1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50+ thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CVYota, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Apr 10, 2020 at 2:44 PM
    TK-422

TK-422 Toyota! Oh what a feeling.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    So Cal - SCV
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner TEP
    Toytech 2.5 lift BFG KO2 275-70-17
    Got mine before all the craziness started. It's a little hard to breathe thru.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 10, 2020 at 3:14 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Going to have to use the drive through...

US Marine and MQQSE like this.
  3. Apr 10, 2020 at 3:17 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    I have about 4 different ones I can grab.

Couple of 95’s
    Couple of class 3
    Bandannas

TK-422, Cypherian, MQQSE and 2 others like this.
  4. Apr 10, 2020 at 4:26 PM
    Travelinman301

Travelinman301 4 x 4 Fanatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue Pearl Tacoma TRD Sport 4 x 4 DCSB
    KDMAX-PRO-10.0 Diode Dynamics Sport Fog Lights Morimoto Clear Tail Lights TRD Skid Plate
    Believe it or not we do have plenty of fun with UTV's and ATV's...juts gotta know where to go. This is my 2008 Kawi ste up for mud and water. She'll handle the deep up to my navel.

0206001433.jpg

robssol, Hardscrabble, RickS and 2 others like this.
  5. Apr 10, 2020 at 4:31 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    This is illegal up here.
    Can’t have any water crossing accessories

Cypherian and MQQSE like this.
  6. Apr 10, 2020 at 5:46 PM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Make sure of the tightness around the nose that is the most common place for air leaks. Put on the reading glasses and if they fog up... wait you are too young for reading glasses! Nose pinch is important. I stripped some solid core wire and stuffed it though mine.

HEPA bags from a shop vac. Good luck finding them now though everyone is on to them.

Deep breath. Remember that there are a lot of people out there that show no symptoms and don't get tested so no idea how many people are Typhoid Mary's. Not to panic or start any worry, it is what it is. Be safe my friend.

Oh I know and if push come to shove could likely still kill a gator skin it and have it on the barbie before anyone would know. Not that I have ever done such a thing. Great rig! First thing I noticed is the snorkels now those snorkels I could get into. Although did not elect to go with the Highlighter edition went with the cab, heat and hey I even have AC on the Northstar :) Now where is @Ret CB I have to be careful not to confuse you 2 :thumbsup:

Does that mean you can't use the dog to check water depth before you do a crossing too?

[​IMG]

Damn beavers. They are everywhere here. At least where I go and wish they would blow more of the damn dams. Always a PITA.

[​IMG]

Thought about turning this guy into road kill. Beaver tail is most tasty fried up in a cast iron skillet. But shot him with the camera instead. Was an old Phucker and couldn't hear and didn't see me sitting there. Must be getting soft in my old age.

[​IMG]

Eventually will post a picture with a mask and like seeing the ones on here. In the mean time am entered into a contest for longest hair or beard on a hunting forum. Most everyone is doing beards. Needed a haircut right before the lock down started. Hey it may be white but at least I have hair and most don't so I am leading the pack so far.

white hair start.jpg

Damn hippy. I got this...

7. Apr 10, 2020 at 6:15 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    RickS, MTgirl, Cold Iron and 3 others like this.
  8. Apr 10, 2020 at 7:47 PM
    Taco Buggy

Taco Buggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Off Road 4x4
    Icon lift, 17” rims and tires, TRD Pro grill, Rigid light bar and fog lights, more to come
  9. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:14 PM
    Cold Iron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    For an AF guy you are pretty smart :D

I still have 2 rolls of Scotts blue paper towels in the garage out of a 3 pack. There is a lot evidence that they are one of the best protection available on both sides of the fence.

Have a stack of coffee filters that I can put in between them if I have to go that route. And an old stapler from recruiting duty that followed me home many years ago somehow. On Sunday have more staples being delivered just in case I have to do the blue mask.

