1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4Runner Master Cylinder for Rear Disc Brakes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blandino, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Nov 20, 2017 at 3:04 PM
    Blandino

Blandino [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damien
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab Tacoma
    Whistle Tip Exhaust
    Does anyone know if the 4runner master cylinder designed for disc/disc is a direct replacement for a manual transmission 2nd gen? When I had the axles out for the locker install & re-gear I threw some 4runner discs/calipers on the rear. I'm about to bypass the ABS actuator since I leave the fuse out anyways. Figured while I was running the new plumbing and installing the proportioning valves I'd put the correct master cylinder in at the same time.

Searched around for a bit and found some adapters for the Sequoia master cylinder from SOS Performance, but I'd prefer just to run 4Runner cylinder since I have identical brakes.

[​IMG]

https://sosperformance.com/products/2005-2017-toyota-tacoma-master-cylinder

2. Dec 21, 2017 at 8:43 AM
    Bobber Bill

Bobber Bill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Daily Driver
    I have the SOS Performance master cylinder upgrade kit and I don't recommend it, unless you're able and willing to modify it to work properly.

The pushrod adapter was too long and would not let my brakes release pressure so the brakes were slammed on constantly. I had to modify the pushrod adapter to work properly. It seems to be working fine now, but it took a few tries.

Products Discussed in

To Top