1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"40's & 50's" Midlife crisis/GTFO my lawn thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Matic, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:12 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Arizona now!!!
    Isnt there a country song about things not to talk about?

medic2230 likes this.
  2. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:15 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    I wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I, wanna talk about Number One oh my me my..

sandjunkie and wilcam47 like this.
  3. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:16 PM
    wilcam47

wilcam47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Arizona now!!!
    krap22 and VE7OSR like this.
  4. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:29 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck

30 days. I would assume so.

wilcam47 likes this.
  5. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:32 PM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Someone very close to me died a week ago from “complications due to COVID-19” as they like to say. (He was of an age appropriate for this thread if that helps.) His remains are still in the hospital morgue because the funeral home is so backed up. Also due to COVID, according to them. And yet when I look at the stats for that immediate area the numbers are quite low. Like, really really low.

Something smells funny.

wilcam47 likes this.
  6. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:36 PM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    krap22 and wilcam47 like this.
  7. Jan 14, 2021 at 5:40 PM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:

They’re probably doing work for other funeral homes.

8. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:14 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco O.o •_• -_- O.O Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Reduced to 7 days. He messaged me on FB.

wilcam47 likes this.
  9. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:15 PM
    medic2230

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:

Tell him I’m really disappointed he didn’t message me.

Silver02Taco, HomerTaco and wilcam47 like this.
  10. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:30 PM
    RachaelSP

RachaelSP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Shrockworks bumper, Retrax tonneau cover
    Definitely no whiskey, women, trucks, or beer.

wilcam47 likes this.
  11. Jan 14, 2021 at 8:04 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    ive been watching autotrader looking at Venza specifically, went to first dealer that had 3 listed, all sold over the weekend, listing still up. Called second dealer, they still had theirs. Financing I just let dealer work, basically told them if they could beat our CU go for it, we ended up with our CU. Only financed half only to build wife’s credit a bit it’s been awhile since she’s had anything in her name alone.

12. Jan 14, 2021 at 8:14 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    It'll probably be gone by the time I get up there, but a Vermont dealer has a RAV for sale. Not sure if I want to buy anything up there though, even if it has been undercoated thoroughly. But if I see something up there, that is totally rust-free I might bite. Leave the Tacoma behind for my folks if they want it or find a buyer. Doubt they'd give me much for trade-in. Or just drive it up there, get it back down here and look around some more, and hope it makes the round trip as is.

The Venza is a pretty decent looking car too. But having the Tacoma for 15 years I feel a bit weird getting into anything lower, the RAV is about as low as I really want to go. Of course, if I get a Vette it's going to take a while getting used to sitting on the ground again.

13. Jan 14, 2021 at 8:22 PM
    Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo a Hooka smoking caterpillar has given me the call

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Near Clayton NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 DCSB, '97 4Runner SR5 5spd
    im a 6’4” walrus, so getting into a low slung car is always an issue. I have to wedge myself in the corner of the door on the Tacoma, to get in and out, ironically, same deal with a Tundra. Venza just sit down and rotate in, not so bad. First entry was awkward as I haven’t had anything that low in a while.
    Perfect for the wife, she was tired of climbing into the Tacoma, and the 4RUNNER, she just slides right i and sits almost as high as the Tacoma.

CaptAmerica and wilcam47 like this.
  14. Jan 14, 2021 at 8:33 PM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    The RAVs don't seem to have the rust issues our trucks do, at least not in my random sampling.

You'd be silly to trade yours, if you want to sell it go private. Better yet, sell it up here if it's not as rusty as others you'll get a good price.

I do like the Venza, my friend's wife had one. The Rav you might be surprised, Cupcake didn't notice any difference in getting in/out of it versus her Tacoma.

15. Jan 14, 2021 at 9:42 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    I'm almost 5'9" (lost over an inch in the last few years, WTF?), the only thing about the Tacoma is the wearing point where I slide in and out over, which I'm sure all of them with fabric seats have an issue with. My MR2 was about perfect, the seat was fully rearward up against the Bazooka tubes I had in there, but know some guys that were taller than 6' cramming themselves into their MR2s. I think I have an idea how they feel whenever I drive with heels over an 1" tall, its awkward.

My roommate is an Amazon, shes like 6'3-4" and has issues getting into most cars including my Tacoma. Shes found the door opening of Subaru Foresters work best for her. Subes are okay, but meh... their seats suck, and them saying its normal for some of their engines to burn a quart of oil in between oil changes is BS.

Tundras are nice, it would open up more options for me to tow a bigger boat or RV but for a daily driver they are just way too big. Parking the Tacoma can be a hassle as it is. Like if you go down to Key West and have to park your car in a back parking spot its extremely tight with a small car or SUV, like on Duval Street. The parking is limited and crammed. The RAV or similar sized SUV would be easy.

wilcam47 likes this.
  16. Jan 14, 2021 at 9:55 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    If I do buy something up there I'd most likely just give it to my stepfather. He could probably use it for working on the house, getting to work, recycling runs, etc rather than using their car for everything. Only thing he doesn't like about it is the manual tranny. Or asking my sister's bf to bring his truck over. And then if I fly back up there there would be two vehicles, one which I could use. After my mom retired they decided not to replace the RAV he used to have, which he had given to my sister which she used for a trade in. He has two more years before he is going to retire, hes 12 years younger than my mom. Give him the option of using their car and the truck towards a new car when they are ready for one. Hes done a lot of my sister and I ever since they hooked up, even gave me his old 79 Capri when I was in high school. And hes put up with all the BS I've been going through in the last decade, you know most of that story.

I might look at another limited RAV they have at the same dealership, its a white one, I'd prefer red, but its otherwise the same year, etc. 4k less miles. An extra $2k.

wilcam47 likes this.
  17. Jan 14, 2021 at 9:58 PM
    RachaelSP

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachael
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
  18. Jan 14, 2021 at 10:00 PM
    Silver02Taco

Silver02Taco A dude that don't abide...

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    San Jose, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2002 Xtra-Cab 4x4, V6, SR-5, TRD Off-Road
    Relentless Fab Front & Rear Bumpers and Skid Plates Bay Area Metal Fab Sliders, Rear Shock Relocation Kit & Bed Rack Total Chaos Fab UCA's, Shock Tower, Spindle & Cam-Tab Gussets ADS Ø2.5's w/Resi's on all four corners. Lots of other stuff...
    Break a Leg!! :D

No, really... don't.

:luvya:

HomerTaco likes this.
  19. Jan 14, 2021 at 10:04 PM
    Silver02Taco

Silver02Taco A dude that don't abide...

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    San Jose, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2002 Xtra-Cab 4x4, V6, SR-5, TRD Off-Road
    Relentless Fab Front & Rear Bumpers and Skid Plates Bay Area Metal Fab Sliders, Rear Shock Relocation Kit & Bed Rack Total Chaos Fab UCA's, Shock Tower, Spindle & Cam-Tab Gussets ADS Ø2.5's w/Resi's on all four corners. Lots of other stuff...
    wilcam47 likes this.
  20. Jan 15, 2021 at 4:10 PM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    Mine has that same fabric wear and I sit down into mine..so yeah. I saw a guy 6 foot 4 and not an ounce under 300 in a MR2 at a car auction, 1985 or 86 year. I have a pair of 12s behind my seat and it's just enough room.

Yes definitely at least drive it and see if you like it, I bet you would. I like the idea of the donation..

wilcam47 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top