1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50+ thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CVYota, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:22 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Got my sweetheart outside on the glider.
    We be rockin..... :yes::thumbsup:

2. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:23 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    So your hanging out in your camper.... Pfffffff

US Marine likes this.
  3. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:24 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Anything on a roof is not fun.

4. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:26 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Hanging off it is closer to the truth and pissing the neighbor off with 70s and 80s rock lol . I am going to be looking at mini anti bird guns later I swear the white top of a camper must be like a wet paint sign !! Yep there it is looking all nice and pretty splattt ha ha not anymore !! Damn birds.

Cypher

5. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:29 AM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Yeah full fiberglass like a Casita or Scamp just built a little heavier and for 4 season / off grid camping and yes with a price commensurate to that build to go with it . But It will out last me and it will be sold in a couple of years to move on to a Diesel Super C toy hauler style but not the monsters most think of. : }

Cypher

6. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:31 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Very nice. Was thinking of an a frame at one point. Then I could throw a Jon boat on top.
    Don't like soft side pop ups. But then why drive 100 miles and park next to someone. Wifey needs all the amenities before she would think of camping. Hence a motor home is not in the future.. Loll

7. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:40 AM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
    Yep I'm just now getting up !!!:bored:

Warm day today ,temps in the high 90's and I can already see a lot of cars heading up the mtns to enjoy the cooler weather . later on this afternoon when it cools off I may take the Camaro out for some exercise

I found this yesterday ,its called Deep Creek and is the headwaters of the Mojave river in Hesperia . its the in thing to do I guess here ,drive thru the creek and up into the spillway of the dam

https://youtu.be/tQVE-q6WfeI

https://youtu.be/i9A6eR3VGiI

8. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    If you want to be an idiot and swamp your truck go ahead.

9. Jun 3, 2017 at 10:48 AM
    Martin64

Martin64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Stock
    We have a lot of "off peak" campers that come out during the week just so they get the site they want without the neighbors. If you can find a place like I work at, I think you guys would enjoy it. Plenty of running water facilities (no utilities at the individual sites). At one area we have 4 restroom buildings that are clean and cleaned at least once per day (more when it's busy) that have 4 token operated showers per building (16 total). And this campground is located in an area that, when you buy the permit you can camp anywhere in the area. You're not locked down to one particular site. In some parts of the area are vault toilets and some sites are pretty secluded, on the water yet within a 10 minute drive of a hot shower. Midweek you'd share the entire few hundred acre site with 5 or 10 other campers with plenty of elbow room.

10. Jun 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
    I used to do something like that in my old jeep but not here . I remember crossing a creek up in the mtns and the water was maybe almost 3ft deep but was easy to cross without any problems

This place in the videos is a very popular spot to play but I wouldn't chance it

11. Jun 3, 2017 at 11:13 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    :hungry: waiting for @MQQSE to come back with some tasty salmons

12. Jun 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    So is that the going bribe these days to be allowed to stay on TW when you drive a a DODGE ! lol

Cypher

13. Jun 3, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    Martin64

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Stock
    I do like the way it rides with the shell on. Just enough weight to knock the edge off the sharper bumps.
    20170603_114610.jpg

20170603_114617.jpg

2 1/2 lbs of jerky in the making.
    20170603_120743.jpg

14. Jun 3, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Add a rack and basket and your ready to rock :}

Now as far as the jerky ... :drool::burnrubber:

Cypher

Chile Verde and Martin64[QUOTED] like this.
  15. Jun 3, 2017 at 12:58 PM
    Martin64

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Stock
    I got nothing to put on it. I don't have any qualms about drilling holes in it though. It's a $100 shell and there is a little damage to fix. When I get some saw horses I'll take it back off, fix and paint it and put it back on.

.20170603_114628.jpg

US Marine and Chile Verde like this.
  16. Jun 3, 2017 at 1:05 PM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    I'm getting ready to start making jerky on the WSM in a week or 2 now that I know I can keep temps below 160* with the ATC. Need some pizza screens and stacks etc. But the main thing I noticed is the Engineer Standard on the back of the topper. I see that flag flying a lot up and down the Locks and Dams on the Mississippi River. Thought I had a good picture of one in my uploads but guess I never did. Now I'm going to have go get one and see if I can do it justice. No tents in the picture either, promise :rofl:

Almost 90* here today and been sweating my ass off trying to make sure the new dog being added to the clan will have a cool spot in the back of the truck when I drive down to Northern IL next week to pick him up.

fanbed.jpg

fancrate.jpg

Got some marking flags at Home Depot this morning to outline the boundaries for the in ground e-fence. Need to take the weed whacker and cut a path through some areas but it is going to have to wait until the T-storm comes through, just too damn hot. Going to grill some seafood in a little bit instead. Never too hot to grill.

17. Jun 3, 2017 at 1:09 PM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    On my Exterra I put racks and a basket on it. Dropped mpg by at least 2 and could no longer get into most parking garages. And just the rack and bars without basket caught low branches on the logging trails that are called roads where I hunt. I did have ARE build the rack frames into my topper just in case however.

I'll race you for that jerky, GO!! :drool::burnrubber:

US Marine and Cypherian[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Jun 3, 2017 at 1:12 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Ok now you both are being mean ;) As for pup cooling old school red neck a few gallon jugs or soda bottles frozen in a cooler set one in front of the fan or two if they are thin ones . Last about 2 hours in 80 degrees plus weather.

Cypher

19. Jun 3, 2017 at 1:23 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Easy fix biggest pain in the ass Is re gelcoating it to seal it before painting. If you have a vacuum pump, pva film, tflon scrim cloth , bleeder cloth or clean white rags and tacky tape your golden you almost could do the repair one shot then gelcoat it.

Cypher

20. Jun 3, 2017 at 1:24 PM
    TownvilleTim

TownvilleTim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Townville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 ACLB SR5 2.7L 2015 DCSB SR5 V6 4x4
    TRD Pro Suspension, SOS sliders, SR8 Wheels, Duratracs, ARE shell
    Thanks, Bob! And it is blue stabilized maple burl.

Thank you! I want to get into doing bowls. I can do up to a ten inch but I need to get a chuck system and cutting tools for them. $$$

Products Discussed in

To Top