% not stock... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    That’s an expensive piece of equipment on its side.... :(

17. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:02 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    After reading the article, it seems they were training in an abandoned parking lot. My first guess is speed and a sharp turn = a rollover. The center of gravity on a ladder truck is pretty high since the ladder on that particular truck is a steel ladder and not aluminum. The thing that is a little bit puzzling to me is all new fire trucks come with a stability control system built in (especially Pierce) that cuts the throttle if you take a corner too fast. So I don't really know how the driver got in that position? But I do know one thing... someone is getting in a lot of trouble right now.

18. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:06 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    T4R PRO Wheels w/ Nittos, Katzkins leather, tint windows, 12” sub/amp combo
    I was thinking someone might be looking for a new job. I hope no one was hurt.

19. Aug 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    That truck is a quint. A lot of volunteer FD's us quints because it has a pump built into it. Most professional FD's don't use quints. The pump lays into the truck and supplies the water. Quints are like chicks with dicks. It just isn't right.

This is one pump supplying 1500 GPM with a 5" supply line at 105'. A quint would have a hard time supplying that much water due to the friction loss and elevation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Aug 11, 2019 at 10:09 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Okay... My wife and I started watching the WU Assassin on Netflix tonight because the little preview looked pretty good. So we started watching it and it is not anything like the preview. We watched the first episode and we were sitting there looking at each other and thinking WTF??? If you can suffer through the first 2-3 episodes it's actually a pretty good story. It seems completely stupid at the start (and it is if I'm honest) but once you get into the 4-5th episode it actually is a pretty cool storyline. My wife said "you must have to be high to understand what the fuck is going on?". So that's what she did lol. Then she explained it to me. It made less sense after that lol.

The fight scenes are pretty awesome though and the camera work is pretty cool. But if you watch it, you will have to just go with it for the first couple of episodes. It's a fucking weird storyline but it will start to make sense and then it's pretty cool.

Soul Surfer, VE7OSR and medic2230 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top