1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100s on my prerunner?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by toytaco2331, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Jul 22, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Depends, if it's just a tire place, probably not, if they're a full service garage then yes. You'd be best served to call them and ask if they'd do the install rather than us speculating on what an unknown shop would be willing to take on...

Install isn't that hard, compressing the spring is the worst part (unless you get Eibachs and 5100's and buy them pre-assembled:D)

2. Jul 22, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    prerunner32

prerunner32 TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Foothill Ranch
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner TRD Sport Longbed
    285/70/17 BFG A/T's, 17in Method Double Standard Wheels, Camburg 2.5 Coilovers, Alpine Head Unit, Infinity Speakers, 10" JL Audio Sub, 2 Rockford Fosgate Amps, AFe Stage 2 Si (Oiled)
    I dont want to hijack this thread, but since we are talking about leveling tacomas. When I get my 2nd Gen Tacoma Double cab Long bed, and I am looking to level it out, would it be best to use the 5100's or get a Readylift leveling kit? Do the 5100's really stiffen up the ride that much? And by reading some posts on here, the 1.75 is the hight to level off the front at. And when purchasing the 5100's I am assuming I am going to need new springs. What would be the best spring to use?

3. Jul 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    toytaco2331

toytaco2331 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Spartanburg, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2007 Prerunner SR5 Sport
    BFG Rugged Terrains, UWS Black Series Toolbox, Smoked Headlamps, Alpine stereo and door speakers.
    from what i've learned you can use your stock springs although buying new springs wouldnt hurt. And as far as readylift leveling kits, ive heard nothing but bad things, i was gonna do that from the beginning til i got on here and did research and found there is a world of difference between readylift and the 5100s. I just ordered my 5100s from downsouthmotorsports.com and they will be here next week =D

4. Jul 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Buy some ome coils with em, you wont have such a noticable improvement if you stay with the stock coils.
    also it will be less work, especially when you decide you want new coils you wont have to do it again,
    because its a pain in the ass.

To Top