1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50+ thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CVYota, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Feb 27, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    This amp was $900. The speakers were about $850 for two pair. The subwoofer was $499. The integration unit that makes the amp compatible with the OEM head unit was $350. Sound deadening was $350. Cost of wiring, installation, and taxes make up the rest. Incredible stereo sound for many years... not priceless like in the credit card commericals but worth the money to me. :)

TownvilleTim likes this.
  2. Feb 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM
    TownvilleTim

TownvilleTim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Townville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 ACLB SR5 2.7L 2015 DCSB SR5 V6 4x4
    TRD Pro Suspension, SOS sliders, SR8 Wheels, Duratracs, ARE shell
    It's a dual connector, too.

3. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:11 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Wasn't ragging on ya at all. Just I was suprised on the cost.
    Last radio stuff I bought years ago cost like 50 bucks. New head unit I looked at last month was 250.
    Talk about being out of the loop.
    I agree on prioritizing. I think I base it on use. Love music and use it everyday. Dam right. Go for it.
    I can buy a bigger, fancier bike. I use it 5 months a year. Not worth it. My boat ,same way.
    I bought it 20 years ago. It would be a cool to have a big ass 70 mph boat and store 20 rods. But, I can get to places those big ones can't.
    90 bucks on shoes ? Are u nuts ? ROFLMAO..... Post pics when you have it installed.
    I'm still debating on a new head unit. I want a usb front port and blue tooth for phone calls.
    Plus any new head unit will be better than factory. Have to crank it up to just about max to hear it with the windows open.
    Good morning all. Chillin on my only day off.
    I think I'm starting to get a little spring fever. Come on fishing..........

Cypherian, Soul Surfer and 1Shifter like this.
  4. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:16 AM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Morning, Mike, and all !

I didn't take that as you ragging on me, so no worries ! Yeah, it's all a matter of how important things are to us in life, and how much disposable income we have, of course. And hey, my son comes home from England on Wednesday and will be here until the 23rd. Seeing the look on his face the first time he hears that stereo system will be worth the money alone.. so for the next 10-20 years I'm enjoying the system it will be icing on the cake, right ? hahaha

Back to my housework. Everyone have a fantastic day !

Marty65, Soul Surfer and 1Shifter like this.
  5. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:31 AM
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Politically incorrect low tech redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Mt Washington Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, TRD OR, 5100's, 885's 285/75r16 Cooper STT PROs.
    ....And I felt bad because I spent $21 on a new air hose for my air-on-board system..... ;)

Morning gang!

@ work. Supposed to be 72 degrees here later today!

6. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:33 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    Good Morning All! :)

Marty65, Bluegrass Taco and CAM37 like this.
  7. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:46 AM
    Subway4X4

Subway4X4 Shameless Copy Cat

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Speedway Blue DCSB OR TRD
    Everything TW members recommend
    Morning everyone!
    Today I go snowboarding with my little girl!!!

8. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:46 AM
    1Shifter

1Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Outta the black and into the blue
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Same as everybody else...
    Good Morning everyone! A nice day for a quick run and then who knows? It's supposed to be in the mid 60s today so I may either change the oil or wash and detail the rig. Or I may do nothing .... spent about 2hours yesterday working on my wife's Sante Fe. All of the power outlets and lighter stopped working so she couldn't charge her phone. I'm thinking fuses, off to the AP store I go. Replaced fuses and still nothing, checked the charger cord and phone, both looked good. Tried charging the phone in my Ranger, charges fine. Figured out that it was the bullet charger(the charger that fits into the power source) that went TU. All of that for a 6 buck charger!

9. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:53 AM
    Subway4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    I gotta start running. I'm gonna do a half ironman this year.
    I vote for this.

10. Feb 28, 2016 at 4:59 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Cam37, not knocking you here either. I have a home sound system that rivals the price tag you're spending on your truck, so I definitely understand how sometimes only really really good sound will do. The last time I was seriously doing car stereo stuff the prices were a WHOLE LOT lower, so your price tag was a shock to my antique bones. :D

Spring appears to be here. I guess Punxatawny Phil was right. The last of the snow in my yard will probably be gone over the next couple of days; it's supposed to stay above freezing even overnight.

