1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

54" Tires!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by CK4500, May 8, 2012.

1. May 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    YukonLT

YukonLT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cambridge, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 Timberland Mica
    none
    Now you guys got me all freaked out about where to park my truck, with all these parking lot vigilante speeders ripping around and slamming into cars...

2. May 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    This thing's already illegal using existing laws.

If you want to outlaw additional vehicles, that's on you. I didn't say it.

You want one simple example? That truck rolls up to a red light with at an intersection with a crosswalk. The driver can't even *see* a full size adult walking directly in front of his truck in the crosswalk.

3. May 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    truth is those monsters would crush our little tacos.

Our little tacos are not in the same class as these monsters -and we all dream of having a monster as a weekend toy

Go to a mud run..run you truck and watch who wins.

4. May 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Once again comparing apples to oranges, my truck is not built for mud pits

5. May 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    Damn, some of you cry about everything on here..

I'd take that truck over any truck on this website. "Unsafe" or not. "Apples to oranges" or not. Fuck apples.

6. May 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    yea i say i can agree to an extent but "truth be told" this is a Tacoma Forum we are gonna say things and frankly we are entitled to what we say...

but i live in SOCAL... and most BROS if not all that drive that disturbing and unsafe vehicle TEND TO BE ASSHOLE douche bags who are "training" for MMA or some shit.... i donno how its like in that guys neck of the woods or even in yours.. who knows that guy might be a nice dude... but fact is MOOSSSTTT guys who drive that kinda shit are idiots and i will be glad to call them out.... yes their are lifted 2wheel trucks (like mine) that honestly see more dirt than guys who have Straight front axles that actually have a drive shaft IN THE FRONT!!! im not gonna get in the 2wheel vs 4wheel thing but prove me other wise...

but im just saying... :cool:

oh and i forgot to mention they are probably saying the same shit on their forum about our trucks lol

7. May 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    lol, you can't even handle driving your truck, I can't imagine you behind the wheel of this pile.

8. May 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    Yea, since you know me and all.

9. May 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    So you were lying about almost spinning out on a straight wet section of road?

Didn't think so.

10. May 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Agreed, they just like to post up something and take turns at it. I think it gets old.

Yes, there isn't really a point to the truck, but I would take it. Why not. Not over my tacoma, but I would have a good old time in that beast. Mall crawling or not, it's huge. Who doesn't wanna drive a big ass truck. Is it dangerous to others? Probably. Not like its legal to drive down the street anyway. Any other person who gets in the way of it is just an idiot.

11. May 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That truck looks fucking retarded

12. May 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    This guy was running those on his buggy when we were at Snowbird last November:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v220/dsayes/FJ%20Videos/?action=view&current=MOV00759.mp4

The difference is he had 'em mounted on deuce and a half axles in a buggy weighing maybe 3000lbs. And he most definitely had a front driveshaft. He was running the tires with beadlocks at 4 PSI. He mentioned he had run them at 0 PSI before because he could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4

13. May 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    It happened, but I dont care.

Did think so.

14. May 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
  15. May 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
  16. May 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    haha this turned into the most pointless thread ever! Mods, please create a "Bullshit" section and have this thread start it out then we can grow it from there!

i see these trucks all the time around here, i mean ones with 54" tires, and they are "real" mud trucks and in most cases they are fucking beasts!! Also cops around here dont care about big trucks like that because everyone muds including them. I have a cop buddy with a k5 blazer on 48s and he drives it on the road, spends half a day in the mud, then drives it on the road some more! Memphis cops are awesome, they dont care about shit!

This truck though . . . . . . . . . . Bro'd tha fuck out!

17. May 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    Same here! Everyone (Including me) rides around in huge trucks with straightpipes, no cats. I love my city.

18. May 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    [​IMG]

19. May 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    [​IMG]

20. May 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    yeah MS, AR, TN, AL pretty much anywhere down here its probably like that! Ive never even thought twice about seeing, riding in, or driving a huge truck on the road and passing cops or any other people. I guess the whole eastern southern region are a bunch of retards then! Oh well fuck it:brianr:

Products Discussed in

To Top