1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4WD Front End Bad Vibration

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by malcolmpless, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Mar 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    malcolmpless

malcolmpless [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Malcolm
    Provo, UT
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35's
    I have done my due diligence and searched to see if I could find anyone else that had this problem, but haven't been able to come across anything with the same issue.

I have a 6" Trail Master Diff Drop Lift (I know, it's a pile of crap). In four wheel drive it shakes hard in the front end, real hard. It starts up from a dead start, calms down a little around 12-15 mph, and then gets progressively worse from there out. It gets so bad around 25 or 30 I don't dare go any faster. It goes in and out of 4WD just fine, I will be going 25 in 4WD pull it back to 2WD and it pops right out, not grinding or banging and vibration instantly stops. Put it back from 2WD to 4WD going 25 it slips right in, no banging, but instantly starts shaking really bad. What in the heck is going on, any ideas?

2. Mar 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    toyotadan98

toyotadan98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wa
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OFFROAD 4X4 ACC
    howabout the angle of your driveline?? pinion bearing possible?? i hate haveing problems i can't find the answer for.could even be the transfer case because it engages when you pop it in 4x, but no vibe when in 2 wheel, thats wierd.

3. Mar 3, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    goomba

goomba It is a Fluid Situation

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    San Antonio Fl
    Vehicle:
    96 White Ex. Cab Tacoma TRD 4X4
    3" lift Up front(Donahoe Racing ext. travel coil overs, Camburg UCA's), 1.5-2" lift in the back(aal and some billy 10" stroke short bodies), Bushwhacker Cut-Out fender flairs, 16"x10" Procomp Street locks, and 305/70 Procomp X-Terrains.
    I would check your u joints. I had to replace mine due to the same thing. Now I have a little vibe and that is due to worn out needle bearings(in the front diff) and CV axles.

To Top