1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:24 PM
    RachaelSP

RachaelSP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Shrockworks bumper, Retrax tonneau cover
    Yes.

wilcam47 likes this.
  2. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:26 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Arizona now!!!
    VA gave my wife noise cancelling hearing aids and a noise machine plays waves or rain noise etc. Helps her sleep.

RachaelSP likes this.
  3. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:31 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    The thing about CBD that most people don't realize is for it to be effective, it HAS to have a small amount of THC in it. Just pure CBD oil is just a placebo. There are places that sell it around here and I forget exactly what the maximum amount of THC is allowed to be included with the CBD but it isn't much but it's enough to be effective. If someone tries to sell you just pure CBD just pass... It does nothing.

Saying that... I smoke weed like a motherfucker. Indica makes me sleep like a baby as long as I'm not listening to Pink Floyd with my headsets in bed.

I have it so bad that if it is completely quiet my ears ring so loud it's deafening. All of the rock concerts and huge stereos didn't help in that matter. Add all the sirens (before we had headsets) on the FD didn't help either. I have to sleep with a fan next to the bed just to drown out the noise from my ears.

It is $600 per person but it was for me, my wife, and daughter.

Blkvoodoo and wilcam47 like this.
  4. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:34 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Arizona now!!!
    Yep we have to have a fan going to. Working around aircraft and hunting i hear a constant ringing if its quiet out. I have to have something on and i still hear a ring ...

RachaelSP and RearViewMirror like this.
  5. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:35 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    ours is “pending” has been since Wednesday afternoon, apparently won’t be released until 1/4

wilcam47 and RearViewMirror like this.
  6. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:36 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Mine are horrible. If it's dead silent? It almost hurts it's so loud when they ring. But... I've got no one to blame but myself.

RachaelSP and wilcam47 like this.
  7. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:38 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I didn't even think about it. My mom called tonight and told me to check our checking account to see if it was deposited since theirs was deposited. Sure enough... it was there.

wilcam47 likes this.
  8. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:39 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Arizona now!!!
    We havent seen anything yet

9. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:42 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    I switched to a bone conduction headphone because my wife thought I’d find it easier to manage since it was one piece with no cords. What I discovered is that it doesn’t aggravate my tinnitus (which I have in 3 frequency ranges - and that is some bullshit). Amazing difference. I can hear normally through my ear canal, and the music/podcast/phone call transmits directly to the auditory nerve without interference.

These are mine. LOVE them - best headset I’ve ever had, and I’ve had the Sony and Bose noise canceling.
    https://www.amazon.com/AfterShokz-W...5G1QC5W57FE&psc=1&refRID=J238GVF0H5G1QC5W57FE
    upload_2021-1-1_21-42-51.jpg

10. Jan 1, 2021 at 7:45 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:

That's awesome. I've never even seen those before. I'll have to try those out as they look like they would help me greatly.

CaptAmerica likes this.
  11. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:01 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    They offered hearing aids but figured I can still hear well enough not to want to use them. Plus I have tragus piercings which make most earbuds a pita to use. Priorities? haha. Does the hearing aids actually cancel out the ringing? I'm interested in the noise machine... I'll have to ask about that the next time I chat with my dr. One dr back up in VT gave me an Alaskan light, but now that I'm in Florida I don't really need it.

wilcam47 likes this.
  12. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:05 PM
    wilcam47

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Arizona now!!!
    When she uses them yes. This is the sleep machine. She has it on nightly.

https://www.rehab-store.com/p-sound-oasis-tinnitus-sound-therapy-system-with-15-sounds.html

CXYyuppie and RachaelSP like this.
  13. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:24 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Not sure if that is it, but the full spectrum that I was buying does have a trace of THC in it. That was the one that I found that actually worked. Even at the doubled price, I would have bought it (because it was effective), but like with the TP, etc scarcity thanks to COVID, they ran out of the CBD before the Vermont penalty effective date kicked in. But from what I hear they backed down from CBD products... freaking "experts" realizing CBD isn't the same as the tobacco products they were targeting. When I go up there in February I'll stop by the shop and see if they have any.

I refuse to use weed as it's still a federally controlled substance, and I own firearms. My VA shrink didn't even bother asking me if I wanted to try it due to that reason. Otherwise, I'm sure it would help me out greatly. I've never tried it, so I have no idea what it would do for me.

Shooting, booms, aircraft, and loud music pretty much did mine in. Yes, I have an air filtration thing running constantly in my bedroom which seems to help a little.

Hearing test tech "Just push the button when you hear the tone..."
    Me "click, click, click
    Tech "Ma'am, only push the button when you hear a tone..."
    Me "Well I hear one..."

wilcam47 likes this.
  14. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:29 PM
    Juliet Lima

Juliet Lima Well-Known Member

Member:
    Little Rock Arkansas?

15. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:30 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    You will definitely like them! I have the waterproof ones for running and I love them. I can still hear traffic coming up behind me and even birds if I leave them low enough. They aren't loud enough to block out all the banging around at the gym but you don't have to worry about an earbud popping out. I had one of the Airpods Pro buds fall on the floor the other day... ugh! So freaking annoying.

VE7OSR, RearViewMirror and wilcam47 like this.
  16. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:37 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    wilcam47 likes this.
  17. Jan 1, 2021 at 9:54 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco O.o •_• -_- O.O Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    X2

18. Jan 1, 2021 at 10:02 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    My mom still asks how I gave up booze so "easily" (not really but I did it the first time I really tried) and still smoke. I told them I quit a couple years ago except the occasional cigar, but I smoke one or three daily.

Not yet at least but it's coming. Be really nice if they do increase it after and send another one too. $1200 doesn't even make up for what I lost off my second job and we are both still working our career jobs.

Ideally yes. I myself spent the last year's check on getting home repairs done but I did use local people at least. I also order takeout weekly from a local place which I wouldn't normally do, just trying to do my little part.

Exactly, has to have some balance there. Not sure what the balance is but I have Agent Orange..not for me though.

19. Jan 1, 2021 at 10:15 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I’m not sure what job you hold. But if they drug test with a 12 panel gas chromatograph I think even a small amount of THC will show up. You cannot fake a 12 panel gas chromatograph.

As far as pure weed goes it greatly depends on the strain you decide on. Much like trying different types of beer, wine, whiskey, etc... You have to find one that suits you. The shit they have now is not the sticks and twigs that we used to smoke when we were in high school. Some of this shit is potent as fuck. Like with anything, moderation is the key (something I've never been very good at). But once you find the right strain it can be very helpful. Finding that right strain may take a while and it affects people differently. What helps with anxiety for some, may make that same anxiety worse for others. What causes someone to just chill out may make someone else feel on edge the entire time.

Indica "generally" is what you take if you want to sleep or just chill out and watch a movie and not really do anything at all. Sativa on the other hand "generally" has the opposite effect. It's kind of weird, I can smoke a sativa strain and if I'm doing something around the house I notice the effect... but it doesn't stop me from doing what I'm doing. If I sit down and take a break? Then it will kind of surge up and I can feel more of it. But once I start doing something again it goes back down to just noticeable. Basically... don't smoke sativa if you want to sleep.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    4x4spiegel likes this.
  20. Jan 2, 2021 at 8:18 AM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Sarcasm Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    SE.LA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport DCSB - Cement
    Stuff with some other black things
    Are these sweat proof?
    Air pods and ear buds are not hearing protection so I was wondering if it is possible to wear these and still use hearing protection? I have molded ear plugs that are very comfortable and I am curious if these would work with the jawbone design.

RearViewMirror likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top