1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 lug General BS Thread

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by 5 Lug Fury, May 2, 2016.

1. May 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    5 Lug Fury

5 Lug Fury [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    This is a place for General 5 lug BS'ing

2. May 2, 2016 at 4:18 PM
    TacomaZL

TacomaZL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L
    WeatherTech Floor Mats; 15" Cragar Black "D" Window Wheels; Custom Center Caps; 235/75/R15 Goodyear Radial Wranglers; "TOYOTA" Tailgate Decal; Magnetic Tool Storage (in Cabin); Stant Locking Gas Cap; Salex Glove box Organizer Debadged; BHLM; Aftermarket Fog lights; FlashWolves 1000 Lumen Reverse lights; DEPO Black LED Tail lights; Differential Extended Breather Mod; FalconZero F170HD+ Dashcam; Scosche MagicMount; Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Pickup Tonneau Cover;
    Glad we now have a place to shoot the shit, you got finals Atskune? You're in college right....?

3. May 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Yeah just finished mine yesterday
    :bananadead:

I had time to put some relatively new (15k miles) shocks in the rear today and replaced my driver side mirror lol Hopefully later this week I'll have time to rebolt my skid plate in

4. May 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Frederick County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 lug single cab
    Have you guys done anything to make your trucks more comfortable?

5. May 13, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Changing the cluster color helped a lot
    Having a Bluetooth module in my aux port is nice... no cables to rip out (ask me how I know).
    Also adding a 10'' sub added some depth to the music since the only speakers are in the doors.

I have heard of people putting washers between the bench seat bolts making it incline a little.
    Different shocks will help ride comfort
    Adding LED pods helps visibility

It all depends on what you consider comfort :D

6. May 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM
    Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Frederick County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 lug single cab
    I've only done the intermediate wipers and bluetooth. But its getting a little old now.

7. May 14, 2016 at 3:09 PM
    HackD

HackD Marching to the Beat of a Different Drum

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, eh?
    Vehicle:
    2010 Base 4x2, 2.7L, 5 speed manual 5-lug Slug
    Gone over the Top for a 5-lug..
    Interior/comfort wise, mine is still evolving.

Working with existing Kenwood DD aftermarket with bluetooth.
    Have bluetooth dongle for OBD-II port, for Tablet running Torque.
    Ram mounts, Tech deck keep things in place.
    Running in of rearview camera pending.
    Changed out interior lighting to LED superwhite bulb kit.
    Did the intermittent wiper thing - a must have, for the don't have.

Still need to do a final run-in of wiring front to back for existing/pending additions/changes.
    When panels are out of interior to do wiring, I also want to sound-proof/dynamat the spaces.
    Might change out speakers on an as-needed basis. My overall quality of hearing isn't all that great, so no miracles need to be performed over what's there now.
    Have a couple of amps kicking around.. might look at them to incorporate, somehow or somewhere while i'm at it.
    Looking at higher end seat covers eventually. Existing seats are fine in form and function for my tall and skinny frame. They are, however, starting to stain and get a bit tired looking after 5 years of service.
    Looking into mild window tinting.
    I'm OCD about everything needing to be in place.. including correct switches, and functional utility. I don't need fancy, just need right. Working on that now.

I plan to have mine for quite a few years yet, if possible. Reality of the economies of daily living makes that a necessity. Making it comfortable, is part of making it not get old. JMHO.

Got mine out of the auto-body shop on Friday - They repaired the tail-gate perfectly. Cost about $1000.00 to insurance. The other vehicle got northward of $7k in front end damage. The auto-body shop cleaned it inside and out to within an inch of it's life.. i'm kind of ashamed that i gave it to them in the condition it was...

B ill y likes this.
  8. May 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM
    B ill y

B ill y Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner Trd OR, 1997 FZJ80,1985 FJ60
    COMFORTABLE . Well I started with the wiper switch, adding the cruise, a misimoto fan to the condenser so the ac would be colder at idle (long term parking lot sitting). Insulated the ceiling behind the headliner it's (foil,bubble,foil,bubble,foil) and it reduced the heat by 50% and the ac works better . Added a insulated dash cover to make ac work better. Hot dash less cold air. For me FAST COLD AC is GOD in FLORIDA. With that shit done the ac is 10 times better . And added 100lbs of dinomat the 100mil stuff to insulate the floor and walls,roof . The whole inside And I bought it to keep the bass in and road noise out. Window tint, new radio that is Idata linked to trucks ecu so I can read the ecu and see the shit threw the 8" touchscreen . (alpine X008U) and the Idata link modular. Look it up its a sweet deck > It pretty neat it can read codes and show you gauges and shit. And new speakers but that's needed in every vehicle. They always suck stock. So now the inside is nice and dark, and cold, and quiet, and the music is comfortable. You can listen to it ...not just hear it.

9. May 15, 2016 at 8:12 AM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol

:worthless:
    Being in south florida you have my intrest with the fan on the ac condenser. I already plan on putting some 80mil deadener on the doors

10. May 15, 2016 at 10:03 AM
    B ill y

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Does that mean you want pics . If so . Of what. The fan.

