1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100 vs spacers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gtmiller1001, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mar 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    gtmiller1001

gtmiller1001 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab TRD Sport V6
    BHLM, Painted Stock 17" sport rims black, 3" Toytec coil overs with 5100's, AAL, black bull bar, TRD filter, parrot bluetooth, anytime foglights, debadged, removed mud flaps, added bed lights, grillcraft, Wet Okole's, Weather Tech's.....and traded in for a Tundra
    ok, i have an 06 2WD DC. I have the 3" spacers on the front and the AAL in the rear. I know that the spacers get a bashing on here but i'm not too unhappy with them but would like to try and get the ride closer to how it was pre-lift.

If i install a set of 5100's in the front (set at 2.5) and take out the big spacer that sits right on top of the coil but leave in the smaller spacer above the strut assy would this give me the same lift i have now? is it OK to do this? Does the height setting on the billy's have any affect on the ride quality?

2. Mar 21, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    I wouldn't add anything more then a 1/4 spacer on top of the 5100's. Just get 5100s if you have stock coils and set them at 2.5" the ride aint going to be the best but you do gain the higher clearance. I busted my CV boots at 2.5" maxed out so they are down to 1.75" now.

- Rich

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner 4.0 a/c beast
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
    dont stack lifts! set up with a good coil.

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    What kind of lift do you have now?

To Top