1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Mar 25, 2020 at 9:55 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    No shit....why the fuck do you think I used it.

rmepilot, CaptAmerica and shane100700 like this.
  2. Mar 25, 2020 at 10:21 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR ScoCar? He's a Dick.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Watching the movie "1917" it's for rent on YouTube. I read about how they filmed it. Somber film indeed, and well done. As a comment stated "I needed a cigarette after watching that, and I don't even smoke."

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    HomerTaco likes this.
  3. Mar 25, 2020 at 10:22 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Did

4. Mar 25, 2020 at 10:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    I've still got a Nintendo 64 in the closet with Goldeneye (which was the very FPS I ever played). I've got the original gold cartridge of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Wish I still had it in the package as there is no telling how much that is worth?

I never planned on getting into MMO's but once I got started, it became an addiction. Then when I played LotRO for 5+ years? I don't think I've ever been more addicted to something in my life. It still has the best raid ever created in a video game. The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu was a twelve man raid and took approx. 8hrs to finish with a top tier group. So we would start it on Friday night and finish it up on Saturday night each week. But the best accomplishment we did in that game was we were the very first (and one of the only) to six man what was a twelve man raid in its entirety. We stayed up until 4:30 am and completely ran the entire raid with six people. It was a blast and we ended up with special titles in the game given just to us from Turbine (the producers of the game). No one else ever got those title. So we were the only six people in the game that ever got that title. Honestly I don't think anyone every thought to actually try to six man it before us. We just wanted to see if we could do it. MMO's are extremely complex and you have to know exactly what you are doing at every step. You can not make a single mistake or it is a wipe. When you are dealing with upwards of 30 different skills per character and when to use those skills? It is very challenging. I miss that game to this day.

jon_elc and wilcam47 like this.
  5. Mar 25, 2020 at 10:39 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    This write up is just for the final boss in The Rift.

Notice how detailed it is. Then try to factor in six manning it.

6. Mar 25, 2020 at 11:41 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    For the record, having lived in England 7 yrs, a working Englishman's cup of tea is fantastic tasting with a little milk. Hard to find decent flavor tea in US. Tetley is about the closest I find here; Lipton is garbage. Don't recall what a crumpet is exactly, but scones with clotted cream are delicious.

... random neural firing of a bored MooseMan :notsure:

FishnTx, TomTwo, medic2230 and 4 others like this.
  7. Mar 25, 2020 at 11:47 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I've always wondered what actual "english tea" tastes like? I always hear about them taking a tea break but is it different than the tea we get here? I mean even the good tea. Not the Lipton shit.

FishnTx, MQQSE, Grumpy and 2 others like this.
  8. Mar 25, 2020 at 11:49 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona now!!!
    Some has to do with water temp also but i dont know that much

TomTwo and RearViewMirror like this.
  9. Mar 25, 2020 at 11:50 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Jesus Christ Einstein!!! Save some brain power for the rest of us.

That’s almost sig material.

wilcam47 likes this.
  10. Mar 25, 2020 at 11:54 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    They drink tea like we drink coffee. And their in country brands are much stronger and taste so much better. PG Tips and Typhoo are the two brands I remember drinking with the MOD civilians in the port at RAF Mildenhall.

EDIT: More direct answer, yes it's better. IMHO of course.

11. Mar 26, 2020 at 12:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My wife has an autoimmune disease. You don't think I'm worried about that???? I'm fucking terrified that when I have to get out that I might bring back something that she might not get over.

ColoradoTJ, TomTwo, FishnTx and 5 others like this.
  12. Mar 26, 2020 at 2:43 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco Official TW Grill Guy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  13. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:30 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i've actually had it for a few years, never really used it for anything other that some stupid little trinkets and stuff. Finally able to put it to good use.

shane100700 likes this.
  14. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:28 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    I guess we're out of the closet now.

I concur with my thread-mates here, well and clearly stated.

I have nothing to add, but respect for all of you.

b_r_o, 23Skidoo, CXYyuppie and 5 others like this.
  15. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:43 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:

You've got me really wanting to try some proper English tea now. I think I'd really like it since I like coffee so much.

wilcam47 and shane100700 like this.
  16. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:45 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    In the middle east I got into Lipton Yellow Label. It's a blend of orange and black pekoe teas, and nearly as strong as coffee. Great stuff.

17. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:55 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    I've found Typhoo once in the international section at a Carrs-Safeway here a while back. For a while years ago (active duty time) one of my controllers parents retired in England and would send him boxes. I never got into the fancy label Earl Grey and such, but as I stated the English working man's varieties are as enjoyable as any good cup of coffee. And just a touch of regular milk, maybe a bit of sugar if you like sweet; I tend to prefer non-sweet in my old age. :laughing: Matches my GOB persona maybe.

18. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    After this is all over I may have to do some research on finding some good tea.

Jesus... just saying that makes me feel old lol. If my 25 yr old self just heard that come out of my mouth I'd punch myself in the dick. But fuckit... I want to try some now.

19. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:57 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Chief Pal Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Cav Blu '19 DCSB OR MT
    And I'll be looking for some soon now that it's come up. The things a good stay at home order bring out in us, huh? ;)

RearViewMirror likes this.
  20. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:57 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco Official TW Grill Guy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I prefer bear in hat tea.

upload_2020-3-26_11-57-37.jpg

b_r_o, MQQSE, wilcam47 and 2 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top