Pony tail ties are the best option for ear attachments but are not considered critical according to Amazon and delivery is more than 20 days out or more. Have the Engineers junk drawer with rubber bands, wire ties, etc. But on Sunday also have a half pound bag of rubber bands being delivered just in case. :anonymous:

Redundancy and backup plan Alpha, Bravo and Charlie. Just in case :thumbsup:

10. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:17 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
  11. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:19 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
    Rubber bands hurt when they snap and hit your ear !! :facepalm:

jwctaco likes this.
  12. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:25 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    do they actually work though?

ew. 5/15? ours is up to 4/24 right now

can you sew? even a little? or know someone that can? making the masks doesn't take much and i've got a huge pile of fabric that i'm not using so i went through and weeded out what i wanted to get rid of. most folks are saying the elastic ones aren't the best as they are harder to tighten up so i'm making tie on ones. if i can make a shitload of them i figure offering them up here will be my next venture. trying to take care of my guys at work first, then neighbors, then local TWers and then you guys.

13. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:34 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    I made a version that has a metal bit for the nose. and a pocket for a replaceable filter. hardware store was giving out metal twist ties - kinda like you'd find on a loaf of bread - but you can also by twist tie material in the gardening department that is meant for tying up vine-y type plants. Comes on a spool and you just cut to length.

14. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:35 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    all craft stores around here are closed so i gotta with with stock on hand....but if you can find it online i will buy it!

Cold Iron and US Marine like this.
  15. Apr 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:

That's awesome what you're doing by making these masks !!!!:thumbsup:

Hardscrabble and MTgirl[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Apr 10, 2020 at 9:01 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    i got a skill and a lot of free time.... :laugh: keeps me sane.

17. Apr 10, 2020 at 10:27 PM
    Duezzer

Duezzer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue TRD Sport
    Some - Will list later - has lift and new wheels and rubber
    Awesome!!!!!!!!! Very Very Cool!!!!!!!!
    If TW gave points for Awesome you would have them all and Mike's too

18. Apr 10, 2020 at 10:28 PM
    Duezzer

Duezzer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue TRD Sport
    Some - Will list later - has lift and new wheels and rubber
    15865828951796699369580002839432.jpg

Frigging White Shit

19. Apr 10, 2020 at 11:18 PM
    TK-422

TK-422 Toyota! Oh what a feeling.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    So Cal - SCV
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner TEP
    Toytech 2.5 lift BFG KO2 275-70-17
    I was rummaging thru the garage and found a couple of these respirators that I bought for wood working. I wasn't sure if they would filter well enough but it turns out they are P95.
    P is better than N or R because it stops oils and fluids as well and it is good for 40 hours. If you have one laying around in the garage you might want to check it out.

[​IMG]

20. Apr 10, 2020 at 11:19 PM
    Cold Iron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Yeah I can sew from push pedal Singer to doing it by hand. Oh and programming it from a template to automated stitch what is your preferred method? And if you are doing a mask please don't puncture the fabric template with pins like you normally do with a template. Air leaks suck.

Much like a gas mask or OBA and why we couldn't have facial hair active duty in a NBC environment. Because of face to mask seal. Oldest and have 3 younger sisters, my mother raised me right LOL.

Starting to understand why @MQQSE calls you baby sister. You have heart and that is a rare trait these days. Good on you for wanting to help. My 2 cents and what you paid for it...

Wasn't long ago that Susan asked about masks and I did knee jerk reaction based on limited experience at work and said blah.

My oldest son married a girl that at the wedding vows said if he ever hurt her he would have to answer to me they dated for almost 15 years. And I still say that. They got divorced a couple of years ago he is in the top 5% of OCD cases in the world but between the 3 of us we still talk at least once a week or more. Actually talk to her more than my son. She has a Masters in Public Health Administration and I still love her. The daughter I never had.

She gets her information from CDC and the World Heath Organization so have gone with her data until recently.

Still love her but looking at our results at work it rebukes much of it. Sociologically most of those from the Pacific Rim have always worn masks to prevent spread of virus to others. Common courtesy. In the US and Europe not so much.

In the US we want to prevent the spread based on being a victim instead of a vector. It takes both from what I can tell and from what I have read so far based on empirical data. And sociologically basis.

If you can use HEPA filters in between high count thread count cotton fibers you can be above N95 masks. But all of them fail if you don't have a good seal. And it is for many on here I can guarantee it. Because of facial hair once guys reach a certain age they grow facial hair to keep the "manly look". Even if they don't realize why they do it. But truth be told they don't want to look like the Gerber baby. Not that they would ever admit it.

Best wishes for your most worth while endeavor and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me and I will be more than glad to try and help you to help others. May not have the answers, but I know where to go to for them. In most all venues.

Wash yer damn hands and do it often :)

Products Discussed in

To Top