1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100s @ 1.75" clip with eibach coils.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Boost JuNkY, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SPORT 6MT
    885's, OME Nitros, AP 3" leafs, DTLT's, Magnaflow Exhaust, TRD SS, AFE prodry S, URD Maf Cal, Exedy Clutch, URD TOB, Bhlm, AP winch bumper, Daystar 9" lights, OEM roof rack, Yakima fairing, Bed & rock lights, Sony Sub & Amp, 48" Hi Lift, 4X sliders,
    Anybody tried this before? Im on .85 and after adding a bumper it sagged down half inch.

2. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Your girlfriend likes my member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 6-Speed
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx | PrInSu
    Member jerretex did but there isn't a chance in hell I'd do it. They aren't meant to be used that way

3. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    ffemt2987

ffemt2987 Shut up Hippie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Golden
    Vehicle:
    black
    Icon CO's, Dakar rear, All-Pro front bumper, Xrc8, ARB rear locker, relentless IFS skid, 4x4 inno sliders, softopper, air freshener.
    What bumper did you put on? I have the same set up and pondered it myself. Have you got a winch as well?

4. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SPORT 6MT
    885's, OME Nitros, AP 3" leafs, DTLT's, Magnaflow Exhaust, TRD SS, AFE prodry S, URD Maf Cal, Exedy Clutch, URD TOB, Bhlm, AP winch bumper, Daystar 9" lights, OEM roof rack, Yakima fairing, Bed & rock lights, Sony Sub & Amp, 48" Hi Lift, 4X sliders,
    all pro. I thought the eibachs would hold up but i guess I need to step it up to 886 or the toytec coilovers.
    Just considered this idea since with coilovers you preload them alot to retain lift which is what the 5100s does also just without the adjustable sleeves.

5. Dec 9, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I would NOT put the 5100's up to 1.75, that's just asking for trouble and it will ride like a dump truck. 886's are also overkill for that light of a bumper, they're designed for the ARB with a winch hanging over the front end. 885's would most likely get you back to 2.5" of lift with the Allpro bumper. 886's might put you over 3" since you don't have enough weight to compress them. Maybe look into a taller top plate like 1/2" on the driver side and 1/4" on the passenger side? There is also a top plate set-up made by Toytech to get the 5100/Eibach set up to a true 3" lift.

6. Dec 9, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SPORT 6MT
    I already have top plates in there. AP bumper is lighter than arb but the Eibachs still sagged. Dont really wanna stack another spacer up in there to make up for it. Winch will also be there in the future.
    I have double cab so maybe that has something to do with it as my 3" all pro leafs only netted me 2".
    Cheapest way i was thinking is 886 but i heard it might destroy the 5100s.

To Top