1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5.6" front lift, Need help deciding on rear lift to level me out

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KJaikaran, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Jan 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    2011 Tacoma DCSB
    Just ordered a set of Maxtrac spindles and i heed some help on deciding what option i can go with to have a leveled look with the addition of the spindles with my current set up.

Current Setup

Front:
    Bilstein 5100 Set at .85 (will set at 0 when installing spindles)
    Eibach springs 1.6 lift.

Rear:
    Bilstein 5100 for regular 2" lift
    Toytec 1.5 aal

When spindles are installed i will be adjusting the Bilsteins to 0 setting and still using the Eibach springs. So that should give me about 5.6" lift if i'm correct.

Rear suspension options so far:

All-Pro Standard Duty Leaf Springs 3" lift (might need blocks, whats your opinion on possibly adding 1.5" block)

All-Pro Expedition Leaf Springs 4" lift (mixed reviews on ride quality without weight in bed. some say its stiff, others say they like how it rides, or once you have weight in the back it rides really good so i'm kind of confused on how it truly rides)

Use stock 1.5 aal, and add 2 inch block (prob ride like crap, if anyone is using a setup like this please fill me in on the ride quality and if you have run into any issues.)

If i was using my stock springs i would know which route to go with and wouldn't be asking. Please don't tell me to go search because i have. I have found a lot of threads with the Mextrac spindles and have gone through them. I'm not looking for the "bro lean" at all which i have seen a lot of. i rather be a tad bit higher in the rear than bro lean. I did find some leveled out, but they were either using stock springs with the all pro standard 3" lift, or using big blocks in the back. I have overall seen a ton of different setups and just not sure on which will best suite a leveled look with the addition 1.6" lift in front with the eibachs.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jan 30, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    you should be fine w a 1.5 block just make sure you get the tapered block

3. Jan 30, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Custom built leaf springs like from Alcans.

4. Jan 31, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    I actually ended up changing up my whole suspension setup just to be able to get a leveled look with the spindles without any blocks, and a good ride quality.

New front:
    Icon extended coilivers (can adjust to give me the leveled look I want.)
    Icon uni ball UCA
    Maxtrac spindles

Rear:
    RCD bilstein extended travel shocks (should be in stock mid feb for order from DSM)
    All-pro expo leaf pack. (Back orders. I'll install these and spindles at the same time)

Products Discussed in

To Top