1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50+ thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CVYota, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Oct 11, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker

Had a friend of mine who had a 1981 Toyota 4x4 and it had a very nice 20R motor with side draft webers , aftermarket cam and header . even had a Mallory ignition and a few other go fast parts

That short box Toyota with that motor was fun to watch on steep hill climbs in the desert

2. Oct 12, 2016 at 2:38 AM
    newb13

newb13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    winter park florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 sr5 DCSB v6 blue
    de-badge and tint,tri-fold tonneau,rims and tires
    good morning!! tooday is my fri and dont come back until wed. ive got so much nothing to do! where do i start? have a great day!

3. Oct 12, 2016 at 2:46 AM
    Casper66

Casper66 grumpy ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Culpeper, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4wd super white (sold) '13 access cab SR5 4wd
    piddly stuff
    :wave: welcome

4. Oct 12, 2016 at 2:46 AM
    Casper66

Casper66 grumpy ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Culpeper, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4wd super white (sold) '13 access cab SR5 4wd
    piddly stuff
    good morning everyone have a wonderful day!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  5. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:00 AM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Good morning and happy hump day for those of us on 5 day work weeks. Have a good day!

Get a cortisone shot in my left foot in a few hours, am limited to only 3 a year. Hopefully will help for SD in a couple of weeks. Been having a lot of pain in my left hip, side and leg see the docs for that this afternoon already talking cortisone shot for that too. Degenerative arthritis, guess it means I'm falling apart. Friends have had hips and knees replaced leave it to me to wear out parts they can't replace yet. Still alive though so not going to complain. The pain does get old as too many others on here know.

6. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:22 AM
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Politically incorrect low tech redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Mt Washington Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, TRD OR, 5100's, 885's 285/75r16 Cooper STT PROs.

Maybe so in relatively flat or mild terrain, but we've found that you can get 6 or 8 vehicles pretty strung out and far apart in some of the big hills in Eastern Kentucky. There's a couple climbs in Black Mountain that you have to wait until the first vehicle clears the hill before the second can start up. By the time 4 or 5 of us are over the crest, the last vehicles are a mile away and a LOT of interference in between. It's even essential that antennas are 20"+ inches above the cab roof. There's almost 3000' of elevation change in the park, and a lot of ups and downs. We've tried hand helds with very little success....They work pretty good about 75% of the time when we can stay grouped up. And they don't work at all the other 25%. The main thing is having a good antenna set up.....

7. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:42 AM
    Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer J!m! Was Last Seen: Roam in’ Around…

Member:
    First Name:
    J!M!
    West Central Florida Coast
    Welcome @chase94 :wave:

Good Morning Peeps! :)
    Completed my tailgate project yesterday and my spare tar was delivered. Ill be mounting it a Fresh out of the box Reconditioned OEM 4Runner Wheel and I'll be incorporating the spare into my Tar Rotation. Was able to sleep with no AC and the windows open for the first time since April. It's a taste of what's to come! Pleasant Temps!! Have a Great Day!

8. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:42 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Ahhhhhhh so when you go over the hill instead of stopping and waiting you just keep on going and get a mile away? I thought being grouped up and watching each other was essential. I'm not disagreeing with your post in anyway. I'm just trying to understand. I've done this like 3 times in my life so being on a trail and strung out like that was never seen. Trying to learn.

9. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:56 AM
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Politically incorrect low tech redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Mt Washington Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, TRD OR, 5100's, 885's 285/75r16 Cooper STT PROs.

Some of these bigger hills, you just can't stop on them and expect to get moving again....So we go until we hit a spot level enough to stop on. If you happen to spin out or run into a vehicle coming down the hill, and have to stop, you don't want the next person in line charging up the hill and into the back of your truck. Once we're clear, we'll radio to the next vehicle in line that they can take their run at the hill. At times we'll get as much as an 1/8th mile or so between vehicles. If you have quite a few trucks, it can get stretched out pretty far. We'll always wait until everyone is caught up again before we move on. When we can, we all like to stay grouped up so we can watch each other. I prefer to be near the back of the line so I can watch, but I know the trails @ Black Mountain better than all the group we'll be with next week, so I'll likely be in front most of the day.

On "flat ground" (ie flatter than some of these big hills) we will stay closer together. On some of the big climbs that's just not safe, nor practical.

10. Oct 12, 2016 at 6:00 AM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
    Good Morning Everyone

Cooler temps today and even a chance of rain

I remember some nasty trails out here with steep and loose hill climbs . made for an interesting time on the trail

TownvilleTim and newb13 like this.
  11. Oct 12, 2016 at 6:13 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4

Now now, you KNOW with a Good Radio and a GREAT antenna ..:hattip:

"Skip" would carry you almost directionally anywhere.....Those of us with "Properly" tuned radios were the "Wolves" keeping the Sheep in line :thumbsup: Plus,finding a quieter CB Channel helped companies prosper long after the "squeeze,Beep-Beep ,Nextel" phase...

Yes, Hams are the 2 Meter Gods :bowdown: BUT when you are bouncing from site to site and with different Mines...CB will always be KING :cool:

CB's even let Tacoma's and Jeeps talk to each other :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Y'all have a good day :fistbump:

12. Oct 12, 2016 at 6:26 AM
    CVYota

CVYota [OP] Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    Morning all.

13. Oct 12, 2016 at 6:29 AM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:

Morning Andy !!

CVYota[QUOTED][OP] and Casper66 like this.
  14. Oct 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    bigfoote13

bigfoote13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD SPORT
    2016 Sport suspension 1/2 spacer up front and aal in rear SCS Stealth 6 17 inch wheels Wildpeak AT3 265 70 17
    Mine is now sticky too. I called for an appointment. Have you found out anything?

15. Oct 12, 2016 at 12:02 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Afternoon Everyone

I hate it when it gets colder , all the metal in my knee reminds me that it's cold outside . I usually wear shorts year round but today I might have to put my Marpat BDU pants on . even both shoulders are aching , sucks getting old LOL

Also the always interesting visit to the vet with my Maine Coon cat "Gizmo" . He's only 15 lbs but his loud howling or Meowing while driving to / from the Vet will make your ears ring . Even while at the Vet everyone was amazed at how loud his loud meowing was

16. Oct 12, 2016 at 12:03 PM
    CVYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    Those are cool looking cats

17. Oct 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:

Yes they're , Gizmo is a 4 yr old Male Black Smoke Maine Coon

Casper66 and TownvilleTim like this.
  18. Oct 12, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :wave: evening all Have not seen Izzy since before the storm :pout: but I did see a different kitty @ work today.... I have a home for Izzy, but not sure they want 2 and I can't take him home. This is Izzy......

:wave: welcome Chase

:eek: :anonymous: You having all those issues and you do alot more exercise than I do :oops:

:thumbsup:

Opened mine Sunday and it was nice!!!! Love the days when no heat or air conditioning is required!!!

19. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:24 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:

Afternoon Susan

I go by a well known Marine Corps motto for my pain

Pain is weakness leaving the Body

20. Oct 12, 2016 at 3:41 PM
    CVYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Hello Susan and Chuck.

Saw Mom today, still sharp at 91 but the ankle and knees slow her down. Fixed her computer and took her to get her hair done. Went to a local hamburger place called Apple Pan, it has been there since I was young, hasn't changed one bit.
    20161012_133427.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top