Marty65, CAM37 and Bluegrass Taco like this.
  11. Feb 28, 2016 at 5:21 AM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Yeah, I have a pretty nice home stereo system I bought when stationed in Germany... Back then the whole set up was $1500 but that was over 20 years ago. Of course, I'm making six times the money I was then too. We're in different times, for sure !

12. Feb 28, 2016 at 5:35 AM
    1Shifter

1Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Outta the black and into the blue
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Same as everybody else...
    Good Luck with the half iron man! Several years ago I was terribly out of shape, unless you consider round as a shape, weighed close to 290#s and decided I had to make a change or spend my future retirement in the doctors office. It didn't happen overnight but I dropped down to about 215#s, got off several meds and even ran a half marathon. Then I had a medical issue that put me out for a few months, no running, so I walked and biked but my diet went to crap and honestly riding exercise nearly as much. I put on about 15 lbs since my injury and I'm trying to get my diet and exercise routine back. It has been a struggle, my doc says that running is not good for me but it works. So I run "smarter", not trying to set world records, and bike more. Let us know how ya make out with your half iron man.

CAM37 likes this.
  13. Feb 28, 2016 at 5:42 AM
    1buzzbait

1buzzbait easiest to ignore

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    murrilin
    Vehicle:
    98 yamaha grizzly - 2002 tin boat
    here, I fixed it for ya, 20 rods is, uh sufficient, but uh, more is ok too ya know :notsure:

14. Feb 28, 2016 at 5:57 AM
    Subway4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    Several years ago I was considered obese by all medical standards. 230 lbs on a 5'4" frame. Took all kinds of meds as well. Doc told me to lose the weight or else.
    So, I signed up for two sprint (short distance) triathlons.

First order of the season: learn how to swim. So I signed up for swim lessons at the local YMCA.

Second order of the season: start running. It was 20 years since I've actually done any kind of running.

Third: Bike - this was not so bad since I've always considered myself a cyclist. Been cycling all my life.

My first year of triathlon: I finished last on the swims, second to the last on the runs, and I always catch up on the bike to finish at least 10th to the last on the overall time.

I weighed 160 pounds at the end of the season for a total weight loss of 70 pounds and reduced my med intake by ~50%.

15. Feb 28, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Lol yea I took half my rods out. Just no room and took to much to get the one I THOUGHT I NEEDED.
    I have 5 rods on deck. A drop shot, ultralight, 2 spares, and a give away in the storage bin. I don't tie my lures. I have snap swivels. So changing lures is no biggie.

16. Feb 28, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    1buzzbait

1buzzbait easiest to ignore

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    murrilin
    Vehicle:
    98 yamaha grizzly - 2002 tin boat
    shit, I have to delete your post before the wife unit see's it, I could be in for sum big trouble :crapstorm:
    I have always told her, ya gotta have a rod for every lure :rolleyes: and God bless her, I think she believes me?

17. Feb 28, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Mike do your self a favor on the stereo change the speakers too the ones they put in suck to put it mildly . No need for amps and subs etc if you do not want to I had the same problem with mine. I would have to crank half to hear cd or fm but max to hear the IPOD since the input doesn't amplify at least on the 2011 models. I was not going to pay 300 bucks to Toyota to get an adapter kit for their system and it would not charge the IPOD just allow control of it yeah umm NO. I have USB rear port but ran the extension to the glove box so no one sees the IPOD or USB stick connected just a thought.

Cypher

18. Feb 28, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Same in the 16's. When I have my phone connected and playing Spotify thru the aux port, I have the volume on my phone AND the truck all the way to max and it's still not loud enough to wake a sleeping baby in the back seat (thank GOD I don't have any of those). Weak.

19. Feb 28, 2016 at 7:47 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    I know about the speakers. They have no magnets per say. The roof ones are like glued to the headliner and shoot through it. Weigh like nothing. Like you said aux port sucks. For starters it would be just the hu. I want the front usb for a stick. I'll show ya what I was thinking of if I can find it again

20. Feb 28, 2016 at 7:56 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    I do have a rod for every lure I use THAT DAY.....LOL
    Lol I have way to much tackle. My newest fad is running weed less frogs through the grass. Running like 30 pound spider wire on a 7' med action bait caster. Some big ass (well for this body of water) fish hiding.
    Dam I'm getting worked up...

TownvilleTim and Soul Surfer like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top