1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4wheelparts.com & pro comp what are they thinking?!?!?

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by stunt man hans, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Dude , just get the OME kit

Done

2. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i would if i could afford it:eek: i spent all the money i had saved up for this and then some. i would have done things a little differently if i was going to go with the ome kit due to it's slightly higher cost. this build was on a strict budget from the start. even though it may not seem that way lol.

3. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    This ^

4. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I understand , but at this point you NEED to remove the lift which means you need to remove your tires .

You will be paying someone to re- install your stock stuff anyway , the only difference will be the cost of the OME stuff , correct ?

You could put your refund from the Procomp towards the purchase of the OME kit

5. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    like for instance i would have waited on the 470 dollar set of led lights on the new light bar if i was going to go the ome route. but its all pointless seeing as i can't afford the installation cost any ways.

i refuse to have the 800 dollars i just spent on the original install just go down the drain buy a new lift and end up installing that one my self. that plan is nfg and would let them get off the hook completely.

i want to be the one to show them that when they screw somebody over like this there are going to be consequences. trust me i would love to turn back the clock and get the full ome 3inch lift but, now this is my situation.

6. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Well , good luck to you then

7. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    NoDrAmA357HK

NoDrAmA357HK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica DBL CAB 4x4 TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp w/ AAL, 17x9 -6 Offset 4.75 Backspace Pro Comp 7033, LT285/70/17, Xtreme M/T Pro Comp - 67285
    Can't you just replace the Coils/Springs? I'm just asking...I would think that would be a cheaper alternative?

8. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yeah no i understand but, i don't have the funds to pay for anything right now. i guess i could take out a nice bank loan :taco: thats the only way this is going to happen now. i'm not driving the truck so it's just hanging out in the drive way. we have two cars so we can make it work for a few weeks until we figure something out.

this thread was to help them see that i'm not just going to go away. sorry if it's a thread of negative crap i'm not trying to upset anyone just hoping they see this and fix it for me. if they screw me over completely i'm probably going to have to get spacers to run sell the pro comp lift and then save up over the next few months but, that would just suck.:(

9. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    You could always take a trip to Atlantic City!!!

10. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yes sure i could but, they still want me to pay labor which would cost almost 365 it looks like and the coils they offered me are 885 coils from ome.

i know the shocks are made by monroe in different parts of the world pc shocks usa and mexico and ome's nitro charger's are made in australia. the problem is the valving is very different it would ride like shitthe pro comp shocks are valved for a 720+# spring rate i would be installing ome's medium duty coils that is substantially less i would not want to be the guinea pig with that shit.

plus they refuse to address the rear end. dude the rear is just as high. the factory rake is at most 1 inch right when i measured my truck before the instal i was about 3/4 of an inch rake.

if i replaced the front coils alone the back would sit twice as high as it did from the factory. i would not be happy with that no one would.

the bull bar would work as well seeing as how we did a test the other day and it lowered the front of the truck a 1/4 inch and that ws missing about 70 pounds on the actual bumper.

11. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    haha i was just there with my sister she turned 21 it was awesome:)

12. Jul 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The rear probably hasn't settled yet. Mine was higher at first, then it settled and the lift looked even. As for the front, yeah probably not gonna settle out that much more. Like I offered previously, I've got lift, and or wheels for ya if you want, and can help with the labor. I'm sure there are a couple of other guys around here that wouldn't mind givin ya a hand. There is a meet near Quakertown,PA on the 24th, look in the north east threads for it. I'm sure we could put something together where we got a couple a guys doin stuff on your truck and it be done in less than an hour. Then BEER TIME:yay::cheers:

13. Jul 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    Blacktacoma23

Blacktacoma23 If your tires don't rub you can fit bigger tires

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mall Crawler/84'
    6" BDS DB, 37", Dirt King, Total chaos UCA's w/ Heims, Fox c/o's, 4-banger fenders, 37" Nittos, 4.88 w/ rear ARB, AP Expos, 17x9 Method beadlocks, cab mount relocation, "Insain fab" tub, 5% tint, 10" Rockford Fosgates, Magnaflow 18" custom catback exhaust, AFE intake, Trail Gear bumper, Crown brake lines F/R
    That sucks man [​IMG]

14. Jul 17, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    NoDrAmA357HK

NoDrAmA357HK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Timberland Mica DBL CAB 4x4 TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp w/ AAL, 17x9 -6 Offset 4.75 Backspace Pro Comp 7033, LT285/70/17, Xtreme M/T Pro Comp - 67285
    Point taken, That really sux you got mis-leaded in thinkin that setup was made for your RIG...

My advice....start a spreadsheet with the dollar figures of parts and labor....write a letter to both Pro Comp and 4WheelParts on your ordeal....take before and after pics as documentation and send it up....kinda sux that you have to be the one to have this happen.....hopefully if the companies understand you can get compensated.....for example: find out what a small loan with interest is to complete the install the right way....send them a quote....maybe they will send you a check to repay the loan with interest??? You never know....I would call the Better Business Bureau...http://www.bbb.org/

15. Jul 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i was going to give mr. adler the ceo of 4wp's until monday to respond with a solution. if i do not hear from him by end of business day monday i will call the bbb first thing tuesday morning and lodge a formal complaint against them in great detail.

then i will contact the lawyer who is running the class action law suit against them and see if i can put my name on the rolls so down the line i can possibly get my money back.

16. Jul 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    lol i know right it's not looking good for me here dude. how much lift did you get from your kit? i modeled my truck after yours in a few way's so i figured i would ask.

17. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    So you going to write your story on here then?

18. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    what:confused: i'm not complaining about having a harsh ride dude.. i'm complaining about getting almost 5 inches of lift and it possibly fucking my whole truck up. also and no offense your a random guy on tw. i had been going back and forth with a few guys on here at that point about the pro comp lift including pro comps own tech dept. twice before i had it installed.

i asked the guy at pro comp about the spring rates i was told by their own tech dept. that the stiffer spring rate would have nothing to do with ride height only stiffness in the ride. i thought that would be ok seeing as how if i did ever want to run an after market bumper it would not sag the front. i actually thought i would be good it would leave my options open a bit.

this is also my first suspension lift ever on any truck so i went ahead and did a lot of research but, i'm by no means an expert on the matter lol. there technicians should have been able to clarify any questions or concerns right?

19. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    yeah they will probably just block it because they won't want negative stuff clogging their page but, its worth a shot until someone notices it regardless it won't look good for them. what else can i do to bring it to their attention:confused:

20. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    Blacktacoma23

Blacktacoma23 If your tires don't rub you can fit bigger tires

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mall Crawler/84'
    6" BDS DB, 37", Dirt King, Total chaos UCA's w/ Heims, Fox c/o's, 4-banger fenders, 37" Nittos, 4.88 w/ rear ARB, AP Expos, 17x9 Method beadlocks, cab mount relocation, "Insain fab" tub, 5% tint, 10" Rockford Fosgates, Magnaflow 18" custom catback exhaust, AFE intake, Trail Gear bumper, Crown brake lines F/R
    Before my UCA's around 4" now its down around 3"

To Top