1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 lug bilsteins give lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JoeRags27, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Jul 19, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 [OP] Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    08' Tacoma 5-spd Blacked Out
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index....cted_year=2008

Anyone know if these will add any height on their own? Just wondering how integrating these into the FatBoBs kit minus the 8000 series shocks from fatbobs will work out? or if i should just go with an AAL, these Bilsteins and maybe a spacer on the front for now...(essentially a fatbobs kit but with better shocks/struts...not doing any offroading whatsoever so save the "dont do a spacer" talk lol...i have plenty of friends who run spacers who strictly drive street and they have been fine for years....and I have seen the CAMBURG write up on what happens with a spacer lift and it is obvious those were demolished under extreme conditions and with serious offroading, no way metal gets scrapped like that without beating the fu*k out of your truck:rolleyes: haha.....saving up for a TC control arms/FOX-SAW 2.5" coilovers with TRD shocks and the FatBobs Longer AAL in rear :D...so im going to go the right route just not yet lol let me know what you think!??

2. Jul 19, 2011 at 3:03 AM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    BUMPAGE FOR SOME IDEASSSS

3. Jul 19, 2011 at 4:27 AM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
  4. Jul 19, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    If I had a 4x2 I'd do a spindle lift and AAL.

Cheers.

5. Jul 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    They do not make a spindle lift for 2nd gen 5 lugs...only for 1st gens...that would have been my first option other than going with the TC LT kit and SAW coilovers...sure i could have a spindle lift fabricated but that would be just as expensive as going TC

Products Discussed in

To Top