1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Aug 12, 2019 at 5:54 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    The test is in the OP.

2. Aug 12, 2019 at 5:58 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Exactly. I have noticed some new guys in here in the last week or three.

If you are in this category (I am sure you know whom you are, and if you wish to keep posting)....you will be called out on it, then refer to OP's first post. You need to give your thoughts on a certain topic......this is non-negotiable.

Also, we have strict rules in this thread and they are enforced....we have mods on payroll :wink: and who are regulars in here as well.

May we suggest going back and perusing through to see how we all get along. Most of us that are regular posters (note that there are very few that arent regular posters) have been in here for many years and we are afforded certain.....leeway, if you will.

We like our thread, we all get along very well and many of us are friends outside of TW. While we all post in other threads this one is most certainly NOT them.

Please respect our little sanctuary away from the usual TW'ness of all the other threads.

3. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:00 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    [​IMG]

98tacoma27 likes this.
  4. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:06 PM
    CaptAmerica

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:
  5. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:09 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR 'interfering with Natural Selection since 1990'

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
  6. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:18 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 Retired, now a stay at home husband!

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    *sigh*

After reading 4717 pages, I finally found that I am required to take a test so to speak. Sadly I started at this page and worked backwards. Guess it’s good that this 40 y/o with the medical condition of a 60 y/o is retired.

So first thing I did after finding out what this “test” was, is to fill my gas tank and scour the country side. I looked far and wide but even my vortex spotting scope wasn’t up to the task.

So leaving the sanctuary of my capable Tacoma, (I mean it’s TW, the story HAS to include it!) I continued on foot. The rain as hard and journey long. I climbed up a mountain through 12’ of snow and climbed back down into the valley (all things are up hill both ways).

In the valley I came to a cabin, tired from my hike I decided to take a rest. There was one bed that was far to large, then another that was far to small. Finally found one that seemed about right, only to find a fucking wolf in the bed?! Well with that I left, I’m not going to sleep in a bed that allows a filthy wolf under the covers!

I continued down the trail, it was quite easy to follow its golden hue... I came across this weird boy flying around and he asked what I was looking for. I told him to mind his own damn business and continued on. When I finally got to glade I was looking for I took my rifle off my shoulder. I lowered the legs on my bipod, settled into the prone... took out my range finder gauged the distance. Then I very slowly and very deliberately lined up my shot. The explosion cause birds to take to the air and animals to run, but I wasn’t worried, my shot was true. I stood back up, shouldered my rifle and walked down. I looked over the body, then lowered the vial and let the beasts tears fill the glass container. As I left, I turned and bit fair well... giving Aslan my thanks for his life.

When I finally got home I poured the tears into my feeder and sat on the porch with a glass of lemon aid. When the local children seen the elusive hummingbirds arrive they ran to watch. I stood up, shouldered my shotgun and told them to get off my damn lawn.

The thing I like most about hummingbirds is that in Montana, they only drink fucking lion tears.

Matic [OP], medic2230, MQQSE and 7 others like this.
  7. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:20 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
  8. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Lol... That post was full of win!

MQQSE likes this.
  9. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    :hattip:

10. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:50 PM
    CaptAmerica

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:

HomerTaco and shane100700 like this.
  11. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:51 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    I'm so conflicted, I wanna punch that goat and hug the new guy.

12. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:57 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
  13. Aug 12, 2019 at 6:59 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    shane100700 likes this.
  14. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:01 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    FUCKING BRAVO!!!!

shane100700 likes this.
  15. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:07 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    :hattip:

16. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:32 PM
    VE7OSR

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    shane100700 likes this.
  17. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Normally it's the other way around ;)

sandjunkie likes this.
  18. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM
    VE7OSR

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Yes, but how do you feel about hummingbirds?

19. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:36 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    T4R PRO Wheels w/ Nittos, Katzkins leather, tint windows, 12” sub/amp combo
    Ok, I'll jump in on it.
    The wife is pissed. I'm offshore for another week and I didn't have time to spray the flower beds for spiders before I let. Well you would know it, she sent me a text saying that we had a humming bird stuck in a spider web. It had been drained of its fluids. I asked her to send me a picture and she said no way she was going by that spider web if the spider was big enough to eat a bird. I guess I'll be in the dog house as soon as I get back home. I f..king hate those Banana spiders. Evil bastards.

20. Aug 12, 2019 at 7:41 PM
    shane100700

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB, OR
    Rocket Boosters
    I like them, geez read the last sentence. :smack:

Guys, this ones ready for the over 60 thread.

MQQSE likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top