1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100's and Duratrac's but I have questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by phoneguy44, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    phoneguy44

phoneguy44 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Oxford, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Double Cab
    Guys,
    Next week going to put some Duratracs on (265/75/16). Thought, while I have the cash, go ahead and put some 5100s on since you guys praise them so much. I have no lift but prob will in a year or two (3inch).
    Couple questions:

1. 5100s come in Heavy Duty and Off Road. Which do I need ?
    2. Do you guys usually order them off the net or get the tire guy to get them ?
    3. Am I going to need to buy anything else besides the 5100's, Tires and Labor ?
    4. If I set the 5100's to 1.75, am I going possibly damage anything ? I'm just after a little height.
    5. What if I set them to .85, will the ride be noticably different than if I set them at 1.75 ?

Thanks guys !

2. Nov 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    dirtytaco2010

dirtytaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    south lake tahoe, CA baby
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Sport LB
    custom badging, Black Badges, tint, General AT/2's, nerf bars black, ultra-gauge,toytec AAL, removed mud flaps, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75, AFE pro dry s air fliter, spidertrax, black rock 17'' wheels
    get them from downsouthmotors.com they sell the ones you want. the ride at 1.75 will be a little stiffer than .85 but not much. I have them set at 2.5 and they ride great. with .85 nothing is needed in the rear 1.75 you'll need 1.5 AAL in the rear to be leve 2.5 youll need 2 AAL in the rear to be level. and save the money and have a good time with a friend and put them in yourself it's not that hard more time consuming but fun. You'll need to rent (borrow) a spring compressor from auto zone or somewhere equivilent.

as far as damage goes you will put wear on the UCA in time but not much worse than stock and if youre careful you shouldnt damage anything. there are many threads on here on How to's: I followed them and it was easy here are a few extra tips i learned while doing it. make sure you put a block of wood behind the front wheels when jacking the truck i dropped my truck off jack stands not doing that. also you'll need two people to do the fronts so you dont fuck up your rotor and cv joints Ect! Last remember to have fun and have a beer and admire your work after youre done.

good luck have fun!

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    phoneguy44

phoneguy44 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Oxford, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Double Cab
    hmm, got some things to think about.
    Preciate the reply man !