1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5lug v6 coil springs on a 4cyl: advice needed

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacomatt602, May 27, 2017.

1. May 27, 2017 at 10:25 AM
    tacomatt602

tacomatt602 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1997 5lug Regular Cab 2.4l
    Doetsch spindles, V6 coils, Fabtech AAL, 4Crawler 2" body lift, Daystar coil spacers, Bilstein 5100s (rear), 15x7 U.S. Wheel Stealth Stars, 225/70r15 Firestone Destination LE2s, '00-04 side mirrors, Prerunner/4x4 grille, Kobalt low-profile toolbox, fucked steering rack D:
    So I just bought a pair of factory coil springs for a v6 5lug and I'm planning on putting them on my 4cyl 5lug for another inch or 2 of lift but there are 2 things holding me back from putting them in.. This is partly me being overly cautious but I just don't want to have to take apart the front suspension twice if one of the springs turns out to be the wrong one.. So first, one spring is dark black and glossy and the other is more faded black with an eggshell finish. Second, one spring is coiled up a little tighter than the other and if you look it has 1 extra loop around. It makes sense though since it's the driver side spring but I just expected them to be identical.. Other than that everything looks good, same height roughly, tags have the right part numbers on them. I just wanted to run this by TW before I did anything else, so what do you guys think? Go ahead and install them or hold off? Anybody run into this type of thing before? IMG_1222.jpg

2. May 27, 2017 at 3:52 PM
    mechanicjon

mechanicjon They call me "Jonny Stubs"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    04 Taco SC 4dr SR5 TRD Prerunner
    Supercharged, AEM FIC/6, Meth Inj, ION Alloy's, Radio & Phone steering Wheel controls,Fabtech AAL, Billie's wrapped with 880's , Tundra big brake conversion, bully bars and Pioneer DDin Stereo/dvd with exterrnal usb ports. 290K and going strong.
    Check in the 5 lug threads. Those guys might have an answer.

Products Discussed in

To Top