1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4Wheelparts ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BenJammn5, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dec 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    So I installed a set of DSM's new UCA's the other day in the garage-I know this thread is worthless w/o pics, but not the purpose right now. I'll post the UCA's in a new thread later. At any rate, I call up 4wheelparts for kicks to see what they offer in terms of alignment. Okay, just for the upper arms, not adjusting the lower arms, messing with the caster, toe and camber, it totaled $120.00!! Uhhh... WTF? I asked for a mini discount like some kinda holiday special, negatory. Guys, I understand alignment to some degree as I've messed with my truck quit a bit. I've had the alignment knocked out 5, FIVE times from banging on it too hard, and every place I've taken it to has never charged greater than $100.

4WP guy on the other line: "Well, we make all the adjustments, drive the truck, we have a laser guided machine for precision, and unlike your dealership, we don't just adjust to 'factory' specs. Dealers will align your truck, and if it's still pulling they will not correct it."

I didn't say this but thought: BS, my dealer adjusted my alignment to my mods (coilovers, camburg UCA), they dialed in extra caster and the truck rode great. They did test drive it and continued to make adjustments until perfect. Yes, most dealers will only align to fac. spec, but depending on your service manager and your relationship with that person, you can get a lot more. I paid $65.

Also I needed 4WP to remove the balljoints from the camburg arms as I will be selling them. I know they have the tools, and the guy quoted me for $50. Said it would take over 30 minutes to remove. Really? I have a real hard time believing this.

Final step, went to firestone and bought a LIFETIME alignment for $179. Anything that happens to the truck, off road, accident, big jump, deer, your mom, whatever, they will align the truck to proper specs. I know it's a lot to read, sorry I was just frustrated and wished people could see that big service operations like 4WP can rip off ignorant people. The majority of their products are good quality and yes they do have good sales on certain brands from time to time, but most of the "lifts" including ProComp, Fabtech, Superlift, etc, are just plain over priced. DO YOUR RESEARCH IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO BUY OR ALIGN OR DO ANYTHING TO YOUR TRUCK, it will save you a lot of money.

2. Dec 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    raswank

raswank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    That is why I don't order even a spark plug from them. They suck.

3. Dec 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    AZtacoma05

AZtacoma05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Ya I will never shop at 4WP again.. I got my lift there about a month ago during their install sale and after over charging me by $700 (When I figured it out they fixed it) they scratched my front DS fender. When i took it back to them the next morning after picking it up the blew me off and told me it was like that when they go it (BS as it was a large white gash that I would have for sure noticed). My buddy also was regearing his ranger at the same time and they almost over charged him then it took them 2 weeks to get the gears in. When he took his truck in they did the rear gears and then realized they ordered the wrong ones for the front. When they called him they told him he called in and changed the order and it was his fault that the wrong ones got ordered! They then kept his truck for another week until the new gears came in and he had to make multiple phone calls to corporate until the regional manger finally gave him $100 card.. not enough IMO.

4. Dec 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    I got a lifetime at my toyota dealer for 180 bucks. they sent a letter in the mail

5. Dec 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Dang, that's rough. I just got a coupon in the mail the other day from my dealer for a $45 alignment.

6. Dec 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    Huh. They must have a lot of variability from store to store, because my local 4WP charged me $60 for an alignment after I installed my 5100's. :notsure:

7. Dec 1, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    BenJammn5

BenJammn5 [OP] RN

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD-Off Road PreRunner
    TRD cat-back with Spintech prostreet muffler, AFE Pro dry S intake, 16" SCS F-5, 3.5 BS, 305/70 GT Radial MT, King extended travel front/rear, 2" add-a-leaf, Maxtrack Spindles, Sway bar delete, DSM UCA, All Pro IFS skid, Cab mount chop, bed cab locks, Black badges, cali raised amber LED fogs, 6K FX-R Morimoto projectors with 55watt ballast, fog mod, cheap rear dust lamp from autozone, Hellas 500 behind grill, Color match Satoshi Grill, Hood scoop, rear bumper by BTF, color matched Glassworks bed caps, Wet Okole seat covers
    Suck. Yea $100 wouldn't cut it for me either. These guys just try to rip off poor ignorant people to get their $$$$. I have a feeling off road warehouse is the same, although I've only used them to order a new shaft for my sway a way shock, I never used their actual services like install etc. Dude w/ the Ranger must have been piissssed

Good deal, don't think mine has that. How's that supercharger? gotta be awesomeness when you floor it
    45 aint bad for a 1 time deal.
    Whhhaaat?

8. Dec 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    2010whitetaco

2010whitetaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gaston
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    single cab 5-lug
    ReadyLift 2 3/4 front 1 3/4 rear universal armrest Texas Rangers decal 235/75/15 Goodyear Duratracs Kobalt Slim Line Compact Truck Tool Box Secondary air filter removed TOYOTA decal on tailgate
    4Wheel parts sucks!!! They ripped me off to for about 140 bucks:mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top