1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50+ thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CVYota, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2021 at 4:43 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Good morning all. Guessers claim 4-6” of snow today. I would prefer they are wrong and the storm miss me and go out to sea instead.

2. Feb 7, 2021 at 4:46 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Don’t think so.
    Going out and re arrange the garage and stage the snowblowers.
    It’s winter..

3. Feb 7, 2021 at 4:51 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Do you run the tractor with the snowblower as your main cleaning tool? How does it push through the plow wash? It appears you might have a slight grade to the driveway. Does the tractor climb that without any problems?

4. Feb 7, 2021 at 5:12 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Grade is flat.
    If it’s cement I use the walk behind. Not enough traction for such a wide path to bust through.
    Once I get 4 foot width I can use the tractor. If it’s sleeting I will jump in it for the cab shelter.
    I just use about 1/4 to 1/2 blower width.
    Last storm, used the tractor. No problems going through the 2 feet at the end.
    If I can get it into the auger, it has no problems throwing it.

https://youtu.be/O4py2pvkwAs

5. Feb 7, 2021 at 5:14 AM
    Taco-Grinder

Taco-Grinder It's all part of the adventure.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Good Morning Folks :thumbsup:

Sun is shining. Temp is -13 . Windchill is -24. Smart thing to do is don't stand in the wind, or pee.
    When it's like this gotta keep a close eye on the dogs. Even the big dog Coco. She's got the winter coat and house filled with straw. But when its like this she is the house most of the time.

You got a pup because it keeps you busy and feeling young. You gotta call someone,,,,dumb ass:thumbsup:

6. Feb 7, 2021 at 5:43 AM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Good morning :pccoffee:

Yeah I keep trying to remind myself that getting a puppy was a good thing. Knew what I was getting into but....

After 10 minutes outside this morning he decided it was time to come back inside and ran to the garage to go back in. He is a lightweight yet.

feb7.jpg

Windchill is something like the temperature on the surface of Mars. But at least it is not in the twenties or thirties below zero air temp. It is the little things in life to be thankful for.

Going to the grocery store soon before the herd of people show up, I will be running the truck for about 10 minutes first.

7. Feb 7, 2021 at 6:08 AM
    dewayne

dewayne Simply Southern.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dwayne
    Shenadoah Valley,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma AC mettalic grey
    265/75r16 KO2 5100 level at1,75,Icon 3 leaf addaleaf pac,amp,speakers,holster,black out badges
    Looks good,saved the recipe.family likes chicken dishes.im doing chicken picatta today. also do chicken parmesan and chicken marsala and adding this to my list. Thanks!

TK-422[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Feb 7, 2021 at 6:10 AM
    jwctaco

jwctaco Victim of a well spent youth

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW Michigan
    Vehicle:
    23’ T4R, Alice, the fishing car
    The sun is out, warmed it up nicely.9E703ABA-176E-4313-B49B-0229A177481F.jpg

9. Feb 7, 2021 at 6:16 AM
    dewayne

dewayne Simply Southern.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dwayne
    Shenadoah Valley,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma AC mettalic grey
    265/75r16 KO2 5100 level at1,75,Icon 3 leaf addaleaf pac,amp,speakers,holster,black out badges
    Good Morning :hattip:yea they missed it. 3-6 inches called for here and putting it down with more than 6 on the ground. but its a pretty snow.

10. Feb 7, 2021 at 7:03 AM
    CVYota

CVYota [OP] Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    Morning all

Just recovered from a miserable day. I had fish tacos and they changed the sauce from white wine to a sour cream base. Took a while to get through the system. I like dairy, it hates me.

Ok, we all know this, we just don't want it to go to his grumpy head.

11. Feb 7, 2021 at 7:26 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    morning boys....snowed again last night, about 4" this time. its snowed every day for the last week now. i guess mother nature finally remembered that its winter and she's got shit to deliver. just hope this winter isn't a repeat of a couple years ago when we got three feet of snow in a couple weeks. my back can't take that.

but it seems like winter is weird everywhere this year. i follow the local avalanche reports and they posted that there have been 15 avalanche related deaths in the US in the last week - that's more than there has been in a whole year some years. i think its a combo of bad snow conditions due to the warmer weather and more folks heading into the backcountry to avoid ski areas due to COVID restrictions there.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/06/us/utah-avalanche-four-dead-four-rescued/index.html
    https://www.mtavalanche.com/forecast

12. Feb 7, 2021 at 7:54 AM
    newb13

newb13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    winter park florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 sr5 DCSB v6 blue
    de-badge and tint,tri-fold tonneau,rims and tires
    morning all :hattip:enjoy your day even if the weather is crappy.

13. Feb 7, 2021 at 7:57 AM
    Cold Iron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Hey Jim that unit looks familiar! :D

Warming up nicely here too. Supposed to be a high of -4 today, it is trying...

Feb71000.jpg

Still need to go to the grocery store. Had the dogs outside 3 times already this morning and just don't feel like going outside anymore right now. But because of @Taco-Grinder and @dewayne I've got a hankering for sausage gravy and biscuits today. And need some milk and eggs.

14. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:05 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:

you guys like those?
    I’m looking to upgrade after like 15 years lol

Tacman19 likes this.
  15. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:11 AM
    jwctaco

jwctaco Victim of a well spent youth

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW Michigan
    Vehicle:
    23’ T4R, Alice, the fishing car
    Yeah, I like it. It was a gift, one day I want to upgrade. Neighbor gave it to me for installing his weather station. Wind speed on top of the chimney, rain gauge collector on the patio, kinda sophisticated.

dewayne, Pointeman and Cold Iron like this.
  16. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:15 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    doesn’t say anything about wind or rain gauge.
    Might be a cheaper version

Tacman19 and jwctaco[QUOTED] like this.
  17. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:21 AM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker

How about Cats waking you up at 0430hrs because they're bored and want to play

18. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:21 AM
    US Marine

US Marine Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Gallatin Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre Runner supercharged 4cyl
    TRD supercharger , Doug Thorley header , K&N CAI 265/75-16 Toyo open country mud terrain , 15x8 Method Racing wheels , Rancho 3" lift , 4.88 gears , Detroit Locker
  19. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:37 AM
    Travlr

Travlr Lost in the ozone again

Member:
    Middle'a Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja Series Access Cab
    I saw a post you made about getting a house in Tennessee. Gallatin or Hendersonville? I lived on Old Hickory lake outside of Hendersonville when I was a kid. Good memories. Dad had a restaurant and oyster bar in Nashville close to the Ryman theater. We'd sneak in and play tag in the bleachers. I just bought a wrecked Taco last week that was originally sold in Murfreesboro.

Tacman19 and US Marine[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Feb 7, 2021 at 8:55 AM
    Cold Iron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Like it well enough for a basic unit. La Crosse Technologies is across the River and they started in La Crescent which is on the Mn. side, tech support is still there. Both small towns, I shoot at a clays course in both places and like to support them.

@vssman has the ultimate weather station and is the subject matter expert. Jealous of his and have thought about upgrading to something along those lines. But just end up going to NOAA instead for more details. I deal with enough technology during the work day LOL but someday....

vssman and Tacoma Mike[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top