11. May 15, 2016 at 10:16 AM
    TacomaZL

TacomaZL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L
    WeatherTech Floor Mats; 15" Cragar Black "D" Window Wheels; Custom Center Caps; 235/75/R15 Goodyear Radial Wranglers; "TOYOTA" Tailgate Decal; Magnetic Tool Storage (in Cabin); Stant Locking Gas Cap; Salex Glove box Organizer Debadged; BHLM; Aftermarket Fog lights; FlashWolves 1000 Lumen Reverse lights; DEPO Black LED Tail lights; Differential Extended Breather Mod; FalconZero F170HD+ Dashcam; Scosche MagicMount; Tyger Auto Tri-Fold Pickup Tonneau Cover;
    What's everyone up to?

12. May 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    I'm mainly curious of how you have it wired. No joke this'll probably be one of my next mods lol Also does the fan cover only half of the condenser?

13. May 16, 2016 at 4:05 AM
    B ill y

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    The switch with the fan on it. Is to turn the fan on . the fan is mounted on the left side . I used a 12" fan. The switch was 30 buck from eBay . It's wired with a relay . + from fan to + on relay, + from relay to + on battery, ground the fan , ground the relay, relay trigger wire to switch, ground switch, power switch from ignition like a radio. (12volt . Com ) has relay diagrams . I don't remember the relay numbers or I would say I did this a year and a half ago. A pre wired fog light kit would be the same wiring. Just a fan instead of light. I didn't set it up to turn on at a higher temp. It just to get moving air a idle. It helps with the coolant temp at idle though. If you want a temp controller I know of good little one with a digital screen that will fit in the switch spot but you will have to use the power mirror hole. And there 80 bucks 30 for the sensor and are hard to hookup .but are sweet.
    Search at eBay push switch 873g maybe add Tacoma. But there only 3amp you have to have a relay to power fan.
    image.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    HackD and 5 Lug Fury[OP] like this.
  14. May 16, 2016 at 4:07 AM
    B ill y

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    That is the bracket had to make . For left side of fan. Right side and top were able to mount on truck.

image.jpg

5 Lug Fury[OP] likes this.
  15. May 16, 2016 at 4:12 AM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    ^^^^ so what do those other switches do 0_o

16. May 16, 2016 at 4:27 AM
    B ill y

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Top left switch fog lights, top middle arb compressor . Right top arb locker switch it's actually a hilux rear diff lock switch but I like it better then the taco switch. Cause of the pic. The bottom red are volt meters ignition controlled ,bottom center is peel out stopper, bottom right is auto charging switch for battery's . It's an auto setup but that's the switch to manual control it. Very bottom red is a break controller trailer brakes.

HackD likes this.
  17. May 16, 2016 at 4:37 AM
    5 Lug Fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    V8 5 lug
    Got a lot of stuff lol
    Arb locker :drool:

You've got a pretty chill setup :thumbsup:

B ill y likes this.
  18. May 16, 2016 at 6:14 PM
    SleazyPetey

SleazyPetey Popeyes > KFC

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab
    Billy, can you explain to me what the ARB lockers are?

19. May 17, 2016 at 3:50 AM
    B ill y

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Its only one. The rear. We don't have a front axle. It just makes the wheels spin at same time with force. I got it cause. When I back up with a trailer say full of yard debris in grass or off road. The one wheel will spin no grip maybe not flat surface or to much weight on one side of truck. So I push button and presto the other tire now has grip and starts making truck move. There's a more technical way to describe it but that's really the only reason I got it for. It helps on inclines or hill if your peeling out trying to go up a hill push button and it should allow you to go up hill. Truth be told it's nice but has issues it leaks oil at compressor . I called east coast gear and they said it was my diff breather not working and pressure would buildup and cause the oil to leak at compressor. So I changed the breather cleaned it all of oil . Blew the air line out . Made it new again . And 2 months later it leaks again. And I checked breather valve and it is still good. I even made the breather hose longer. So now I'm kinda mad . Cause I figured for a grand this thing should be no issues. I read it might have a bad seal on locker. It's like 9 moths old. And was installed in 3rd member by east coast gear . So if it's the seal . I have to mail the hole 3rd member back. That's a bullshit task. Putting the old one back for a few weeks then putting the new back in . That's bullshit. I'm thinking of buying the Toyota axle with the electric locker and using my 5lug axle shafts. To keep my rims. I should have done that instead but I was cheap.

SleazyPetey likes this.
  20. May 17, 2016 at 5:25 PM
    Rolis12

Rolis12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rolis12
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 5lug access auto
    Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark 31's. F.B's 2.75" spacer, TRD rear shocks, stub antenna, ripped out charcoal filter added AFE dry, Chrome grille, upgraded to SR5 sun visors, variable wipers, backup camera, HID DDM 35w 5000kv, ebay fogs w/yellow LEDs.
    Got these 2015 jeep rims and like new tires for $100. Should i put them on :)
    255/70/18
    * EDIT never mind! they're 5x5 bolt pattern!*

Last edited: May 17, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top