1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jul 31, 2020 at 4:35 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    Great to hear brother!

Blkvoodoo likes this.
  2. Jul 31, 2020 at 4:37 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Men, huh..always something

Blkvoodoo likes this.
  3. Jul 31, 2020 at 4:48 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    some (Most) things can’t be rushed.... hanging that metal thing in the kitchen took a lot of planning and focus to get it in the exact right spot...... and I found my stud finder.....

4. Jul 31, 2020 at 5:06 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    I'm blessed in that area, she knows more than I could ever learn

5. Aug 1, 2020 at 5:39 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    I won't do indoors either. (I think my wife would though.) Especially now that they've decided the virus can be transmitted in aerosol form. Aerosol in this case = droplets small enough to remain suspended in the air for extended periods of time, and move with air currents.

I actually gave it a little try about a month ago when our part of the state first went 'green' for the 'rona. We had ordered takeout and I went down to the restaurant and sat in the bar to wait for it. Just didn't feel right being in that room with the only person masked being behind the bar. Give me plenty of airflow please, thanks.
    I was going to ask if you felt comfortable. I think that peoples' comfort levels are going to be a major factor in how and when things move back to sorta-normal.

We met my wife's daughter and family for dinner last night. Outdoor seating at my insistence. Drove in and the parking lot was PACKED. I was already thinking "nope nope nope." But the place was very open, very spread out, and there was a nice breeze floating through. I "felt comfortable."

6. Aug 1, 2020 at 5:47 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco ---> Insert witty comment here <--- Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    We’re going out for a late dinner this evening to a small Italian place I’ve never been to. Outdoor seating and the same couple we went with last weekend. They were there two weekends ago and raved about it.
    Looking forward to it.

I’d be very uncomfortable if it was packed close-quarters and wouldn’t stay.

RearViewMirror and wdb like this.
  7. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:04 AM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona now!!!
    You will be fine...

8. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:10 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco ---> Insert witty comment here <--- Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Of course. :)

Actually haven't dined out Italian since I can't remember when...

Bring me all the Pastas! :drool:

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:13 AM
    wilcam47

Member:
    Arizona now!!!
    I love pasta...

10. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:40 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    It will be a very long time before I "personally" go back to a restaurant. Can't right now if I wanted to around here. Before this second spike, restaurants had opened back up with limited capacity. I was going down to my parents house and spending the night about 2-3 times a week because my mother is having heart issues and my dad wasn't sleeping. So I would go down and spend the night so he could get some sleep. There is a little Mexican restaurant close to them and we went in to order pick up. We waited at the front of the restaurant while the food came out. If you wanted to eat inside, you had to wear a mask until your food came out and they were seating people at a reasonable distance. But you still couldn't have gotten me to eat there. That's just a personal decision though.

I know everyone's comfort level is different but I have no idea when "I'll" feel comfortable enough to actually go back into a restaurant and sit down and eat. But I can tell you, it will be a very long time. I know there are a lot of people that want to claim that the testing isn't accurate and the numbers are skewed. But what I go by is how many people are in the ICU beds. My wife's hospital is a max capacity and all the other major hospitals in the city are running at close to max capacity. So some can try to deny the testing but it can't be denied that the hospital is at max capacity. And that happened along side the testing results. So they go hand in hand.

I want to go out to eat so bad but it will be forever before I ever feel comfortable going out to eat.

ABA180 likes this.
  11. Aug 1, 2020 at 9:16 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Are you new? See post one!!!!!! Damnit

Sorry, just really bored waiting on this storm.

wilcam47 likes this.
  12. Aug 1, 2020 at 9:18 AM
    wilcam47

Member:
    Arizona now!!!
  13. Aug 1, 2020 at 9:23 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Have four cases. I’ll be fine. Non event. Going to the bar in a bit.

wilcam47 likes this.
  14. Aug 1, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Went out to a popular local restaurant all the servers wear masks and the menu is on line; no handing out menus. Friend of mine enjoys the rapor with the gorgeous servers there, but we got in before the long weekend. Our town is a popular tourist destination, and the last long weekend we had here had an outbreak traced to tourists, several common private parties at 2 resorts, next door to each other, and two popular restaurants. 120 people infected and traced to that long weekend event, and formed the bulk of this province's uptick in cases.

wdb, CXYyuppie and wilcam47 like this.
  15. Aug 1, 2020 at 10:30 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    A few cellphone images from a local wilderness resort lodge. Tourism was doing a video/photo shoot there, and my job was to bring up some accessible equipment to hi light activities of all abilities could do.

20200730_103116.jpg
    20200730_063746.jpg
    20200730_081013.jpg
    20200730_080938.jpg

16. Aug 1, 2020 at 10:32 AM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Menus are some of the filthiest things in Resturant’s.

CXYyuppie, wilcam47 and VE7OSR like this.
  17. Aug 1, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    I could handle roughing it there. My crew would freak out if they didn't have cell service or wifi though.

18. Aug 1, 2020 at 12:29 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Yeah,no cell service, but the lodge has wifi. This is along an old railroad bed, and was a station stop at one time. New owners have cleaned the place up a lot, installed solar power, did structural repairs etc. The place was heavily protected during a bad forest fire in 2003 and survived.

G.T., Fargo Taco and CXYyuppie like this.
  19. Aug 1, 2020 at 12:34 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    I think that would be a great trip. I'll have to put this on my bucket list. I'm sure they do not want the pesky visitors from south of the border.

20. Aug 1, 2020 at 2:07 PM
    RachaelSP

RachaelSP Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Shrockworks bumper, Retrax tonneau cover
    Its easier to run with a bottle of tequila than a case of beer.

Products Discussed in

To Top