1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Nov 25, 2019 at 10:52 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco Official TW Grill Guy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I thought about this my last trip to Texas. The stadium at A&M has a capacity of +102K, Lincoln Financial Field here in Philly for the Eagles has a capacity of 69K.

Says something.

2. Nov 25, 2019 at 10:58 AM
    rmepilot

rmepilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob IV
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB S/C 4x4 Limited Pyrite Mica
    Magnuson Supercharger ADS Racing Products Suspension Camburg UCA's URD Equal Length Headers JFR Custom Y-Pipe Fold-a-Cover Tonneau 4Runner 17" TRD Pro Wheels StopTech Slotted Rotors and TRD Pads
    Plus, the A&M Stadium fills their seats.

3. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Since we don't have a major league sports team, people here tend to live and die by the Razorbacks. I used to be a die hard fan but it's really hard to remain die hard for 20 + years of shit. I love college football but right now we are the laughing stock of the SEC (if not all of college football). My wife still watches the games but even her enthusiasm has waned over the last few years. You can only watch us loose so much and do the same shit over and over so many times that it just becomes old.

I really kind of feel bad for the athletes since they are the ones paying the price for all the changes that are taking place in their four years at the school. That said... they are still getting an education for free so I don't feel too bad for them. But in the realm of sports? Yeah, it kind of sucks for them. Everyone would love to be on a team that at the very least can compete. But I honestly think my daughters high school could beat them right now.

*EDIT* When you are starting a true freshman against LSU??? Somethings definitely wrong.

CXYyuppie and HomerTaco like this.
  4. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco Official TW Grill Guy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Troof

5. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    rmepilot

rmepilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob IV
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB S/C 4x4 Limited Pyrite Mica
    Magnuson Supercharger ADS Racing Products Suspension Camburg UCA's URD Equal Length Headers JFR Custom Y-Pipe Fold-a-Cover Tonneau 4Runner 17" TRD Pro Wheels StopTech Slotted Rotors and TRD Pads
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAnv4nk68SY

:stirthepot:

CXYyuppie and RearViewMirror like this.
  6. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:35 AM
    cubie

cubie Asian Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 and '18 TRD OR 4x4 Access Cab
    Yall can have Gus Malzahn....

RearViewMirror likes this.
  7. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:51 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh man... That's a subject all in its own. We had a very real chance of Malzahn taking over but him and Nutt had some kind of rift between them during that time. So Malzahn left and I don't blame him. I would love to see Malzahn come back to Ar. but it's a long shot I think. But who knows? He has had a pretty contentious relationship with Auburn so maybe? But I would be surprised if it happens. And I would think that it would cost a lot of money to get him here. One thing is for sure... There will be a lot of head coaches that will line their pocketbooks with the threat of moving to Ar. with no real intention of actually leaving the team they currently coach. So I don't know who we'll get. There are a lot of names floating around but I'm not sure how much more the program is willing to take with signing contracts and the coaches not producing results?

cubie likes this.
  8. Nov 25, 2019 at 11:54 AM
    cubie

cubie Asian Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I've been screaming for Auburn to fire Gus for years now. And I'm an Auburn fan. Everyone loves Gus, except for Auburn fans.

RearViewMirror and CXYyuppie like this.
  9. Nov 25, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    LSU has had plenty of bad years but people tend to forget about that when we are doing so well now. In the 80’s when we had DeNardo as a coach, you couldn’t give tickets away. LSU started to do well with Saban and then again with Les Miles, but neither one of them started out great at LSU.

I read Jimbo Fisher may be looking for a team. He might be able to do something for the Hogs?

It’s just nice to tailgate and go to the game. But damn it’s expensive. I can go see the Saints in New Orleans for cheaper than going to a LSU game.

RearViewMirror and cubie like this.
  10. Nov 25, 2019 at 12:21 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    They used to play two games here in Little Rock and we would tailgate there. The Union had an amazing spot at War Memorial Stadium and it was always fun (and free to Union members). But they have done away with playing at Little Rock and I can understand why. As far as I know they were the only team that actually had two different places that were considered home games. Les Miles had some really good years with LSU and I agree that no coach will start out well during the first couple of seasons because they will have to form a roster of players that fit their specific goals for the team. I'm always willing to give a new coach the time to accomplish those goals because they are not easy to put into action quickly. But after a few years the fans (and Alumni) start wanting to see results which so far have alluded the Razorbacks. Sure there have been some stand out games but those games don't win titles (other than taking the boot from LSU every so often). But Ar. has been in a slump for a very long period of time. Sure we've gone to a few minor bowl games but no one cares about those results unless they happen within the first couple years of a new head coach. I think that is a yard stick that people use to judge if the Coach is making progress.

CXYyuppie and cubie like this.
  11. Nov 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    CXYyuppie and rmepilot like this.
  12. Nov 25, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
  13. Nov 25, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    Silver02Taco

Silver02Taco #DevilHornGang

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    San Jose, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2002 Xtra-Cab 4x4, V6, SR-5, TRD Off-Road
    Relentless Fab Front & Rear Bumpers and Skid Plates Bay Area Metal Fab Sliders, Rear Shock Relocation Kit & Bed Rack Total Chaos Fab UCA's, Shock Tower, Spindle & Cam-Tab Gussets ADS Ø2.5's w/Resi's on all four corners. Lots of other stuff...
    Not to mention y'all lost to San Jose State this year. :hattip:

RearViewMirror and rmepilot like this.
  14. Nov 25, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Exactly

rmepilot and Silver02Taco like this.
  15. Nov 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM
    cubie

cubie Asian Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
  16. Nov 26, 2019 at 6:31 AM
    cubie

cubie Asian Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I have a daughter that's a junior in college and 2 teenage boys...:D Well, being big into boxing/grappling/martial arts, they have owned boxing gloves since they were infants. They are rough with each other and either mom or I have to step in sometimes when the bigger kid is kicking the little kid's ass! lol At least I feel confident that they will know how to throw some hands if they ever had to!

CXYyuppie and G.T. like this.
  17. Nov 26, 2019 at 10:16 AM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    My 9yo is already progressing up the ranks in BJJ and can armbar or chokehold his older cousins fast. That mixed with scouts, piano, archery, and climbing keep him Too busy to get into trouble. Now he wants to start guitar lessons as well. Love the motivation in this kid but sometimes I’m worried that he will burn himself out.

18. Nov 26, 2019 at 10:18 AM
    cubie

cubie Asian Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    That's all part of being a kid, discovering what you like and don't like. You never know until you try! My oldest boy is the sports kid, football, basketball and cross country. My youngest boy is into music, guitar, piano, and now, offroading! lol

19. Nov 26, 2019 at 10:41 AM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    Let him try it all. He will find which one is the right fit for him.
    The only thing we said to ours is you can only do one at a time. Meaning practice for one cannot interfere with the others. Find the right fit basically.

G.T. and cubie like this.
  20. Nov 26, 2019 at 10:48 AM
    cubie

cubie Asian Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonny
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Yep! And if you sign up and don't like it, you're going to have to finish the season out. No quitting halfway, that's not how we roll. Commitment training! lol

Products Discussed in

To Top