1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50+ thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CVYota, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    kamakazie_1

kamakazie_1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Mims, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 White Tacoma DCSB TRD OR 4X4
    Factory Roof Racks Installed, Vent Visors, Meso dome and maps, Stubby Ant., 265/70-16 Discovery RTX, Dasaita 9" Android HU, RedLine Hood Supports, MBRP Cat Back Stainless Exhaust
    That one little wirey looking dude with the hair net took him off his feet with that choke hold, laid him right up on the counter!! Cool..

RJ

floodedkiwi, P2W and Cypherian like this.
  2. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Snowing. On call until Monday got called and was up from 0100-0500 back up at 0630. Getting too old for that, but it does keep the lights on. And fuel for heat. Is it Monday yet?

I know a guy...

In fact the trailer for my Ranger has more than 2' on it, don't think it would make it there intact for you however :pout:

Doesn't matter where they are from, it is that they are retired and have no urgency at all. My goal at this point is to be one of them and piss everyone else off too.

First year my dad retired he came to NC to see me and we were headed to the hardware store with him driving. Stopped at a stop sign and the road was clear but he stayed there talking to me. I said dad you can go now. He laughed and said his whole life driving truck he was always in a hurry. Racing everyone to the next red light. Everyone in front of him was an asshole and anyone behind him was a jerk off. Said now having that stress off him he wished he would have done it sooner. All that running didn't make much difference at the end of the day looking back, maybe minutes. And retirement was the best job he ever had. I want that job. But until then I better see nothing but assholes and elbows. Trying to ease up on that. A little...

In Northern Mn. they are called FT, Fucking Tourists. In the West, City Boys. North of Phoenix and the mountains around there Valley People. In the mountains back where I grew up in North Central Pa. Flatlanders, although @bucktales had a pass and was a bonafide Ridge Runner. Wisconsin FID's Fucking Illinois Bastards but most are from Cook County. Western NC there are more Brevard County Florida plates than NC plates in the summer so Floridiots.

They all have several things in common. They are from some damn City. They have money and flaunt it and expect special treatment. They are dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to rural ways. Did I mention they are from some damn City? And if they move to the country they bring the very mindset that they are trying to escape and try to implement it where ever they move to. /flatlanders rant

Thanks for reminding me why I am not ready to go through raising another puppy yet. Only been 4 years since my last guy, and still recovering.

My mothers side of the family has been spending winters in Florida since the 1930's in the Haines City area. I expect my mother was the last one. She worked at Rat World part time for not much more than minimum wage so she could get free or discounted tickets for the grandkids like most blue hairs in the area do.

About 20 years ago or so things started changing, retirees didn't have the money they used to and it was hard to afford and keep 2 places. Not talking anything fancy like the Villages but retirement places in Florida which are not more than a trailer park. And as surrounding areas went "downhill", living in a gated community was high on the hog.

Many more started living in Florida all year long, it is cheaper. Others driving back and forth between the North and Florida realized North and South Carolina was a good compromise. They made it half way back home and stopped. So they are called halfbacks. And of course damn Yankee. The damn part because they ended up staying, that is the difference between Yankee and damn Yankee.

Oldest son has been in Boston for 3 months and he now knows what a Yankee is, we talked last night. I tried to warn him...

3. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    Crazy Nick

Crazy Nick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    Vehicle:
    03" TRD 4X2, 07" 4Runner 4X4, 2015 TRD Sport 4X4
    P2W That was in Mexico, so I'm sure they smacked him up pretty good before the Police arrived..

US Marine, ImpulseRed008, P2W and 2 others like this.
  4. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:03 PM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    So they got a tail light guarantee right ?:} LOL

Cypher

5. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:06 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Tell me about it lol

Cypher

6. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    Cold Iron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Yeah I thought of you :) It is worth it though and besides you're young yet :p But they will age ya quicker as you get older.

7. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:37 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    He turns 1 in 22 days .. his world is going to change... A LOT !

Cypher

8. Mar 1, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    kamakazie_1

kamakazie_1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Mims, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 White Tacoma DCSB TRD OR 4X4
    Factory Roof Racks Installed, Vent Visors, Meso dome and maps, Stubby Ant., 265/70-16 Discovery RTX, Dasaita 9" Android HU, RedLine Hood Supports, MBRP Cat Back Stainless Exhaust
    Amen to that, I didn't have a problem one with the last actual pup, that was 22 years ago, this one got a new combo on her crate when I left this morning.. She was already trying to figure it out..

upload_2019-3-1_16-38-25.jpg

RJ

Martin64, RickS, US Marine and 5 others like this.
  9. Mar 1, 2019 at 2:22 PM
    Cold Iron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    So damn cute though. Of course they are cute so you don't kill them LOL. Still that is a good looking pup... Hope she doesn't end up with the secret decoder ring I think your good to go. For now :)

10. Mar 1, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Nothing wrong with my brakes.

4A71E82B-3A5C-4B5F-A82F-F3DD90A6CD27.jpg

11. Mar 1, 2019 at 2:59 PM
    Martin64

Martin64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Stock
    I did blood draw Monday, got my A1c results today. 6.0 is better than I expected....good enough to pass the CDL physical.

12. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:20 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    So will yours old man.

13. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:29 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    You just wait till he can show you lovin.... :} That is when the realllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy interesting training gets to start :}

Cypher

MoneyMan55 and kamakazie_1 like this.
  14. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:41 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Where did you find your architect?? Or where did he get his training? Cracker Jack university???

Have always left the girls inside. They are safer inside. You sure they just weren't drinking out of the bowl? :notsure:

HULU!!!! There's a version that's much better than Direct TV and much cheaper.

:popcorn: well, why'd you do that?? hehehe

:sadviolin::sadviolin: :D

:wave: welcome. Don't forget to take the test on page 1!!!

:pout: what'cha gonna do to him?

:wave: evening all Another week done! and one week closer to retirement.

15. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:46 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
  16. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:47 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
  17. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:49 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Pretty much once he is trained it is directed voice / hand . But yeah the initial will involve a bit more Tylenol then normal lol

Cypher

MoneyMan55, kamakazie_1 and Cold Iron like this.
  18. Mar 1, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    Cypherian

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Nope nothing now they have been fixed lol

Cypher

Tacoma Mike[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Mar 1, 2019 at 4:00 PM
    Taco-Grinder

Taco-Grinder It's all part of the adventure.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I've been texting with my brothers thinking about mom, tomarrow will be 1 year. I'm good.
    Then Mary text me,,,, I'm going to be a Grandpa :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::kona::kona::locked::locked::yes::yes::woot::woot:

20. Mar 1, 2019 at 4:11 PM
    dewayne

dewayne Simply Southern.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dwayne
    Shenadoah Valley,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma AC mettalic grey
    265/75r16 KO2 5100 level at1,75,Icon 3 leaf addaleaf pac,amp,speakers,holster,black out badges
    :dancingbacon::broccoli:congrats!!

Products Discussed in

To Top