1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 lugger lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PnoyBOS5, Feb 20, 2010.

1. PnoyBOS5

PnoyBOS5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Maxtrac 4'' Spindes -Bilsteins 5100 @ 1.75" - All Pro Expo Leaf Pack - Extended Rear Shocks - PC 5001 wheels - 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs - Debadged -Red emblem - AFE Pro Dry-S Filter
    i got a 1997 tacoma lx 5 lugger 4 clynder.. i want to add 2.5- 3 in lift, i dont care how... spacers, suspension, anything... but when i look for some i only find rear end lift, and then front end lift only???

can someone find me a combination for front end lift and rear end so i can get a 2.5 - 3 in lift so i can look level.

much appreciated

2. afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
  3. PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Maxtrac 4'' Spindes -Bilsteins 5100 @ 1.75" - All Pro Expo Leaf Pack - Extended Rear Shocks - PC 5001 wheels - 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs - Debadged -Red emblem - AFE Pro Dry-S Filter
    ty, is it possible i buy front end lift , seperate from rear end ?

i see those and it seems cheaper, although i couldnt find a price on the fabtech site

4. nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
  5. PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    nelson ty alot thats exactly what i am looking for ... from that website i chose this one

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS41307.html?id=bV6GPot9

my question is .. it says select rear shocks, rear lift, front shocks... do i just need rear and front shocks to lift it? or do i need rear lift as well? ....

if i need all 3 why do i need only a rear lift not a front one! thanks alot

6. nelson18matt

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    from that lift you selected the 3" spindle is the front lift. then below you have the drop down boxes to choose extra stuff to go along with it. to lift the back you will need the AAL (add-a-leaf) and the longer rear shocks. it prob wouldn't hurt to replace the front shocks either if you got the extra $90.

if you can wait i'd say save up some more $ and get either the full 6" kit or the control arm and coil kit. those are better lifts but of coure more $$$.

you can get the control arm kit and then later on get the spindle kit and add it to the control arm kit and then you'll have the full 6" or you can go with spindle kit (the one you posted the link to" and then later down the road get the control arm and coil kit.

7. Acill

Acill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Stock no frills
    Why cant I find a kit like this for the gen 2 5 luggers? The ready lift if nice, but a complete one like this would be so much better.

8. afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Agreed, but so far I don't think anyone has made a spindle type lift for the 2nd gen 5 luggers. :( Your choices are spacers (Readylift, Fat Bob's), TC UCA mid travel (requires SAW or Icon coilovers), or TC long travel ($$$). That seems to be about it.

9. nelson18matt

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    yup, not much 2nd gen 5 lug after market support out there...

To Top